Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

heaven 17 play to win the virgin years

Re: heaven 17 play to win the virgin years

Postby ZippY » Mon May 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Tekkrokk wrote:Has anyone heard back from Edsel/Demon Music Group on when the replacement discs will be sent? I emailed them in early April (with invoice attached) and other than an automated email promising to respond in 10 working days, I have not received any reply. Considering the cost for this boxset, I was expecting at least a confirmation that I would receive the replacement discs when ready.

Today I received this email:

Hello,

Apologies for the delay. We anticipate replacement discs will be in in another week or so. Please bear with us and you will be notified once the replacements are sent.

Thanks for your patience.

DMG

We'll have to wait for another week, probably more ...
When I hear more, I'll come back here.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby moni » Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 am

Replacement discs sent out today.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Wed May 22, 2019 9:09 am

moni wrote:Replacement discs sent out today.

I haven't heard anything from them except for the automated reply from over a month ago which stated that they've received my email and that replacement discs will be sent out once ready . Fingers crossed!
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Gary Russell » Fri May 24, 2019 3:07 am

Mine have just arrived. Not played 'em yet to check they're okay...

Okay so...

Disc 3: Counterforce II is there

Disc 4: US Edit of Contenders is there (nice version, too)

Disc 7: I'm simply not au fait enough with the mixes to know if they are corrected but I think so. Let Me Go, Who'll Stop the Rain and Sunset Now are all different lengths to the original pressings so it looks like it, but it needs a bigger expert than I to confirm

Disc 8: Potoker Endless version is there

Disc 9: We Live So Fast - proper 12" now, not the Endless version
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby petersanwillied » Fri May 24, 2019 6:07 am

I hope to down rate of the price
petersanwillied
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ZippY » Sat May 25, 2019 12:47 pm

Gary Russell wrote:Mine have just arrived. Not played 'em yet to check they're okay...

Okay so...

Disc 3: Counterforce II is there

Disc 4: US Edit of Contenders is there (nice version, too)

Disc 7: I'm simply not au fait enough with the mixes to know if they are corrected but I think so. Let Me Go, Who'll Stop the Rain and Sunset Now are all different lengths to the original pressings so it looks like it, but it needs a bigger expert than I to confirm

Disc 8: Potoker Endless version is there

Disc 9: We Live So Fast - proper 12" now, not the Endless version

My question for now is: How do people know if they'll buy an error-free boxset with the 5 replacement discs in the future? We can help them by giving them the (new) disc reference numbers of all 5 discs. I still have to wait for mine, so maybe you (or someone else who already have them) can post them here?
Or, and this is worst case scenario, do the new disc reference numbers correspont with the old discs?

Thanks anyway.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Gary Russell » Sun May 26, 2019 4:54 pm

Hey ZippY

The onbodies are identical but the matix number around the centre of the playing side have changed.

The original discs were all NORA19N 3546 - followed by 7 if it was Disc 7, 4 if it was disc 4 etc

The new ones all carry a matrix number reading HEAVEN17REWORK DISC folowed by the relevant number, ie 3, 7 etc
Gary Russell
Take On Me

Postby ZippY » Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 am

Gary Russell wrote:Hey ZippY

The onbodies are identical but the matix number around the centre of the playing side have changed.

The original discs were all NORA19N 3546 - followed by 7 if it was Disc 7, 4 if it was disc 4 etc

The new ones all carry a matrix number reading HEAVEN17REWORK DISC folowed by the relevant number, ie 3, 7 etc

We finally have something to determine which discs are old and which are the corrected ones. Many Thanks Gary Russell :D :)
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Tue May 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Got my replacement discs today too. . It all sounds good so far, and this is what i've noticed....

1. Sunset Now (12') (5:27) (exactly the same as the 2006 remaster)
2. Let Me Go (12") (6:21)
3. Let Me Go (Endless Version) (6:52) (this version is the complete unsegued mix)
4. Contenders (US 7") (3:00) (decent vinyl rip it seems)
5. Play (12") (8:29) (an average vinyl rip, a little muffled at the beginning)
6. Penthouse & Pavement (Potoker Remix) (6:34) (seems like it's better than the original 12")
7. Who'll Stop The Rain (12") (6:13) (this is the full length version. The 2006 remaster fades out a few seconds earlier at the end)
8. Counterforce 1 & 2 are both here .
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Moribund » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:23 pm

So... What did you all do with your original discs once you got your replacements? Throw them out? Sell them to the unexpecting? Give them to people who don't care about the errors as much as we do? Save them as some sort of errored collectors' item (not that they would ever achieve the value of that stamp with the upside down airplane)?
Moribund
Take On Me

Postby omar » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Still got the original discs. No, i'd never shell them to the unsuspecting...
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Moribund » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:52 am

Whoops, didn't mean to suggest that I would actually do that; I would not. I was merely listing things that one could do, not necessarily things that I was considering doing myself.
Moribund
Take On Me

Postby BigManRestless » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 pm

I was waiting for the replacement discs before starting playing the whole set. Unfortunately the first disc also has errors on it. I'm Your Money and The Height Of The Fighting (He-La-Hu) are not the original single mixes. I don't where these mixes originated from, but it's bloody annoying that whoever put this together didn't know what they were doing.
The proper single mix of The Height Of The Fighting is the one on the 3" cd of Fascist Groove Thang.

So this misses off the proper single versions I'm Your Money, Are Everything, Height Of The Fighting and We Live So Fast.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:23 pm

BigManRestless wrote:I was waiting for the replacement discs before starting playing the whole set. Unfortunately the first disc also has errors on it. I'm Your Money and The Height Of The Fighting (He-La-Hu) are not the original single mixes. I don't where these mixes originated from, but it's bloody annoying that whoever put this together didn't know what they were doing.
The proper single mix of The Height Of The Fighting is the one on the 3" cd of Fascist Groove Thang.

So this misses off the proper single versions I'm Your Money, Are Everything, Height Of The Fighting and We Live So Fast.

isn't the Height Of Fighting (12") also on the so80s presents Heaven 17 cd?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Gary Russell » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:57 pm

BigManRestless wrote:I was waiting for the replacement discs before starting playing the whole set. Unfortunately the first disc also has errors on it. I'm Your Money and The Height Of The Fighting (He-La-Hu) are not the original single mixes. I don't where these mixes originated from, but it's bloody annoying that whoever put this together didn't know what they were doing.

Someone somewhere (maybe not on here, maybe on SDE) suggested that HotF was the mix from Higher and Higher
Gary Russell
Take On Me

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations