Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Re: Trees "Sleep Convention" on CD this December

Postby oldwaver2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Barmy just shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about Remastering the wrong way?
I am Rubellan and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:45 pm

Pithy.

I am done with this fight.

My principal issue was Rubellan or someone getting the Sleep Convention FACTORY PRESSED bootleg CDs banned from discogs. Unforgivable, selfish and just plain gross... This in an era when superstars earn about $2 from major hit "singles".

And why bother. I easily obtained this "banned" CD anyway. I only bought it because it was "banned".

Regards to all.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby oldwaver2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:01 am

Barmy, I hope you didn’t think my song parody was a slight to you. I respect your honesty. Rubellan has been fluttering around this forum like a prima donna high on his own snatch smack. At times, acting like a mini tyrant. It’s good to see someone knock him off of his high horse. He so badly wants to be someone and he’s found a way to glom onto others creations and ride someone’s coattails to gain some kind notoriety. The unfortunate thing about it is most people on this forum aren’t going to speak up and put him in his place, because they want the CD reissues so badly. The reality of it is, no one really cares who remasters the music as long as the music is reissued and released on CD. Of course now there are going to be several posts stating how 4 out 5 people prefer Rubellan’s remasters to anyone else. I personally would rather have no Rubellan remasters than have the taste of bunghole on my lips.
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Well, it looks like Barmy has a miserable kindred spirit. Look, I'm sorry you two are doing nothing with your life or a passion for music, but if writing pointless complaints about those who are trying to do something about it rather than endlessly complaining about why something isn't available or how you don't like what is available, then have at it. The support of either of you two or any others with your mindset is the last thing in the world that I need, and I'm sure my sales will be fine with other fans around the world who will appreciate my products. And when I start posting promos for each of my releases on my YouTube page, which currently has close to 700 subscribers, your absence will be even less noticeable. But when either of you do buy my releases, and let's face it, you will, make sure to either make no mention of it or complain about some fabricated fault, especially with the grand contribution you are currently making in the reissue market. Oh wait...

"no one really cares who remasters the music as long as the music is reissued and released on CD."
That's hilarious! It's been a while since we've seen one of those "just be glad it's available, despite the quality" sentiments that seemed to die out about a decade ago. Good to see someone is still holding onto that archaic mentality, just to remind us how far some people have come. When you get the next brickwalled poorly mastered from vinyl reissue, I'm sure you will be 100% satisfied with it. From an outside perspective, some might think you're just wallowing in bitter jealousy.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby oldwaver2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Rubellan, I realize that this is your whole world. It's just amazing how you are constantly explaining and defending yourself to a world of "nobodies". Don't you have any real friends or family, some kind of support network other than what you find on the internet. Social media can come back to haunt you by the things you say and post. If I was an industry professional and I googled you and read some of your posts on this forum, I would seriously question your professionalism or your stability. I don't know you and have never met you, but after reading your posts, you come off needy and slightly immature and somewhat unfocused.
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Trees has been cleared for release by Universal. Will now begin finalizing bonus material with the artist.
One title through Warners has been cleared and another likely cleared this week. Artist/title will be revealed closer to release. One album was previously on CD, though my edition will have numerous bonus tracks. The other album has never been released on CD anywhere and will include several bonus tracks.

On the down side, Universal have decided they are not going to research any further for the Clare Grogan unreleased solo album, so that's out. Also, and most disappointingly, Universal have found they no longer own the rights to Pseudo Echo's 'Autumnal Park' outside of Australia, so my dream of a master tape transfer CD reissue is out.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Fred80s » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:07 pm

That's amazing news!
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby Qbertqubes » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:47 am

I will buy only your Trees CD releases when they come out...thanks
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby swerve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Great to hear Scott and I will be supporting your releases.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby FanFan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Excellent news all around, Rubellan. Thanks very much for chronicling the process, too — although now you should start a website for the label, and start chronicling the progess on a blog there. Just use this site to let us know when there's a new post. That way, we can also support your fledgling label's internet presence. Sadly, I have no doubt that certain preening examples of shining superiority will also show up there.
FanFan
Take On Me

Postby Bellenger1981 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Thank you for the update, Scott. Shame about "Autumnal Park". Regardless, looking forward to the releases that you got cleared!!!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Rubellan wrote:Trees has been cleared for release by Universal. Will now begin finalizing bonus material with the artist.
One title through Warners has been cleared and another likely cleared this week. Artist/title will be revealed closer to release. One album was previously on CD, though my edition will have numerous bonus tracks. The other album has never been released on CD anywhere and will include several bonus tracks.

On the down side, Universal have decided they are not going to research any further for the Clare Grogan unreleased solo album, so that's out. Also, and most disappointingly, Universal have found they no longer own the rights to Pseudo Echo's 'Autumnal Park' outside of Australia, so my dream of a master tape transfer CD reissue is out.

Great news and I am happily surprised they responded. That's a step in the right direction. Regarding Autumnal Park, it won't be a bad idea to contact Brian Canham on his facebook page and let him know of your intention to remaster this. I think he'd be on board and can work with you re the license.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:53 pm

Danielwaver wrote:
Rubellan wrote:Trees has been cleared for release by Universal. Will now begin finalizing bonus material with the artist.

Great news and I am happily surprised they responded. That's a step in the right direction. Regarding Autumnal Park, it won't be a bad idea to contact Brian Canham on his facebook page and let him know of your intention to remaster this. I think he'd be on board and can work with you re the license.

The tracklisting for Trees has been finalized. It will be 22 tracks containing the original 10 track album, 2 alternate versions of album tracks, and 10 additional tracks that were intended to be on the follow up album that never happened.
Regarding Pseudo Echo, I'm very tempted to contact Brian but I think I need to hold off for the moment. With the number of possible clearances coming in the next couple of months, I've got to watch my cash outgo so I don't end up in the poor house before I start seeing some revenue. I just got a response today from the BBC regarding a batch of radio sessions I inquired about licensing, so that could be coming soon as well if all goes (relatively) smoothly.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Thefxc2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:32 pm

This is great news, Rubellan. Thanks for putting in the hard work on this one. I'll buy a copy the minute you put it up for sale.
Thefxc2
Take On Me

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:54 am

Yes great news and I hope this becomes a profitable business for you as you are more likely to research and release albums that this forum has been after for sometime than some of the other labels like cherry red

or even releases like the mood collection where an overall album was never released

hope some of these will be on your radar

Berlin Blondes
Fiat Lux ( I had hoped we would be seeing some of their material as blank and jones had one of their tracks on their collections so was hoping the licencing issue had been overcome )
Secession with bonus 12" mixes
Vision UK ( lucifers Friend , Love dance etc)
This island earth ( wonder if there is anything in the vaults other than the two great tracks they released)

Perhaps it is wishing too much that if you do get this into a little business that you could start doing some 12" compilations ( I know they would be difficult to licence) all the ones that come out nowadays rehash all the same tracks most of the time
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations