Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

VISAGE Expanded Edition CD now available!

Re: VISAGE Expanded Edition CD now available!

Postby Rubellan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:29 am

Wow, thank you for all the support! I've packaged about 50 copies so far and I'm still not caught up. First batch will ship this afternoon, more tomorrow.
People have occasionally mentioned the shipping cost as a concern, and I took someone's advice from here on another thread and made mention on my Shopping Cart page that 2 CD's overseas can ship for the price of 1, which is around $14. That's what the post office charges, not me. But I try to offset some concerns about customs and such by stating the value of the item a little lower at times.
And yes, it has been a sudden whirlwind of releases, and I've really enjoyed it. But I do intend to slow down at this point. To give a little further insight, the amount I've spent on licenses since April is around 40K, and that's not including other related expenses. And even when I have a huge burst of sales on a new release it really doesn't add up to too much, so I've got to take some time to replenish some of my spending. I only have 1 approval that is still awaiting final clearance, but I can say I'm not in any rush. I have a couple others going through initial review and do hope to continue. The distributor pays out every few months, so I will have to see what sort of lump that is before I can seriously start making more requests. Thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of something so far, and additional thanks to those who post positive reviews on Amazon, Discogs or elsewhere because every bit helps.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Rubellan wrote:Wow, thank you for all the support! I've packaged about 50 copies so far and I'm still not caught up. First batch will ship this afternoon, more tomorrow.
People have occasionally mentioned the shipping cost as a concern, and I took someone's advice from here on another thread and made mention on my Shopping Cart page that 2 CD's overseas can ship for the price of 1, which is around $14. That's what the post office charges, not me. But I try to offset some concerns about customs and such by stating the value of the item a little lower at times.
And yes, it has been a sudden whirlwind of releases, and I've really enjoyed it. But I do intend to slow down at this point. To give a little further insight, the amount I've spent on licenses since April is around 40K, and that's not including other related expenses. And even when I have a huge burst of sales on a new release it really doesn't add up to too much, so I've got to take some time to replenish some of my spending. I only have 1 approval that is still awaiting final clearance, but I can say I'm not in any rush. I have a couple others going through initial review and do hope to continue. The distributor pays out every few months, so I will have to see what sort of lump that is before I can seriously start making more requests. Thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of something so far, and additional thanks to those who post positive reviews on Amazon, Discogs or elsewhere because every bit helps.

Can I ask do you many any profit from this or is just a hobby?
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:22 pm

humanracer wrote:Can I ask do you many any profit from this or is just a hobby?

The potential for profit is there for sure. It's just a matter of waiting for the sales to add up. At the moment I haven't even hit 5 figures in sales $$ yet, and I'll always make the best profit from direct sales. Distribution is a great way to move product and expose yourself to a much wider audience, but the profit margin is minimal by comparison. As much as I would love to quit my IT career and do this for a living, the reality is that my taste is far too niche. Honestly, I'm not sure how Cherry Red does it with all their employees and such, but with 20 releases each month I'm sure it adds up. But I'm a one-man show who does every single aspect of my releases, which I take great pride in. And the idea of pumping out sub-standard product for the sake of volume will never be my thing. So it's another case in life where the nice guy finishes towards the back. But I am livin' the dream in a way, and I now have 6 releases that I'm proud of.

From a sales perspective, my best sellers have been the Mort Garson moog CD's. People just eat those up. Trees is after that, then SPK, then Krisma. But with Visage flying off the shelf, I expect it will be the front runner very soon.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:33 am

I received my copies of Visage and Krisma in the mail yesterday. Super fast shipping... 2 days?! Thank you. The sound quality on these releases is simply stunning! Everything sounds so good and natural. I was thinking to myself how wonderful it would be if everything were mastered this well. Nice job, Scott! Hopefully, you can turn a profit eventually, and we'll see more releases. I am going to try getting a review up on Amazon in the next few days.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby roc51 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Found this by accident as I haven't been to these forums in ages!

Just ordered and can't wait to hear it.

Here's hoping more great reissues are coming - Real Life's back catalogue, KTP Certain Things Are Likely and The Passions Sanctuary are high on my list as well as China Crisis What Price Paradise and Go West S/T. And the Kajagoogoo/Kaja back catalogue needs a revisit.
roc51
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 am

Bellenger1981 wrote:I received my copies of Visage and Krisma in the mail yesterday. Super fast shipping... 2 days?! Thank you. The sound quality on these releases is simply stunning! Everything sounds so good and natural. I was thinking to myself how wonderful it would be if everything were mastered this well. Nice job, Scott! Hopefully, you can turn a profit eventually, and we'll see more releases. I am going to try getting a review up on Amazon in the next few days.

Many thanks, I'm happy you were pleased with them. I am surprised at the overwhelming response to the Visage release. I thought with it having been on CD before that perhaps there would be limited interest, but I've been packaging constantly over the weekend. I have another trunk full ready to ship this afternoon, and sales are around 150 so far. Now, if all my titles sold like that I could keep the requests going! But this one has definitely opened up the exposure and some people who hadn't been aware of my releases were buying a couple or even all of them. So great! Thanks again for all those who have picked up a copy so far.

roc51 wrote:Here's hoping more great reissues are coming - Real Life's back catalogue, KTP Certain Things Are Likely and The Passions Sanctuary are high on my list as well as China Crisis What Price Paradise and Go West S/T. And the Kajagoogoo/Kaja back catalogue needs a revisit.

The Passions 'Sanctuary' is the only remaining initial approval that I have out there. It was approved at the same time of Visage but I've not heard anything final.
Last edited by Rubellan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 am

I'm still waiting for my Visage cd which should hopefully arrive today or tomorrow. Will post a review on Amazon as soon as i get it and listen.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:17 pm

Got my cd right now and had a quick listen. It’s mind blowing. Thanks Scott for this. Sound quality is amazing. I’m sure Steve Strange is up there giving the thumbs up too. I just hope that you get to do the other two Visage albums as well in the near future.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:26 pm

I got mine yesterday and have only had a chance to hear it today. Really awesome Scott, it sounds amazing. Great job on the artwork too and a nice picture disc to boot. The biggest surprise is "Mind Of A Toy". I won't give it away but pretty darn cool.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am

Got mine yesterday - just under a week from ordering from the UK. Very impressed - and the disc sounds amazing. It's like hearing it for the first time all over again. For any fan of Visage, new romantics, early 80s pop, synth pop whatever - this is a must. Seriously, have no misgivings over the postage costs or whatever - you need this upgrade.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks all for the great feedback! I'm going to compile some comments from here, the Amazon reviews that appeared, and some Facebook comments that have been posted and I will post it to my Facebook business page as a bit of positive feedback for anyone who is still on the fence about picking up a copy.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Jolo0924 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:47 am

Ordered and received here in the UK within a week. Overall package is A1 with top quality clean sound without distortion or compression. At last, a clean version of the great "Second Steps" finally makes an appearance on CD! Hoping for the same treatment on the Anvil & Beat Boy if ever they are remastered :)
Jolo0924
Switchin' to Glide

Postby BigManRestless » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:50 am

Jolo0924 wrote:Ordered and received here in the UK within a week. Overall package is A1 with top quality clean sound without distortion or compression. At last, a clean version of the great "Second Steps" finally makes an appearance on CD! Hoping for the same treatment on the Anvil & Beat Boy if ever they are remastered :)

I second that - PLEASE do The Anvil.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby drivel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:42 am

drivel
Take On Me

Postby Willbfree » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 pm

Is the Amazon.co.UK listing that names “Alliance Imports” as the label legit? Same track list as your edition. Doesn’t mention Rubellan but sometimes when a product is being distributed to another territory the name of the distributor ends up listed in the “Label” field instead.
Willbfree
Take On Me

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations