Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Postby Danielwaver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:39 pm

Re-issue coming in December. One more album off the wish list!

https://www.discogs.com/Trees-Sleep-Con ... e/10924664
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Re: Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Postby Rubellan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:57 pm

This is not an official CD. I know because this is the album that I submitted to license from Universal back in September and I have been in touch with the artist. For anyone wanting this album, best to hold off from this bootleg because if my license request goes through I will be sourcing original studio master tapes and am even aware, courtesy of the artists wife, of outtakes that may be included.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Rubellan wrote:This is not an official CD. I know because this is the album that I submitted to license from Universal back in September and I have been in touch with the artist. For anyone wanting this album, best to hold off from this bootleg because if my license request goes through I will be sourcing original studio master tapes and am even aware, courtesy of the artists wife, of outtakes that may be included.

That's great news but I'll buy the bootleg one for now & once your remastered one is released will buy that too.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Agree with the above. First in wins the game. Thanks for the info.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:39 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby discoginfo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:07 am

It's already blocked from sale at discogs.com
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am

Yes, we managed to get it blocked. I'm not messing around after all of that Altered Images box set nonsense that caused me to (foolishly) cancel my reissue plans. I'm not about to let some bootleg steal the thunder of my potential official release next year. I'm going to be having a discussion soon with Dane Conover of Trees about the bonus material he has from that era that I could include as bonus tracks once Universal provide me a quote for the album. Dane also posted a comment on the Discogs page regarding that Singapore CD.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 am

Wow! I am floored! This is hypocrisy at it's finest.
Scott have you forgotten your humble beginnings?
I've bought Bootlegs and CD-Rs from several people on NWO and discogs.com over the years.
What about the sale of used CDs?
The record companies and the artists don't see a dime from those sales, while the re-seller site makes a commission.

I wasn't going to buy the Trees "Sleep Convention" CD/Bootleg but now I think I will out of protest of these strong-arm tactics.

I've have a box of over 300 CDs many rare and oop. I was going to list on discogs.com. Not any more. I'm deleting my account with discogs.com and never buying a CD from the site again. I will pay the higher commission fees at amazon.com out of spite.

discoginfo wrote:It's already blocked from sale at discogs.com

Rubellan wrote:Yes, we managed to get it blocked. I'm not messing around after all of that Altered Images box set nonsense that caused me to (foolishly) cancel my reissue plans. I'm not about to let some bootleg steal the thunder of my potential official release next year. I'm going to be having a discussion soon with Dane Conover of Trees about the bonus material he has from that era that I could include as bonus tracks once Universal provide me a quote for the album. Dane also posted a comment on the Discogs page regarding that Singapore CD.
Last edited by telekon3 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:52 am

You bought CD's from me, what, 15-20 years ago? It's called growing up. I'm not a twenty something struggling through college anymore. I'm trying to start a legit business that is going to get the artist royalties and fans access to CD's produced from masters. Plenty of people can bootleg all they want but if I'm going to be paying thousands of dollars to Universal and working directly with the artist on this release (which was in progress before my less than pleasant dealings with another artist), then I should ensure that my OFFICIAL release is the one people purchase. There was nothing on that listing indicating that it was a bootleg CD to potential buyers. I never tried to be sneaky to people who received my CD's all those years ago, so spare me. Plus, I was ONLY offering things not on CD, and as soon as it would come into print I would no longer offer it. Give that attitude back to Barmy please.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Sometimes it's difficult for people to admit they screwed up.
I could care less that you are upset and decide to get personal.
You used strong-arm techniques justified by sanctimony.
That "Bootleg" wouldn't affected the sales of your superior product,
but you were overcome with fear and had to annihilate the so called competition.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Last edited by Rubellan on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:42 pm

You've really shown your true colors today.
The process of Rationalization is the currency of the world and you are a wealthy man.

I like New Wave music because it has an honesty and an integrity to it.
I'm just glad you are a knob-tweeker and not a musician.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Rubellan wrote:Yes, we managed to get it blocked. I'm not messing around after all of that Altered Images box set nonsense that caused me to (foolishly) cancel my reissue plans. I'm not about to let some bootleg steal the thunder of my potential official release next year. I'm going to be having a discussion soon with Dane Conover of Trees about the bonus material he has from that era that I could include as bonus tracks once Universal provide me a quote for the album. Dane also posted a comment on the Discogs page regarding that Singapore CD.

You are probably not even aware that there are other ways to buy that bootleg CD, so blocking it on Discogs won't do anything. When I receive my copy in mail, I'll let you guys know how it sounds.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm very aware there are other ways (as indicated in my response about the unnamed veteran bootlegger). But Discogs is a very high profile marketplace so it will definitely limit some of the purchases for people who aren't necessarily searching for it. The attempted deceptiveness of the seller trying to pawn it off as an official release is just wrong, and had I unknowingly bought the CD only to find it's some novices vinyl rip would have definitely pissed me off.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Rubellan wrote:I'm very aware there are other ways (as indicated in my response about the unnamed veteran bootlegger). But Discogs is a very high profile marketplace so it will definitely limit some of the purchases for people who aren't necessarily searching for it. The attempted deceptiveness of the seller trying to pawn it off as an official release is just wrong, and had I unknowingly bought the CD only to find it's some novices vinyl rip would have definitely pissed me off.

What are the odds that you and Dane could get this released? Any roadblocks through Universal that might derail the project?
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations