Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Eurythmics Vinyl Reissues

Eurythmics Vinyl Reissues

Postby omar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:18 am

All of the duo's studio albums except the 1984 Big Brother soundtrack will be issued on vinyl throughout 2018. These seem to be straight reissues without any bonus material. One was hoping for more reissue activity as they're being nominated for the rock n roll hall of fame. Only time will tell i guess.
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Eurythmics Vinyl Reissues

Postby moni » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 pm

How can i put this politely i wish vinyl would fuck off :evil:
moni
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 am

moni wrote:How can i put this politely i wish vinyl would fuck off :evil:

Right there with you moni. The only vinyl I'm interested in is that which contains material that never made CD. And it's at least 35 years old.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 am

I'd prefer cd reissues myself maybe a boxset with rarities etc, but hey this is just the beginning i think. Maybe Sony is loosening up and plans to eventually reissue more stuff since Dave & Annie are being nominated.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby chris74 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:50 pm

I would love to finally see the video album for "Savage" on DVD! Or a singles collection with single edits or a CD with extended versions: so far "You have placed a chill in my heart" hasn't made it onto CD.
chris74
Take On Me

Postby danadotcom » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Moni...I could not agree more!!! Vinyl will die another death when the hipster Millennials who think they invented it have to move their cratefuls of it a few times.
danadotcom
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:18 am

The only thing I really miss about vinyl is that the larger packaging allows for better quality artwork ;-) Though the print quality for CD packaging has certainly come a long way.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby eLeMeNOhPeaQ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 am

chris74 wrote:I would love to finally see the video album for "Savage" on DVD!

Yes, please!
eLeMeNOhPeaQ
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:05 am

Fred Taghon wrote:The only thing I really miss about vinyl is that the larger packaging allows for better quality artwork ;-) Though the print quality for CD packaging has certainly come a long way.

If the labels had any brains, which they don't, they should package CDs in a 7" sleeve. I was never into 7" singles, back in the day, but in the past few years, my friend has been giving me UK 7"es of bands I collect, and I have to admit that they are cool to look at. I don't actually play the singles :mrgreen: .
obs
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:34 am

obs wrote:
Fred Taghon wrote:The only thing I really miss about vinyl is that the larger packaging allows for better quality artwork ;-) Though the print quality for CD packaging has certainly come a long way.

If the labels had any brains, which they don't, they should package CDs in a 7" sleeve. I was never into 7" singles, back in the day, but in the past few years, my friend has been giving me UK 7"es of bands I collect, and I have to admit that they are cool to look at. I don't actually play the singles :mrgreen: .

there were a few cd-singles in the 90's that came in a 12 inch sleeve:
i have one from sisters of mercy, and there was one from erasure.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Sisters-Of- ... ase/566747

they were limited editions.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:38 am

obs wrote:

I saw this once, with an Erasure single for "It Doesn't Have To Be." https://www.discogs.com/Erasure-It-Doesnt-Have-To-Be/release/449249
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby obs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:58 am

Yeah, like that!
obs
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations