Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The New Wave Manifesto

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

The New Wave Manifesto

Postby MG81Keyboards » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:50 pm

Does anyone here have a copy, or, know where I can get/purchase/download one?

I used to have a ton. I would make copies of them in my high school library. If anyone has one, I would really appreciate it. The last time I read it was years ago.

Thank you.
MG81Keyboards
Running Up That Hill

Re: The New Wave Manifesto

Postby MG81Keyboards » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Bump.

It dawned on me that perhaps no one knew what I was on about. So, in 1953 two men met at an art conference. I used to know their names but they slip me at the moment. One was a Frenchman, the other, a German. They met in what was then known as West Germany. They agreed with each other about everything, and, one of the things they agreed about the most was a need for a new movement in art, a New Wave of Western Civilization. They compiled their ideas into a manifesto, as most art movements have one. So, the New Wave Manifesto was written and the New Wave Movement was born. In art, it was a rejection of both Soviet/Marxist realism and of "modern" abstractionism. In philosophy, it was opposed to the New Age movement, to the Beatnicks, etc. In politics, they were absolute monarchists, although, common law was allowed for. They described how cinema should be, how music should be, etc. Unfortunately, it took a while for the New Wave movement to make inroads with music, about twenty years or so.

The crux of the movement was that Western Civilization needed to move forward, while at the same time drawing inspiration from its roots.

Does this ring a bell to anyone? Anyone at all?

Anyone? Anyone at all?

I will ride the New Wave Forever.
MG81Keyboards
Running Up That Hill

Postby MarcD » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 am

I always thought the Canadian band The Box had the best "New Wave manifesto":

"We're dancing on the grave of rock and roll!"

It didn't turn out that way, but still...
MarcD
Take On Me

Postby ShaneBond » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:05 am

You can get it from torrent books or Amazon if you have an account. Many online portals also provided the books on personal request. Ask them for that book.
ShaneBond
Running Up That Hill

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions