Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SHARE: OMD "(Forever) Live And Die" full unedited 12" Mix!

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: SHARE: OMD "(Forever) Live And Die" full unedited 12" Mi

Postby Bellenger1981 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm

I agree with what you did, Fred. I would have done the same. Thanks for sharing!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Neil Kelly » Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Many thanks!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sun May 20, 2018 11:05 am

Question time: I have two bootlegs of washington 1986. Both are fm broadcasts, both excellent quality. The first is a download of about 10 tracks in flac, the second is an old cassette. When you put the two together only locomotion is missing from the complete gig. So i want to know has anyone seen this done already? Don't get excited i'm doing this just for me it won't be posted I know no one is interested in bootlegs.

second, anyone ever seen a bootleg of bradford 24 10 1986 after the fiasco i had recording the february gig at the same venue which i converted and remastered this afternoon so it's listenable then I didn't take my recorder to the october gig.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sat May 26, 2018 5:18 am

finally got round to putting washington together. Difference in quality from sources noticeable but not as bad as first feared since they tended to be in blocks of songs from either source and i managed to get the joins dead on. The lengths some of us will go to?
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby obs » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Fred Taghon wrote:My burning question regarding this mix is if all commercial releases of it have the weird edit, where did This supposed bootleg CD source the unedited version from?

Yeah, it's funny, but then, there was Ministry's Twitched album, which had unreleased stuff, too.

On a related note, a long time ago, via Napster, I grabbed a Eurythmics remix compilation, which sounded good (ie. non-vinyl sourced tracks), and the remix of "Ministry of Love" was different to the official release that is found on the "Julia" 12inch. I chatted with the dude who ripped it, and he said it was some CD he got from the far East. I can't remember if any of the other mixes were different or not, but at that time, most of the remixes weren't available digitally.
obs
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central