Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

heaven 17 play to win the virgin years

Re: heaven 17 play to win the virgin years

Postby humanracer » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:35 am

Which track is let me go repeated in place of? What is played instead of Potoker mix? Need to get a list of all errors
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:01 am

humanracer wrote:Which track is let me go repeated in place of? What is played instead of Potoker mix? Need to get a list of all errors

The John Potoker mix of Penthouse & Pavement is credited as being so in the booklet CD 8 track 1. I have no idea what mix is on this but i know the Potoker starts with the bass and this doesn't.Let Me Go (12'' Version) is exactly the same as the Endless version with the accapella at the beginning which i suppose isn't too much of a big deal still an error though.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:17 am

moni wrote:
humanracer wrote:Which track is let me go repeated in place of? What is played instead of Potoker mix? Need to get a list of all errors

The John Potoker mix of Penthouse & Pavement is credited as being so in the booklet CD 8 track 1. I have no idea what mix is on this but i know the Potoker starts with the bass and this doesn't.Let Me Go (12'' Version) is exactly the same as the Endless version with the accapella at the beginning which i suppose isn't too much of a big deal still an error though.

correct, the problem is the cassette mixes had different times, and were mixed together in
a different order.

the cd tracks are these:
=====================
https://www.discogs.com/Heaven-17-Endless/release/99880

Tracklist Show Credits
1 Heaven 17 Megamix 7:51
2 We Live So Fast 6:08
3 Penthouse & Pavement 6:34
4 Let Me Go 6:47
5 Temptation 4:40
6 Who'll Stop The Rain 6:07
7 (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang 4:15
8 Let's All Make A Bomb (New Version) 5:09
9 Counterforce 2:59
10 Crushed By The Wheels Of Industry 5:57
11 And That's No Lie 6:00
12 Sunset Now 5:17
Total Time: 1:07:44

The cassette tracks are these:
https://www.discogs.com/Heaven-17-Endle ... ase/376777

Tracklist Show Credits
A1 Heaven 17 Megamix 8:25 (longer)
A2 We Live So Fast 6:00
A3 Penthouse And Pavement 6:34
A4 Let Me Go 6:16 (shorter)
A5 Temptation 4:41
A6 Who'll Stop The Rain 6:11
A7 Play To Win 5:02 (shorter than original)

B1 (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang 4:17
B2 The Height Of The Fighting (He-La-Hu) 3:06
B3 I'm Your Money 5:04
B4 Let's All Make A Bomb (New Version) 5:07

B5 Song With No Name (New Version) 4:11

B6 Counterforce 3:03
B7 Crushed By The Wheels Of Industry 6:18 (longer)
B8 And That's No Lie 6:08
B9 Sunset Now 5:22
Total Time: 1:25:45

So, they used the wrong ones for endless.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:08 am

Just checked and the Potoker mix of Penthouse & Pavement on this is in fact the album version.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:06 pm

Surprised no one's left any reviews on Amazon yet. I haven't ordered mine knowing there'd be screw ups. I think it's a given now that when Edsel decide to do a mammoth boxset for an artist you should expect a list of errors resulting in bad audio, replacement discs and faulty dvds. I'm going to stick with my 2006 remasters for now till all this gets sorted out. Just look at how many people got cheated out of the Dead Or Alive set?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:11 pm

omar wrote:Surprised no one's left any reviews on Amazon yet. I haven't ordered mine knowing there'd be screw ups. I think it's a given now that when Edsel decide to do a mammoth boxset for an artist you should expect a list of errors resulting in bad audio, replacement discs and faulty dvds. I'm going to stick with my 2006 remasters for now till all this gets sorted out. Just look at how many people got cheated out of the Dead Or Alive set?

Release of boxset (CD and vinyl) is postponed until 12th of april. At least in my country. Think they have some 'work to do' ...

Also I will stick to my 3 2006 remasters until I hear some good news from this Edsel set.
Did some (inferior?) copies slipped through quality control then ?! I don't think anyone got this already ?!
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:36 am

If they re-do the discs, as seems inevitable, maybe they can also give us a download or something of the missing We Live So Fast single mix.
There's also an alternative mix of the single version of Height Of The Fighting; the original 12" vinyl mix is the same one as on the 3"CD single of Fascist Groove Thang, but there's a subtly different version around too; I'm not sure where it came from, possibly the Higher And Higher best of CD (which I don't have).
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:08 am

We’ve been made aware of errors on the Heaven 17 ‘Play To Win’ CD box set. These errors affect discs 3, 4, 7 and 8 where mixes supplied have been incorrectly labelled. Apologies for the errors, but we will be replacing these 4 discs.....

Please contact info@demonmusicgroup.co.uk with your proof of purchase, and delivery address and we will replace these 4 discs. The time frame for replacing the discs will be around 4-6 weeks.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Gary Russell » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:11 am

BigManRestless wrote:If they re-do the discs, as seems inevitable, maybe they can also give us a download or something of the missing We Live So Fast single mix.
There's also an alternative mix of the single version of Height Of The Fighting; the original 12" vinyl mix is the same one as on the 3"CD single of Fascist Groove Thang, but there's a subtly different version around too; I'm not sure where it came from, possibly the Higher And Higher best of CD (which I don't have).

More importantly, they ought to shove the 7" version of Are Everything on somewhere
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby ZippY » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:27 am

humanracer wrote:We’ve been made aware of errors on the Heaven 17 ‘Play To Win’ CD box set. These errors affect discs 3, 4, 7 and 8 where mixes supplied have been incorrectly labelled. Apologies for the errors, but we will be replacing these 4 discs.....

Please contact info@demonmusicgroup.co.uk with your proof of purchase, and delivery address and we will replace these 4 discs. The time frame for replacing the discs will be around 4-6 weeks.

And, just like with the Dead Or Alive-boxsets, the next question will be: when will we learn that it's safe to purchase a copy of the 'corrected' box set ?! (if people don't dig up more errors that is).
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby rewind » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 am

Gary Russell wrote:
More importantly, they ought to shove the 7" version of Are Everything on somewhere

Yes, that is a strange omission. At least it's available digitally.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby ApolloZero » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:42 pm

A message from Demon :

“We’ve been made aware of errors on @heaven17bef 17 ‘Play To Win’ CD box set, affecting discs 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9. We will replace these 5 discs. Please contact info@demonmusicgroup.co.uk with proof of purchase, delivery address, we’ll replace all affected discs in 4-6 weeks.”

Counterforce appears again instead of Counterforce II on CD3 and on CD4 instead of the listed Contenders US 7" Edit
Let Me Go (Endless mix) is repeated in place of Let Me Go 12"
Penthouse & Pavement (album version) is repeated in place of Potoker mix
ApolloZero
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Is Edsel going to actually send people the “corrected “ discs or a single cd or cdr of all the fixed tracks? Remember those Aztec Camera & Thompson Twins ones?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:33 am

omar wrote:Is Edsel going to actually send people the “corrected “ discs or a single cd or cdr of all the fixed tracks? Remember those Aztec Camera & Thompson Twins ones?

why would they send people a single disc. that would make no sense.

of course they're going to send out multiple discs,it doesn't cost much to make those, its just the shipping.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Just thought if they’re trying to be cost effective for some silly reason, even though cds r cheap to make. I remember being sent a cdr from Edsel for the Thompson Twins “Into The Gap” for the corrected versions. There was an issue with sound on some tracks.
omar
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations