Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

KRISMA - Fido CD now available

KRISMA - Fido CD now available

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:00 pm

This 1983 never previously on CD reissue from Italian duo Krisma is now available to order:

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/krisma
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: KRISMA - Fido CD now available

Postby André » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:32 am

Really excited! But $14 shipping to UK is very very "Ouch!"
André
Switchin' to Glide

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:21 am

$14 shipping to the UK is too much? I spend $13 just to ship a CD to Canada for my friend's birthday! And there's no Atlantic passage involved there!
Last edited by postpunkmonk on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:10 am

André wrote:Really excited! But $14 shipping to UK is very very "Ouch!"

The amount isn't my choice, it's what it costs to ship. But keep in mind that you can get 2 CD's for $14 shipping. It jumps up to $23.50 when you buy 3 CD's. And with how few are available, the price will eventually be a lot more. I received 1000 units and had to pull 67 due to damage during manufacturing and shipping, and now have to work with Technicolor and Warners to try to rectify that. Nothing like spending hours going through every single box and inspecting every single CD because someone chose to ship by the wrong method, and because of manufacturing issues that damaged some of the inserts. This album has been the biggest headache of the 5 I've released, but I'm happy it's now out there.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby anfunny2003 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Ordered this and SPK today - the shipping price isn't great, but it is what it is and by buying two discs, it's basically $7 each. You can't get anything shipped cheaply from the US to the UK anymore, sadly. I hardly buy anything from over there now as a result. Anyway, can't wait to receive these new discs! I'm sure they'll be great. Thanks, Scott! :D
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby André » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:59 am

Great $14 shipping for two CDs makes a big difference! Ordered Krisma and SPK.
Maybe you should make combined shipping costs to Europe clearer as it is a good selling point, just a gentle suggestion.
Leaves me wondering which other CD I will buy when you release the Visage reissue?
André
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Rubellan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:23 am

I now have my promo video for the Krisma release online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxDe4Nj0U_Y
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby André » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Just finished listening to the Krisma Fido cd, and it's still a fabulous album. This is a great reissue with a version of Many Kisses that I never heard before. Top job and highly recommended. Happy!
André
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Surly » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:11 pm

I stopped by Amoeba in Hollywood yesterday for a few minutes. Thumbing through the "K" section, I did see they have the Krisma CD in stock, so I imagine they are stocking your other releases as well.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 am

Surly wrote:I stopped by Amoeba in Hollywood yesterday for a few minutes. Thumbing through the "K" section, I did see they have the Krisma CD in stock, so I imagine they are stocking your other releases as well.

Yes, I've heard Amoeba are carrying them, which I think is great because that area would definitely have the audience. Since the Visage fury of sales has died down, I offered the title to my distributor and it's now starting to become more widely available. But I moved over 200 copies on my own so it helped start the license fee recoup. On a sour note, I've noticed the labels have begun offering a couple of my titles via download and streaming. They don't include all the bonus content but I have to wonder if it's going to dip into my sales. So they charge me a large sum of money, I do all the work, then they offer it through other services. That's corporate America for you.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 am

Rubellan wrote:
Surly wrote:I stopped by Amoeba in Hollywood yesterday for a few minutes. Thumbing through the "K" section, I did see they have the Krisma CD in stock, so I imagine they are stocking your other releases as well.

Yes, I've heard Amoeba are carrying them, which I think is great because that area would definitely have the audience. Since the Visage fury of sales has died down, I offered the title to my distributor and it's now starting to become more widely available. But I moved over 200 copies on my own so it helped start the license fee recoup. On a sour note, I've noticed the labels have begun offering a couple of my titles via download and streaming. They don't include all the bonus content but I have to wonder if it's going to dip into my sales. So they charge me a large sum of money, I do all the work, then they offer it through other services. That's corporate America for you.

Ugh. I've seen that happen with '80s R&B stuff released by funkytowngrooves, too - and in those cases, it always included all of the bonus content. Everything licensed from that reissue label seemed to come from Sony for the most part.
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Surly » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm

I went back to Amoeba yesterday and picked this up - it sounds great!

(I realize you make more when purchased directly from you, but I had a store credit burning a hole in my pocket!)

Oh - and I was in Denver on Thursday - Twist & Shout has this in stock, too.
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:13 am

Surly wrote:I went back to Amoeba yesterday and picked this up - it sounds great!

(I realize you make more when purchased directly from you, but I had a store credit burning a hole in my pocket!)

Oh - and I was in Denver on Thursday - Twist & Shout has this in stock, too.

Ultimately, I'm ok with sales from any source. As long as the stock moves and retailers continue to stock. Good to hear my titles are still making their way around. I should get my first quarter results from my distributor later this week, but from the numbers I've already heard things are going well. I hope it continues.
I just got another approval through Warner/Rhino. I'm not going to mention the specifics yet but it's an album that has been on CD before with extra tracks. My edition is going to be unique by providing different bonus material including some versions never before on CD. I've also submitted four new requests to Universal hopefully for 2019 release. Stay tuned...

I was going to try my hand at a vinyl reissue and requested the early Oingo Boingo material. Universal came back and said those are already spoken for, so I will be curious to see what becomes of that.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby swerve » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Great to hear concerning future releases. :)
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby rsgonzalez » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Rubellan wrote:I was going to try my hand at a vinyl reissue and requested the early Oingo Boingo material. Universal came back and said those are already spoken for, so I will be curious to see what becomes of that.

The amount of unreleased Boingo material is frankly insane. I really wish you'd gotten dibs on it. I'd love for reissues to come out, but I wouldn't be surprised if "spoken for" means "someone paid a lot of money for this stuff never to get released."
rsgonzalez
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations