Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

More Visage CD reissues?

Re: More Visage CD reissues?

Postby negative1 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:24 pm

FanFan wrote:Just another note of support for the fine Rubellan brand — plus some outrage over Midge Ure inspiring some of his more idiotic social-media followers to doubt the legitimacy of this release. The singer went on Twitter to note that he had "no idea" about the new "Singles Collection" release. Scott was impressively restrained in noting that Midge had already expressed his disinterest in knowing anything about his Visage reissues.

and yet he called it 'interesting', so its not that negative.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 am

Update on orders:
From a batch of 72 shipped today, order number 1193 was the last. 402 orders received through website since Wednesday night, 222 left to process at the moment. Thanks for your continued patience.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:20 am

Ordered my copies of Visage and Ric Ocasek last night - thanks Scott, excited to hear them!!

Rubellan wrote:Update on orders:
From a batch of 72 shipped today, order number 1193 was the last. 402 orders received through website since Wednesday night, 222 left to process at the moment. Thanks for your continued patience.
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:04 pm

well done Scott and glad to see Rusty has gave you his blessing.

At the end of the day Midge or Rusty could have done it themselves. It would just meant parting with their hard earned cash...

By the way do you have to pay to get tape listings for artists. I guess it would be nice to see what is in the archives for bands like ABC or King for example. It seems your Visage product turned up some items that weren't on your radar.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby telekon3 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:30 pm

I just received my copies of Visage / Fade To Grey: Special Dance Mix Album
and Ric Ocasek / Beatitude.
Excellent CDs as usual.
Thanks for sharing your expertise with us
on all of your releases.
I look forward to future releases.

Check these out
http://www.rubellanremasters.com
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:25 am

telekon3 wrote:I just received my copies of Visage / Fade To Grey: Special Dance Mix Album
and Ric Ocasek / Beatitude.
Excellent CDs as usual.
Thanks for sharing your expertise with us
on all of your releases.
I look forward to future releases.

Check these out
http://www.rubellanremasters.com

Thank you, happy you are enjoying them. I hope to be caught up by the end of the week.

And just when it appeared Rusty Egan was at peace with the reissues, he posts this last night on his Facebook page and made sure to tag me. Why do I assume he had a drink in hand?:

Rusty Egan
Yesterday at 12:05 AM ·
No input from Rubellan Remasters No sleeve notes and somehow it's still a quality record. If UMG had not licenced our previous work I am sure we know how to make quality records and with Barry Grint we could have mastered it as well. Don't expect me to pat you on the back for doing what we are capable of doing ourselves and then be insulted when I don't show you my appreciation. You don't seem to understand Steve Pafford we would never have consulted you if UMG had agreed to a 40th anniversary remaster how dare you provoke me into some sort of I TOLD YOU SO.
You have contributed zero as far as I am concerned. I don't care about sales I care about being left out of the creative process.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby drivel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:19 am

You tried your best Scott! But anything Visage related seems to trigger Rusty's (somewhat warranted) negative emotions regarding the band he co-founded.
drivel
Take On Me

Postby BigManRestless » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 am

Another thumbs up for the remastering though. The Anvil has never sounded so good, all the previous CD issues I've heard have been muddy, this version really brings it to life again.

Also really like the previously unreleased mix of We Move, that's going to be my go-to version from now on I think.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby discoginfo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:47 am

I believe We Move was supposed to be a single in its own right?
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby jaybag » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Holy smokes - I need to check this site more often. I didn't realize I was FOUR releases behind on my RR collection. Just ordered everything from Ric Ocasek forward, Scott. And take your time on the shipping, I know the demand is high!!
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:24 pm

Got the anvil and dance mix cd on wednesday in the uk love the look of them and look forward to playing them. Also thought the courier was good and provided lots of regular updates. Saw rusty egans response on facebook seems very bitter about the band and the contractual side.however totally agree with scott he could have quiteceasily invested in getting this project done as well or at least had some involvement. Seems a lot of artistshad bad contracts from that era and make more money on the live circuit now than they did with their records
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:37 am

thunderbird2 wrote:Seems a lot of artistshad bad contracts from that era and make more money on the live circuit now than they did with their records

Well, Rusty was the one who got himself in trouble, choosing to change management in 1982 from Morrison-O'Donnell to his Metropolis company with J-P Illiesco. He recognizes this (as did Steve Strange, who wrote that it was one of the biggest mistakes of his life), but nothing can be done now.

I get his stance on reissues, though seeing as how he couldn't get the rights to reissue Visage albums he should've maybe endorsed these CDs. Still, he's often in two minds about all of this, so we don't really know his opinion, do we? Rusty's a complicated and temperamental man and should be accepted as such.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:05 am

jaybag wrote:Holy smokes - I need to check this site more often. I didn't realize I was FOUR releases behind on my RR collection. Just ordered everything from Ric Ocasek forward, Scott. And take your time on the shipping, I know the demand is high!!

Yeah, that'll teach you! ;-) Hope you enjoy the new releases and hopefully much more to come.

I've just found out it appears the Futurismo label have called it a day. That's a shame, he had a real passion for making his releases very unique. Here's hoping I'm able to keep going for a while longer myself.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 pm

I've read somewhere else that Berlin's "Love life" is in the pipeline? Is that right? When can we expect it to appear?
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby oldwaver2 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:59 am

Whoa Comrade,

Let Rubellan finish his cigarette and bask in the afterglow from his newly released CDs.
In the meantime listen to track 4 of Construction Time Again.
oldwaver2
Take On Me

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations