Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Wang Chung Expanded Reissues

Re: Wang Chung Expanded Reissues

Postby negative1 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:51 am

From vinny vero:
https://twitter.com/vinnyvero/status/11 ... 8075692032

@vinnyvero
May 23

Tape research 4 deluxe ed of "Huang Chung" nearly done. Tapes need 2 be baked b4 they're digitally xferred. Then mastering will begin using the original master tapes, of which none have been touched by human hands 4 nearly 40 years.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby drivel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:44 am

...the first set of the deluxe edition reissues by the band (“Huang Chung” , “Points On The Curve”, and “Music From The Motion Picture ‘To Live And Die In L.A.’”) now scheduled for March/April 2020.
drivel
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:20 am

drivel wrote:...the first set of the deluxe edition reissues by the band (“Huang Chung” , “Points On The Curve”, and “Music From The Motion Picture ‘To Live And Die In L.A.’”) now scheduled for March/April 2020.

Hmm. Jack Hues' solo album "Primitif," is to be released March 20th, 2020. https://jackhues.bandcamp.com It seems unlikely that the WC DLX RMs would be competing for oxygen with that at the same time. Where has this news been cited?
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby moni » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:12 am

drivel wrote:...the first set of the deluxe edition reissues by the band (“Huang Chung” , “Points On The Curve”, and “Music From The Motion Picture ‘To Live And Die In L.A.’”) now scheduled for March/April 2020.

Nothing recent about these on facebook or twitter from Vinny. Last time i asked he said Feb 2020 so i have no idea where you got that information from.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby drivel » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:48 am

moni wrote:

Nothing recent about these on facebook or twitter from Vinny. Last time i asked he said Feb 2020 so i have no idea where you got that information from.

Here is the full text from Facebook:

Vinny Vero
26 November 2019

Well, it has been a little more than 18 months since I first began developing the brand new, official website for Wang Chung and it has finally been launched.

The new website ties in with “Primitif”, the forthcoming solo album by Jack Hues, previewed last week by the first track “Whitstable Beach”.

Also, the site launch coincides with the first set of the deluxe edition reissues by the band (“Huang Chung” , “Points On The Curve”, and “Music From The Motion Picture ‘To Live And Die In L.A.’”) now scheduled for March/April 2020.

Plus, it’s part of the band’s 40th anniversary celebration which will continue with special releases through 2021. Over the next week or so, all of the band’s social media accounts will begin to reflect the website’s new design, as well.

Visit the band at www.wangchung.com.
drivel
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:59 pm

March is what I heard also.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:09 pm

The guy has been banging on about Living In A Box reissues for ages as well and no sign of them either. Maybe it would be a good idea to wait until these products have definite release dates before announcing them.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:32 am

moni wrote:The guy has been banging on about Living In A Box reissues for ages as well and no sign of them either. Maybe it would be a good idea to wait until these products have definite release dates before announcing them.

there's no sign of the living in a box reissues, yet, but there will be.

as far as wang chung goes, there's been plenty of announcements.

whats the rush, its not like you need them right now or anything.
it takes time to do things right, and there are always issues and
things going on that can delay projects, that you have no idea
about.

the fact is they are being worked on, and will come out.

if you can't wait, thats your loss.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 am

Once VV gets clearance [which is down to the labels reaching an agreement for his track listing] then he has to:
a) request/source the tapes
b) restore/remaster them
c) plan the design of the package
d) did new tracks come to light during the master research process? If they can be added then we go back to clearance and start again.
e) source any images needed
f) coordinate the design with the designer
g) edit the liner notes
h) get any annotation from the artists/engineers/producers/managers
i) edit the annotation
j) format/handoff the files for glass mastering
k) handoff the mechanical artwork
l) open the hype tap

Throughout all of this lengthy process he tries to trickle out hype at the right places and times to build buzz without being too far in advance. A delicate line to walk. Keeping in mind that he probably has a half dozen projects in the air to keep juggling. But the label ultimately decides the release date according to their roster. Even they can change schedules once a project is in the queue when circumstances change. Better to wait and have things that are correct than rushed and full of edselflaws. [I just coined a word there…]
Last edited by postpunkmonk on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby negative1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:17 am

well said, mr monk,

a lot of people think that groups and distributors
just magically have tons of products sitting around.

or that things will just appear if fans keep demanding it,
when they want.

thats not how things work in reality.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am

This is exactly why I don't post about things too far in advance, you never know what delays can happen. And I get enough grief from overseas customers about shipping, as if it's somehow my fault. I certainly don't want to give them further reason to bitch. That being said, once I get full clearance I'm off and running! I request tapes and start the artwork, eager to get the digitized audio so I can start working on that. So for me, things usually move pretty quickly once clearance is received. Considering VV has been teasing these releases for quite a while, clearance must have been received ages ago. I don't have any of the big projects he's worked on before for CR so I don't know if he is the one who designs and creates all the artwork in addition to the remastering. And while I won't be partaking in these releases once available, I hope they are everything the fans have been hoping for. It sounds like a rather ambitious project.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby magnum » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:53 am

Would love to hear the demos from "points on the curve" especially dance hall days to see how the song was evolving from huang chung 1982 version to 1983/84 wang chung final version,
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby Glenn » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:42 pm

Any update on these being released?
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby Uvox » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:52 am

No sign of those on Cherry Red site, Amazon UK or elsewhere.
Large pirate\ torrent sites don't quote those too))
Cancelled?
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:53 am

I think there has been a perfect storm of issues draining momentum from the campaign. Covid-19 [which affects remastering as well as everything else] adding a very active Jack Hues solo career [two albums already]. Plus the "Orchesography" album project that happened as soon as the campaign got underway distracted the band, understandably. Then both Jack and Nick lost their fathers in the same period. It's been like watching dominos fall. Hopefully, one day it will be announced. I keep watching my Cherry Red email.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations