Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls (Mastermix)"

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls (Mastermix)"

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:57 am

Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls (The Shep Pettibone Mastermix)" (8:12) FLAC:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/j8cw1y

To the best of my knowledge, this mix has never been officially released on CD, but apparently in 2014 it was included in the "Grand 12-Inches" Upgrades And Additions:
https://www.discogs.com/Ben-Liebrand-Gr ... se/6427076
I was able to find it in FLAC format and figured I'd share it here with any other PSB fans since neither the band nor their labels seem too keen to officially release these older mixes in any current digital or download formats. It's definitely sourced from master tapes and sounds gorgeous! Wish the Pettibone Dub would find it's way to CD or lossless!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Re: Share: Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls (Mastermix)"

Postby retromusic » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Cheers, Fred!
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby crichert » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:02 pm

Nice! Thanks, Fred!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby GingGing1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Hello Fred, thanks for this rare mix. Was hoping if you have the rest of the West End Girls version and the Divine - Native Love (Remix) as well.? Thanks in advance.
GingGing1
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks for the track. looks like the west end girls mixes
are from djs and some are official.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby 01101001 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:20 am

--
Last edited by 01101001 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:03 pm

If that "Grand 12-Inches" Upgrades And Additions was an actual silver pressed cd with all of those PSB remixes on it, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Sean wrote:If that "Grand 12-Inches" Upgrades And Additions was an actual silver pressed cd with all of those PSB remixes on it, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

how hard is it to burn your own disc. they are flac/wav so there's no loss in quality. thats the important thing.

also, as i mentioned some of those are weird dj mixes, and aren't that great.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby GingGing1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:49 am

Other than Pettibone, I'm also familiar with DISCONET, a DJ service label here in the US. This may had been released on Disconet on a vinyl.
GingGing1
Take On Me

Postby maccafan076 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Thanks for sharing this. Huge PSB fan.
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:28 am

negative1 wrote:how hard is it to burn your own disc. they are flac/wav so there's no loss in quality. thats the important thing.also, as i mentioned some of those are weird dj mixes, and aren't that great.

I buy silver pressed cd's because cd-r's do not have the fricking shelf life. If you are a collector, you want a silver pressed cd, not a cd-r. Another thing is music files have absolute no value at all. I am not against music files and I use them all the time but if there items are released on silver pressed cd's, I will buy them. If you are happy with just files, enjoy!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby GingGing1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Sean wrote:
negative1 wrote:how hard is it to burn your own disc. they are flac/wav so there's no loss in quality. thats the important thing.also, as i mentioned some of those are weird dj mixes, and aren't that great.

I buy silver pressed cd's because cd-r's do not have the fricking shelf life. If you are a collector, you want a silver pressed cd, not a cd-r. Another thing is music files have absolute no value at all. I am not against music files and I use them all the time but if there items are released on silver pressed cd's, I will buy them. If you are happy with just files, enjoy!

Hi Sean, I do a lot of archiving as well using Verbatim disc but not sure if it's silver pressed. Can you share the brand you use or recommend? Thanks in advance.
GingGing1
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:34 am

Sean wrote:

as a collector, i agree with you. but when there is no other choice. having wav/flac files is exactly the same when burned to a cd-r. i have cd-r's that are decades old that are fine,
so i don't see what the problem is. i've had pressed cd's go bad, and ink and other issues with official released cd's that are old (not that many, but it still happens).

buy archival dvd's then. anyways, the vast majority of those tracks are on other cd compilations.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby PKPN » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:55 pm

GingGing1 wrote:I do a lot of archiving as well using Verbatim disc but not sure if it's silver pressed.

No, he is saying that a recordable CD (CD-R or CD-RW) is worthless to him; he wants a pressed disc. Technically what he wants is aluminum, not silver, although I suspect he was referring to the color rather than the material; recordable CDs are never quite the same pure silvery color as pressed discs.

(Non-recordable audio CDs and CD-ROM discs are physically pressed from molds; the data is a spiral of physical pits impressed into a thin layer of aluminum. The molds are derived from a glass master disc whose pits were etched by a laser. In contrast, the data layer in a recordable CD is a pre-written spiral of dye-backed silver, and pits are simulated by the burner's laser changing the dye's color.)
PKPN
Take On Me

Postby Neil Kelly » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Many thanks!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central