Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Rubellan Remasters Holiday Sale!

Rubellan Remasters Holiday Sale!

Postby Rubellan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:38 pm

Holiday Sale on now! I've had some people contact me disappointed to have missed out on the Black Friday sale, so I've decided to be festive and do a TWO WEEK holiday sale starting now! All prices reduced by at least $2. Spread the word and don't miss out on this additional opportunity to save on these limited edition releases at www.rubellanremasters.com

I've also just started using my Twitter account for those who don't do Facebook - https://twitter.com/rubellan
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: Rubellan Remasters Holiday Sale!

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:02 am

Nice to know. I may partake during this window. I've already bought birthday gifts from you, but I have needs too. Thanks for minimizing FB usage, too.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Bellenger1981 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:51 pm

Great to see Rubellan Remasters on Twitter! (since I don't use Facebook) I just followed you.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby swerve » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Sad news to learn that Scott is going to have to close up shop with Danielle Dax being his last reissue.

It's curious that labels significantly reduce the quantity guarantee a reissue label is on the hook for then makes it very difficult to get anywhere with the labels due to a few key people who can't be bothered with the contact at the reissue label.

If they don't want to deal with reissue labels like Scott then leave the minimum quantity at 10,000 to 20,000 units.

Although it was a lot of work back in the early 90's to do compilations and work with the majors it was never this bad.

Amalgamation of labels under the umbrellas of Sony / Universal / Warners seems to have made matters that much worse.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby AJWAVE » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:42 am

The UMG vice president, Eugene Zacharewicz is just a pile of shit!
Hold on Scott!
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby swerve » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:30 pm

I sent what could turn out to be an important e-mail to Scott at his Rubellan Remasters e-mail account. There may still be hope. I won't elaborate here. Scott, if he wishes, can elaborate if he wants to pursue this potential avenue.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby schwenko » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:30 am

swerve wrote:Sad news to learn that Scott is going to have to close up shop with Danielle Dax being his last reissue.

It's curious that labels significantly reduce the quantity guarantee a reissue label is on the hook for then makes it very difficult to get anywhere with the labels due to a few key people who can't be bothered with the contact at the reissue label.

If they don't want to deal with reissue labels like Scott then leave the minimum quantity at 10,000 to 20,000 units.

Although it was a lot of work back in the early 90's to do compilations and work with the majors it was never this bad.

Amalgamation of labels under the umbrellas of Sony / Universal / Warners seems to have made matters that much worse.

No good deed goes unpunished ! :(
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 am

swerve wrote:I sent what could turn out to be an important e-mail to Scott at his Rubellan Remasters e-mail account. There may still be hope. I won't elaborate here. Scott, if he wishes, can elaborate if he wants to pursue this potential avenue.

Sure, I'll share. I was put in touch with a VP in the Canada division of UMG who was in a similar position of the guy in the U.S. branch that has been the bottleneck. He asked me what the titles were that I've submitted over 2018 that hadn't gotten anywhere, many not even an acknowledgement. I sent him the full list last week and that's as far as it went. I have little expectation I will hear back but my days of trying to chase down these types is over.

I also just read on The Passions Facebook page that the Lene Lovich tour was cancelled. I wonder if my cancelling the Stateless 2 CD set that I had just about completed, due to public and private issues with the band member who didn't like the news of the release, played a part. There were a number of exchanges that even included the current owner of Lene's catalog so I'm sure there was a lot of back door drama that I didn't witness.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

Rubellan wrote:I also just read on The Passions Facebook page that the Lene Lovich tour was cancelled. I wonder if my cancelling the Stateless 2 CD set that I had just about completed, due to public and private issues with the band member who didn't like the news of the release, played a part. There were a number of exchanges that even included the current owner of Lene's catalog so I'm sure there was a lot of back door drama that I didn't witness.

I love Lene Lovich but her "team" seems to be neck deep in screwy. The money I blew on products never delivered has been the only burn I've ever gotten from an artist. With her re-emergence in the last several years, has anyone seen Les Chappel? Is he alive? Dead? Divorced? I see no mention of him at all and they were previously a tight pair.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:06 pm

What's the matter with Lene Lovich?
i'm get lost! :shock:
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Rubellan wrote:
swerve wrote:I sent what could turn out to be an important e-mail to Scott at his Rubellan Remasters e-mail account. There may still be hope. I won't elaborate here. Scott, if he wishes, can elaborate if he wants to pursue this potential avenue.

Sure, I'll share. I was put in touch with a VP in the Canada division of UMG who was in a similar position of the guy in the U.S. branch that has been the bottleneck. He asked me what the titles were that I've submitted over 2018 that hadn't gotten anywhere, many not even an acknowledgement. I sent him the full list last week and that's as far as it went. I have little expectation I will hear back but my days of trying to chase down these types is over.

I also just read on The Passions Facebook page that the Lene Lovich tour was cancelled. I wonder if my cancelling the Stateless 2 CD set that I had just about completed, due to public and private issues with the band member who didn't like the news of the release, played a part. There were a number of exchanges that even included the current owner of Lene's catalog so I'm sure there was a lot of back door drama that I didn't witness.

Keep the faith Scott...All the best vibes for you and all the hard work that you made!
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations