Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Altered Images 4 x CD box set

Altered Images 4 x CD box set

Postby thorpy2112 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:53 am

Hi - I've just finished writing liner notes for a forthcoming Altered Images box set on Cherry Pop. It will be called The 'Epic' Albums and features Happy Birthday, Pinky Blue, Bite (all with bonus tracks) plus a further disc of 12" mixes. Masters supplied by Sony - now at the artwork stage, so watch this space for further updates on confirmed tracklistings etc.
thorpy2112
Take On Me

Re: Altered Images 4 x CD box set

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:28 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:06 am

You know, I do have to wonder if after I posted my intent here in May on reissuing the AI catalog, word got back to CR about it and they thought they'd jump on the bandwagon before me. I would love to know if they had their request in to Sony before I did. I did email them through Facebook but would be surprised to receive a response. One thing for sure, I will never post any of my reissue ideas (bands or titles) again after this unpleasantness. And when it says masters supplied by Sony, I want to know if that means new tape transfers or existing digital files, maybe even the ones I used on the Vinyl 180 LP reissues. I don't doubt it will have some issues, for reasons which are well known to most people here.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:25 am

Heavy sigh. That's a real kick in the teeth. And you're right. The odds that this will be yet another flawed set are close to 100%. You really do need to play your cards close to your vest in this arena. There are so many factors that can affect the possibility of a release, that it really doesn't pay to announce even intentions until such time as a release date is already in black and white.
Last edited by postpunkmonk on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:31 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:39 am

Seems to be rather than one hand at Sony doesn't know what the other is doing... Although it doesn't surprise me with a company like Sony. Just sad time was invested in a project that was possibly (99% likely) already in the works with Cherry Pop.

A shame that if Cherry Pop go the boxset way, they don't include a dvd with the videos (+ stuff like Futurama or tv-appearances) - possibly the last opportunity for those tto see the light of the day on an official release.
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:13 am

I can only hope these are not remastered by that godawful Tim Turan, who was part of Thorpy's other CR related projects. Those Kim Wilde CD's were some of the loudest, most painfully compressed and shrill remasters I had ever heard. If this box ends up ear bleedingly loud or poorly mastered in any way, it will be reviewed accordingly. This is one that better not get F'd up, especially considering the situation.

By the way PPM, I replied to your messages but they are just sitting in my outbox for whatever reason, so not sure if you received them.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:37 pm

I bet they put the edited Extended Version of Don't Talk To Me About Love on this like every other compilation it has appeared on.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Rubellan wrote:I can only hope these are not remastered by that godawful Tim Turan, who was part of Thorpy's other CR related projects. Those Kim Wilde CD's were some of the loudest, most painfully compressed and shrill remasters I had ever heard. If this box ends up ear bleedingly loud or poorly mastered in any way, it will be reviewed accordingly. This is one that better not get F'd up, especially considering the situation.

By the way PPM, I replied to your messages but they are just sitting in my outbox for whatever reason, so not sure if you received them.

I don't think that they are using Tim Turan much anymore. The choice now seems to be between Dave Turner and Nick Robbins, usually. Turner's remasters tend to be too loud, over-bloated, and often shrill. Nick Robbins, on the other hand, puts out great remasters, in my opinion. Let's hope that Robbins gets to tackle these Altered Images reissues.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Bellenger1981 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:30 pm

moni wrote:I bet they put the edited Extended Version of Don't Talk To Me About Love on this like every other compilation it has appeared on.

I'm afraid that you will probably be right. Shame.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Are we talking about the UK or US Ext. version? The UK mix is 8:30 min i believe. I prefer the US mix though which slightly shorter at 6:10 min.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:24 am

omar wrote:Are we talking about the UK or US Ext. version? The UK mix is 8:30 min i believe. I prefer the US mix though which slightly shorter at 6:10 min.

Well every mix i have came across lasts for 7 minutes so that must be an edit of the UK extended version. I have never came across the US version has it ever appeared on CD before :?:
moni
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:18 am

moni wrote:
omar wrote:Are we talking about the UK or US Ext. version? The UK mix is 8:30 min i believe. I prefer the US mix though which slightly shorter at 6:10 min.

Well every mix i have came across lasts for 7 minutes so that must be an edit of the UK extended version. I have never came across the US version has it ever appeared on CD before :?:

I don't think the US version has appeared on cd. But here we go. It does have a different intro....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vGSHn71_8A

Maybe Rubellan can tell us?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:45 am

The U.S. 12" version is really the UK LP version with an additional instrumental part tacked on at the moment the LP version would have ended. The UK 12" mix was completely different. The full 8:30 version is what is on the new Vinyl 180 double LP reissue of Bite. Unless Cherry Red actually go back to tapes (or end up using the file I provided to Vinyl 180), it will likely be the edited version. Unless they do another of their shabby vinyl transfers.
Sony has informed me they can cross check international licenses to avoid a similar conflict in the future. I've asked if they can see when Cherry Red submitted their request. I'm not sure if they will look it up but I would like to know if this went in before mine or if there's a snake in the grass.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:57 am

Rubellan wrote: I'm not sure if they will look it up but I would like to know if this went in before mine or if there's a snake in the grass.

Would be interesting to know. Seriously though - if they tell you the date, personal data with them is extremely secure :D
crystal
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations