Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

BERLIN Love Life CD reissue with bonus tracks now available

BERLIN Love Life CD reissue with bonus tracks now available

Postby Rubellan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:04 am

The new remaster from original master tapes is now available for purchase at: https://www.rubellanremasters.com/online-store
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: BERLIN Love Life CD reissue with bonus tracks now availa

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:40 am

What a release schedule you've had in the last three months! I guess when it rains, it pours? Well, now is definitely the time to make moves on a CD of this album. It'll not be bettered in sound or content unless society is miraculously transformed, somehow. I've always liked it [2nd fave Berlin] and still have a copy or two of the LP but have not heard it in 35 years or so. I'll get one sometime after my UK trip, which is in a week [gulp!].
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Glenn » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Just ordered Love Life along with the recent Ric Ocasek Beatitude reissue. Looking forward to these. Posted the info to SDE.com ('get in touch' page) and sent a note to Matt at SUE. Keep up the great work!
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby telekon3 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:27 am

Ordered BERLIN Love Life CD reissue with bonus tracks.
I can't wait to listen to this one.
Thanks for the quick turn-around on the processing.
I look forward to future releases.
Thanks for all of your great releases.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:23 am

Of course - I just recently bought a German "target" cd release of "Love Life" which is one of my favorite 80's albums lol. I also have the Japan "Dancing In Berlin" remix cd but I think I will still go ahead and pick this one up out of curiosity. And the price is beyond reasonable!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:38 am

Fred Taghon wrote:Of course - I just recently bought a German "target" cd release of "Love Life" which is one of my favorite 80's albums lol. I also have the Japan "Dancing In Berlin" remix cd but I think I will still go ahead and pick this one up out of curiosity. And the price is beyond reasonable!

This mastering will be better. The Targets are flat masters for LP.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:40 am

postpunkmonk wrote:
Fred Taghon wrote:Of course - I just recently bought a German "target" cd release of "Love Life" which is one of my favorite 80's albums lol. I also have the Japan "Dancing In Berlin" remix cd but I think I will still go ahead and pick this one up out of curiosity. And the price is beyond reasonable!

This mastering will be better. The Targets are flat masters for LP.

Oh I'm sure it will be a big improvement! Just ordered my copy. Scott has built up a very good reputation here so I know I'll be pleased. I'm happy to finally be able to help support his endeavors :D

BTW just an odd comment, but I've always felt "When We Make Love" and Depeche Mode's "World In My Eyes" are the 2 best album intros ever!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby telekon3 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Thank you.
I received my copy in the mail yesterday.
Ultra-quick processing.
Another great release.
Cherry-Red Who?
Thanks again.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:15 pm

I got mine yesterday and yes, it's awesome. Well done once again Scott. Already looking forward to Pleasure Victim.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:42 am

Sean wrote:I got mine yesterday and yes, it's awesome. Well done once again Scott. Already looking forward to Pleasure Victim.

Is that in the pipeline as well?
The other day I was asking myself if there is a 7 inch version of Sex (I'm A...) because the album version (5 minutes) seems a little long for being a single. And what about Information (1980) from 2 years before, these tracks ever released on CD?
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 am

Thanks all for the feedback. Happy you are enjoying the reissue.

Pleasure Victim was requested at the same time as Love Life, and I was told two song versions had to be cleared by the foreign office before it could proceed. This was back around September/October. But there's been a number of snags and I suspect Love Life will be my last reissue for a while:

1. My previous Universal contact's position was eliminated at the end of 2019 and reissue requests moved over to the licensing department. They will not be doing finished goods deals anymore, which is where I'm only responsible for the mastering and artwork creation. They will only clear the master rights and it will be up to clients to do everything else. I'm ok with that and have educated myself on the rest of the process.

2. I had a phone conversation with my new contact in January and everything sounded well. He stated they have no intent of cutting off third party license requests. However, he hasn't replied to any of my messages in over a month. And with his own department to run along with these new responsibilities added on top, communication may prove even more challenging than before.

3. It was just reported in an article on Friday that Universal Music's offices in Santa Monica, which is where all of my contacts are located, were evacuated because an employee tested positive for the virus. The offices will remain closed until further notice.

Right now it's all going to be wait and see...
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:34 am

ZippY wrote:
Sean wrote:I got mine yesterday and yes, it's awesome. Well done once again Scott. Already looking forward to Pleasure Victim.

Is that in the pipeline as well?
The other day I was asking myself if there is a 7 inch version of Sex (I'm A...) because the album version (5 minutes) seems a little long for being a single. And what about Information (1980) from 2 years before, these tracks ever released on CD?

Yes, there is a 7" version of "Sex (I'm A...)". It's 3:29 and is actually a remix as well, not just an edit. I have it ripped from some compilation CD I had like 12yrs ago. It was a pkgd as a hardback book style and I think the title had something to do with "hearts" or "valentines" or something-or-other. I sold it and cannot for the life of me remember the name of it and haven't been able to find again ever since! I'm pretty sure it was an early 2000's release though.

I think the "Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80's" 1990's CD series may have this version as well??? I've not heard the CD so I can't verify this.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Just-Ca ... se/2836520
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Fred Taghon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:40 am

Here is the link to the US 7" of "Sex (I'm A...)"
https://www.discogs.com/Berlin-Sex-Im-A/release/519355

In the credits it says "Remixed by Gopher Baroque" which is almost certainly a play on words??? So probably remixed by the band and/or Daniel Van Patten.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Scott, just curious: why you didn't include the re-recordings of "Masquerade" and "For all tomorrow's lies"? They would have been good additions - the former sounds in line with "Love life" and the latter is a version of the LP track, it'd make sense to see them a part of the program.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Passing_Stranger wrote:Scott, just curious: why you didn't include the re-recordings of "Masquerade" and "For all tomorrow's lies"? They would have been good additions - the former sounds in line with "Love life" and the latter is a version of the LP track, it'd make sense to see them a part of the program.

I'm not aware of a re-recording of Masquerade. I know of the single and extended remixes, both of which were set to be included on the Pleasure Victim reissue. The flexi version is a unique/early mix but Universal didn't have a tape of it and may not own the rights to that mix as it was before their Geffen signing.

The re-recording of For All Tomorrow's Lies would have gone with Blowin' Sky High as bonus tracks on Count Three And Pray, as they were recorded after that album.

The single remixes of Sex and Tell Me Why are/were also set to be part of the Pleasure Victim reissue.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations