Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

heaven 17 play to win the virgin years

Re: heaven 17 play to win the virgin years

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:08 pm

omar wrote:Just thought if they’re trying to be cost effective for some silly reason, even though cds r cheap to make. I remember being sent a cdr from Edsel for the Thompson Twins “Into The Gap” for the corrected versions. There was an issue with sound on some tracks.

That's weird I had the defective thompson twins one too but they sent an actual cd to replace the entire 2nd disc, not a cdr of the corrected tracks
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:57 am

Fred Taghon wrote:
omar wrote:Just thought if they’re trying to be cost effective for some silly reason, even though cds r cheap to make. I remember being sent a cdr from Edsel for the Thompson Twins “Into The Gap” for the corrected versions. There was an issue with sound on some tracks.

That's weird I had the defective thompson twins one too but they sent an actual cd to replace the entire 2nd disc, not a cdr of the corrected tracks

Ok my mistake. I got sent the actual corrected TT cd as well. It was the Aztec Camera "Love" Bonus Disc Catalogue no: EDSK 7015 which was a CDr.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Moribund » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Sunset Now Extended missing 10-15 seconds of fade-in, compared to version on 2006 How Men Are.
Moribund
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:16 pm

a fun look at the group checking out the boxset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB_qgAFXxJw

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:28 pm

That video I think is a month old. I’m sure Glenn & Martin aren’t aware of the errors on the discs.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:20 am

omar wrote:That video I think is a month old. I’m sure Glenn & Martin aren’t aware of the errors on the discs.

even if they were, what difference would it make.

they're not in charge of fixing them.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:49 am

Was Trouble (US Club Mix) supposed to end abruptly at the very end? Was that on the original 12" too?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:11 am

omar wrote:Was Trouble (US Club Mix) supposed to end abruptly at the very end? Was that on the original 12" too?

That ending was always a weird story with computer drums and windchimes. If the total timing is 6:45 minutes at your end, then it's okay because that's the real length of that mix. :)

(Big) Trouble, which is basically the Extended Mix (5:50min.), has a different ending without the beats but with a rare guitar ending.
Last edited by ZippY on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Got it thanks. I have a digital version which times in at 6:44min. But was wondering if the ending was a mastering flaw or not? Does anyone know how it is on the new box set?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Moribund » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:01 pm

ApolloZero wrote:A message from Demon :

“We’ve been made aware of errors on @heaven17bef 17 ‘Play To Win’ CD box set, affecting discs 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9. We will replace these 5 discs. Please contact info@demonmusicgroup.co.uk with proof of purchase, delivery address, we’ll replace all affected discs in 4-6 weeks.”

Counterforce appears again instead of Counterforce II on CD3 and on CD4 instead of the listed Contenders US 7" Edit
Let Me Go (Endless mix) is repeated in place of Let Me Go 12"
Penthouse & Pavement (album version) is repeated in place of Potoker mix

Errors listed above involve CD3, CD4, CD7, and CD8. What's the error on CD9?

Also, did that "Echo" snippet make it on the set?
Moribund
Take On Me

Postby moni » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:35 am

CD9: Special Fortified Dance Mixes To Enhance Danceability #3
Track 5. We Live So Fast (Extended Version) – The “Endless” version has been used which begins with a drum beat from the preceding Megamix and then the beat gradually speeds up to reach the speed of the main track. (The original Extended version starts at the correct speed).”
moni
Room at the Top

Postby drivel » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 am

CD7: Special Fortified Dance Mixes To Enhance Danceability #1
Track 05 ‘Let Me Go’ (12" Version) - taken from Endless, including extra acapella vocals at start of track
Track 07 ‘Who’ll Stop the Rain’ (12" Version] - taken from Endless, fade-out does not match original 12"
Track 10 ‘Sunset Now’ (Extended Version) - taken from Endless, missing (approx. 15 sec) original intro fade-in
drivel
Take On Me

Postby Tekkrokk » Thu May 02, 2019 6:14 am

Has anyone heard back from Edsel/Demon Music Group on when the replacement discs will be sent? I emailed them in early April (with invoice attached) and other than an automated email promising to respond in 10 working days, I have not received any reply. Considering the cost for this boxset, I was expecting at least a confirmation that I would receive the replacement discs when ready.
Tekkrokk
Switchin' to Glide

Postby omar » Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 am

Tekkrokk wrote:Has anyone heard back from Edsel/Demon Music Group on when the replacement discs will be sent? I emailed them in early April (with invoice attached) and other than an automated email promising to respond in 10 working days, I have not received any reply. Considering the cost for this boxset, I was expecting at least a confirmation that I would receive the replacement discs when ready.

I remember that they sent out the Dead Or Alive replacements discs fairly quickly back in 2016.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Fri May 03, 2019 12:40 am

Indeed that's more than a month now since i contacted them and no updates. Interestingly Martyn Ware was on a radio program the other week there discussing his career with the HL +B.E.F. and H17 and even though they played the Endless version of Let Me Go not once did he mention this box set.
moni
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations