Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

REQ : bronski beat "out & about"

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

REQ : bronski beat "out & about"

Postby bouba » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello,

In 1988 bronski beat recorded the album "out & about" but it remained unrealeased during two decades.
A version of this album can be bought on steve bronski site but the link doesn't work (i have tried on two PC, an i-pad...).
I have sent an email but I have no answer... This album seems to be impossible to find on any plateform.
Does someone have this one to share ?

Thanks !
bouba
Running Up That Hill

Re: REQ : bronski beat "out & about"

Postby humanracer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:05 pm

It's on soundcloud..https://soundcloud.com/steve-bronski

I believe there are various ways to rip the tracks
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Found the official version!
https://www.stevebronski.com/music
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:01 pm

bouba wrote:Hello,

In 1988 bronski beat recorded the album "out & about" but it remained unrealeased during two decades.
A version of this album can be bought on steve bronski site but the link doesn't work (i have tried on two PC, an i-pad...).
I have sent an email but I have no answer... This album seems to be impossible to find on any plateform.
Does someone have this one to share ?

Thanks !

I bought it. It is actually very good. Maybe even better than Truthdare. Seems the versions on soundcloud are demos. They make a nice bonus to the actual album.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby bouba » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm

I have bought it ! I don't know why but it was impossible to buy the whole album on Steve Bronski's website. But, if you buy each song individually, it works. It is a very good album. You can complete the album with the song "european boy". Steve (stellahell1) has put it on youtube. I have to discover the demos on soundcloud ! Thank you !
bouba
Running Up That Hill

Postby humanracer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Yep, are you also Pye on the Popjustice forum? I know they have been looking for that album for a while.
The PopJustice forum is awful. I tried to join but none of my posts get approved. I guess it is more for fans of modern pop.

I wonder who is singing vocals on the tracks? Cherry Red should release this on CD.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central