Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

REQ: Howard Jones - Transform (2cd edition)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

REQ: Howard Jones - Transform (2cd edition)

Postby tippywooder » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:42 am

Hello there!

Does anyone have the five extra tracks from the 2cd edition of Howard Jones latest album, that they'd be willing to share?

I believe there are four 12" mixes plus a track called Level View Chill.

Would be much appreciated, thank you. I got the vinyl, not the 'media book' edition...
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Re: REQ: Howard Jones - Transform (2cd edition)

Postby eddie » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:36 am

From the main page:

"requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed. "
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:35 am

Maybe you cand find those tracks on itunes, deezer or spotify or buy a cheap copy on ebay.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby tippywooder » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:35 am

I've searched iTunes etc and can't find them.

And point taken, Eddie, for requesting. Just thought as they were on a limited edition they could be considered as within limits.
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby moni » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 am

£15 for a CD with just 5 songs is taking the piss.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

It's an extension of something a promoter said in a BBC documentary last year. Artists have lost so much revenue from casual cd sales that they are trying to recoup it from over-inflated gig ticket prices, VIP conveyer belt meet and greets and deluxe this, that, another. In a way you can't blame them but you can blame the industry for assuming that revenue would always be there in the face of increasing competition from games, movies, tv even mobile phones.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby tippywooder » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 am

Personally, I always buy the vinyl edition of whatever music I'm buying - which means I 'miss out' on these bonus tracks etc.
In these economically difficult times for all (well, most), I can't justify buying a second version of something I already have paid for.
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby tippywooder » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:44 am

And, to add to that, I don't blame artists for trying to leverage new ways of gaining income. However, I recently went to a gig by a pretty big band who've been in the public eye for 25 years (and a little bit more) and the t-shirts were £45. That, to me, is taking advantage of good-will towards your 'brand'.
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:07 am

I believe it you are then going to buy one version of the album which I think is the only option that makes sense. make it a good one & the best version. Make it the one you get the most tracks, more compact, last the longest without scratching, easy to play in the car etc...to me there is only one option.,..CD (deluxe). All other formats are inferior. Why elect to ignore bonus tracks that you know you are going to want. Why buy a chopstick when the fork was invented.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby tippywooder » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:41 am

I 'get' what you're saying, Qbertqubes, but vinyl has been my format of choice for 40 years and I really don't like CDs - I've actually had some degrade over the years, and become unplayable.
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Qbertqubes » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:31 pm

My first CD was Icehouse Man of Colours & I was hooked just on the fact that bonus tracks were added. That was it for me. I never had an original CD go on me. I could not have storage for all the records anyway & cleaning them was a hassle & then you got to get up & turn them over & then keep them in cool dry place an even replace the needle. I done that many years ago & do not mind CDs. They have too many benefits.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby tippywooder » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:00 am

Anyone out there got these five tracks? I can trade for files of Howard Jones live stuff - Friars 1984, A+ quality is particularly good...
tippywooder
Switchin' to Glide

Postby eddie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:14 pm

tippywooder wrote:I can trade for files of Howard Jones live stuff - Friars 1984, A+ quality is particularly good...

Careful you'll have the two posting police on your case.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:31 pm

tippywooder wrote:Anyone out there got these five tracks? I can trade for files of Howard Jones live stuff - Friars 1984, A+ quality is particularly good...

I don't blame you for not wanting to spend £25 on this but it's widely available to buy and requesting it on here is a bit silly considering the rules concerning this forum.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:09 pm

moni wrote:
tippywooder wrote:Anyone out there got these five tracks? I can trade for files of Howard Jones live stuff - Friars 1984, A+ quality is particularly good...

I don't blame you for not wanting to spend £25 on this but it's widely available to buy and requesting it on here is a bit silly considering the rules concerning this forum.

I absolutely agree with you but the rules aren't enforced. Otherwise they wouldn't have been broken over 35+ volumes of "digital80's' upped by swerve the facts.
eddie
The Jet Set

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central