Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Stabilizers Unreleased 2nd Album "Teasing Enrico"

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: Stabilizers Unreleased 2nd Album "Teasing Enrico"

Postby PaL » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:42 am

It is an act of trolling, obviously... :roll:

I mean; "Go Wait For....mp3"
PaL
Take On Me

Postby Qbertqubes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:04 am

what a descriptive extensive review etc all for a trolling....the search goes on
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Qbertqubes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:40 am

Hey Rothgarr, that album cover you show looks an awful lot like the "One Simple Thing" single sleeve but in Yellow...where did that come from?
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Glen » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:20 pm

I wanted to believe...sniff sniff, boo hoo...next thing you know, someone will expose the Loch Ness Monster as a hoax. At least we have the Great Pumpkin.
Glen
Personal Jesus

Postby eddie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:46 am

elevatorman wrote:Man, I am wondering if we got trolled. If so, I gotta hand it to you Rothgarr.

Really? you may all want to reconsider that accusation.

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7506109
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Rothgarr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 am

Hi everyone, sorry for not replying sooner (life, work, etc.).

I apologize if I gave the impression that I could share these files. There are still copyrights in place and Rich Nevens asked me not to share them for that specific reason.

Qbertqubes is correct that the artwork is from One Simple Thing -- I made that cover myself so that I'd have some artwork to go with the songs in iTunes.

As I already mentioned, I can't share these files or CDs, etc. At one point I was considering making a YouTube video that contains just 10 seconds of each song -- not sure how much harm might come from that... still thinking about it.
Rothgarr
Running Up That Hill

Postby Glen » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Appreciate the additional info, Rothgarr. It's the most I've ever seen about that album. The YouTube snippets would be great, and I will keep searching for this lost album! I really doubt it ever gets released after this much time, but we can hope!
Glen
Personal Jesus

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Odd that rich would not like to have his music heard even if if is without a profit. If he sent to you, then why not the rest of the fans? How can I contact rich? You would be sharing. Not selling. I will pay rich
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby elevatorman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:00 pm

I'm going to be quietly sobbing myself to sleep tonight.
elevatorman
Take On Me

Postby Qbertqubes » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:12 am

we share owned music all the time on this site so this should be no different. Obviously it was recorded to be heard by fans so please share. I think he would not mind now that Dave is gone. It would be a nice dedication and if it is ever released, I will surely buy it. No use sitting in a vault to be heard by two people. Put up for one day if you want. Rich does not visit this site or his imput would have been seen. Free of charge so not issued here. why bring up that you have it otherwise, my friend? Thanks.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby eddie » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:02 am

If he puts it up for even five minutes it will be on youtube, numerous other sites and soulseek within the hour. The rules say discuss music they do not say anyone is obliged to share what they choose to discuss.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Rothgarr » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:24 am

I don't know Rich's current contact details. But yeah, he specifically asked me not to share it since so few people had it it would likely get traced back somehow. I have to respect his wishes. I think he did this long before torrent sites and YouTube were known for sharing so there was probably a little more trust back then.

I'll try get around to a "teaser" video with really short clips (10-15 seconds?) of each song. I don't think any harm could come from that and you could at least get a sense for the sound of the album.
Rothgarr
Running Up That Hill

Postby Qbertqubes » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:28 pm

No harm can come from posting the entire album. A teaser video does nothing than just that.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby eddie » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:12 am

You might just have to accept he is not willing to upload it. You're asking him to betray someone's trust. Anything that gets uploaded is reupped or copied and pasted to thousands of other places inside the hour but in this situation the only person accountable will be him.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby PaL » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:06 am

So then all of those songs are actually made just for Rothgarr's pleasure, since no one else will ever hear them.
PaL
Take On Me

PreviousNext

Return to Obscure 80s Central