Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Re-Flex "The Politics Of Dancing" 2 CD Expanded Re-Issue

Re: Re-Flex "The Politics Of Dancing" 2 CD Expanded Re-Issue

Postby Surly » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:04 pm

I'm pleased with the reissue as well. I just wish the 7" mix of "Hurt" had been included! One of my favorite singles of 1984.
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Fred Taghon wrote:Still not sure why the one version of the title track is called the US 7" version, because my 7" is the shorter one that appears on most 80s compliations.

You are correct. It is not the 7" version but an unreleased longer version. Even the U.K. 7" version is not this long. Again, this is what happens when proper research is not done.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Surly wrote:I'm pleased with the reissue as well. I just wish the 7" mix of "Hurt" had been included! One of my favorite singles of 1984.

I agree! The U.S. 7" mix cannot be re-created from the 12" mix either due to unique parts featured only in the 7". Another missed opportunity.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Funeral Pyre » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:52 am

The Politics of Dancing US 7'' Version and 12'' Extended Mix seem to be taken from a used vinyl. I can hear pops/heavy hiss throughout the songs. Possibly more tracts were taken from old Vinyl as well ( have not heard everything yet). Glad I didn't pay anything for this garbage of a release.
Funeral Pyre
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ZippY » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 am

Funeral Pyre wrote:The Politics of Dancing US 7'' Version and 12'' Extended Mix seem to be taken from a used vinyl. I can hear pops/heavy hiss throughout the songs. Possibly more tracts were taken from old Vinyl as well ( have not heard everything yet). Glad I didn't pay anything for this garbage of a release.

Which version of the 2CD Expanded Edition do you have? Is it WCRPOPD192 from 2018 or is it WCRPOPD211 from 2019 with a slightly different tracklist? I have the 2019 version and mine seems fine. The only thing that still bothers me is the fact that Track 2-10 is missing the first two seconds which appear at the end of track 2-09! Hopefully this 'master-error' will be corrected in the near future.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations