Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Stabilizers Unreleased 2nd Album "Teasing Enrico"

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: Stabilizers Unreleased 2nd Album "Teasing Enrico"

Postby eddie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:10 am

I'll stay involved until you stop hounding him. You've all asked, he's given his answer with the reason. If anyone should leave it alone it's you.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Qbertqubes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Hey Rothgarr, can you share now ? Eddie wants a copy too.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby eddie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 pm

You'll be organising a march outside his home next. But before you go can you answer the question of what you would do in his situation?
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Bill » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:11 pm

Qbertqubes wrote:Eddie. again..it is not your problem as you do not know the artist or care about them. Why get involved?

The truth being Eddie cannot help himself,he loves to create drama. He has done this countless times at other places with the inevitable outcome being other sensible members get sick to the back teeth of him and his endless drama. He is a real drama queen.
Bill
Running Up That Hill

Postby eddie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Bill, how very lovely to see you back. I wondered how long you'd be. About two inches is my guess.

But while you're trying to find it to measure it can you please link to all those other places just for clarification for everyone.

Maybe you could also do some sharing as well. It would give you something to do in between attacking me. But please carry on doing that as it's saving me a fortune down the S&M club.
Last edited by eddie on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Danielwaver » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:54 pm

Guys, this presumably unreleased CD of unreleased material doesn't exist as confirmed by late Dave's wife. So stop fighting as you have been trolled big time. The only unreleased material from the time was the song "Maybe This Time" that ended up on If Looks Could Kill - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1991). Don't you find it interesting that the band wouldn't put such a great song into the "second unreleased CD"?
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Seona85 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:53 am

What's your source on that? It's really not that uncommon. A View to a Kill wasn't included on any mainline Duran Duran album as far as I recall. Don't You Forget About Me, same story.
Seona85
Take On Me

Postby Qbertqubes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:15 am

Daniel maybe right as it may not exist. Those other two Duran Duran and Simple minds tracks were part of soundtrack & probably protected by the label that they would not be put on a album so as to not hurt the soundtrack sales. I smell troll.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:47 am

Seona85 wrote:What's your source on that? It's really not that uncommon. A View to a Kill wasn't included on any mainline Duran Duran album as far as I recall. Don't You Forget About Me, same story.

Maybe somehow I remotely know Dave's wife? Maybe she had no idea about this unreleased BS? Moreover, this dude could have easily uploaded a 30 second sample of each track but he didn't, cause the songs don't exist. He also posts a cover for this "CD", a picture taken from a 7" release, which he wants to sell it to you as the Cd cover. However when he's called out on that, he says this was for his own use! If you can't smell the troll, then have your nose checked. Again the only unreleased material they had was the song "Maybe This Time" which I do recommend you folks to have a listen to it as it's quite good.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Glen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:52 pm

They definitely recorded a second album though according to this article they didn't finish mixing it. However, in the article it's mentioned that Rich Nevens hoped to get the rights and release it someday: http://www.goerie.com/entertainment/201 ... e-big-time. So, we know that they actually wrote and recorded the songs, just not if they were ever saved in any format.

As far as the Rothgarr post being legit, I have no idea and no way way verify or refute it. It would be a very odd, unproductive way to troll someone, but stranger things than that happen on the internet. Probably best to believe the music is actually out there and available when we actually hear it.
Glen
Personal Jesus

Postby Rothgarr » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:53 pm

Not sure if anyone is still interested. I got Rich Nevins' blessing to make the short clips public. You can hear them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeoCOf3q3PI
Stabilizers - Teasing Enrico

Enjoy
Rothgarr
Running Up That Hill

Postby crichert » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:20 pm

Wow, those snippets sounded fantastic!! Is there a plan to make this available for purchase on Bandcamp or iTunes, would love to purchase/hear the full album!

Thank you!!! :mrgreen:
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby LaidInRuins » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:23 pm

Rothgarr wrote:Not sure if anyone is still interested. I got Rich Nevins' blessing to make the short clips public. You can hear them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeoCOf3q3PI
Stabilizers - Teasing Enrico

Enjoy

Rothgar, you are legendary! Didn't doubt you had the goods for a minute :D And it does sound terrific! This probably deserves a dedicated post on the general just for his upload. Need to generate buzz. This great album has to see the light of day, and it's cool you're in contact with Rich. Just an idea, but maybe he could be persuaded to greenlight the full release if part of the Bandcamp proceeds went to cancer research, in honor of David? AOR forums would probably be interested in this release as well, especially considering it does seem Teasing Enrico went in that more rocky direction. Once again thank you! The light at the end of the tunnel for this piece of lost media is now visible!

:!: :!: :!:
LaidInRuins
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:14 am

"Teasing All Of Us"
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby elevatorman » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:09 am

Rothgarr, thank you for sharing! What a nice surprise.
elevatorman
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central