Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New releases: Divinyls and Fingerprintz

New releases: Divinyls and Fingerprintz

Postby Rubellan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:12 am

For those who don't follow me on Facebook or Twitter, I've got two new CD reissues coming in the next couple of months:

Divinyls 'Desperate' is being released as a 16 track reissue including the songs from the Australian edition and a couple of single rarities as bonus tracks. Finalizing remastering (from original tapes) this week and hoping to get final approval on the packaging. This is planned for a June 12 release.

Fingerprintz 'Bullet Proof Heart - The Best Of' is a 22 track compilation including highlights from the first single to the last album. I'm having a very productive email exchange with Jimme O'Neill, vocalist of the band, who is providing a very informative history that will be part of the booklet. Please note there is a recently released compilation CD on the Renaissance label but it is NOT officially licensed from Universal and is poorly mastered from vinyl. My compilation will be the first ever officially licensed and properly mastered CD release of Fingerprintz material. My planned released date is July 3.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Re: New releases: Divinyls and Fingerprintz

Postby fixion » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:24 am

Great news, Scott!
I will buy both.
Fingerprintz is a must for me. Great band, great songs.
Looking forward to seeing the tracklistings!

Anders
Sweden
fixion
Running Up That Hill

Postby rewind » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 am

Great news! I will buy both too. Especially excited about Fingerprintz!!
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:49 pm

This is great news, Scott! So glad to see you still getting more of your excellent reissues out there! Looking forward to buying them both! I had never heard of Fingerprintz previously, but I checked out some of their material on YouTube, and I like what I hear!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri May 01, 2020 11:02 am

More excellent news! I am almost ready to begin remastering my Fingerprintz vinyl but will absolutely buy a glass mastered from master tapes compilation as soon as I am able! And that the first Divinyls album will finally be out there in the OZ edition with the correct bonus tracks is delightful! Their first album was The Goods, and I've always wanted an original OZ pressing but they are hard to come by without actually buying from Down Under.At great cost. Again, my friends will be getting these for their birthday events.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Sun May 03, 2020 6:16 am

Great news Scott, been waiting for Fingerprintz on CD for decades!
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Thu May 14, 2020 9:32 am

I now have Divinyls listed on the website with sound samples. The masters for Fingerprintz have been ordered for transfer.

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/divinylsdesperate
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:55 pm

The brand new Divinyls 'Desperate' remastered 2020 Expanded Edition CD is now available for order! Official release date is Friday and orders will begin shipping by the end of the week.

Take a look at the unboxing video for a taster.
https://vimeo.com/425642843

Get yours now at: https://www.rubellanremasters.com/divinylsdesperate

The Fingerprintz CD is halfway mastered. I'm still waiting for tape transfers for 10 songs but hope to have it out sometime in July. It will include a 12 page booklet with extensive liner notes from a conversation I've been having with front man Jimme O'Neill about the history of the band.
Last edited by Rubellan on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:45 am

Rubellan wrote:The Fingerprintz CD is halfway mastered. I'm still waiting for tape transfers for 10 songs but hope to have it out sometime in July. It will include a 12 page booklet with extensive liner notes from a conversation I've been having with front man Jimme O'Neill about the history of the band.

As much as I loved Fingerprintz and all of Jimme's pre-Silencers work [particularly the Intro/Jacqui Brookes material], I've never felt compelled to check out The Silencers. The band seemed to be very "mid-80s" to my perception. Like they were reaching for the Simple Minds market, which certainly didn't do Simple Minds any favors [to put it mildly] Was I wrong to think so? And isn't it amazing to think that you're still waiting for half the material to show up in your inbox and yet you can still get a CD manufactured and into the marketplace within eight weeks? And yet people will wait half a year for a crappy vinyl pressing from the former Soviet Union?
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Gazebo Music » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:45 pm

As always, great work Scott!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:42 am

Fingerprintz is now being manufactured. I should have stock the first week of July. If the comp does well enough I'm considering doing all 3 albums as deluxe editions. I found a load of previously unreleased material in the master tape list that could make for some exciting extras. In the meantime, here's the link to the new comp on my website with details and sound samples:

https://www.rubellanremasters.com/fingerprintzbest
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:43 am

Super news. Will be making an order soon as I need to catch up and buy some presents.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby RevUp64 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:43 am

The Divinyls release is just perfect. All of the AUS and international tracks collected has long been a fantasy release for me, and the mastering, as best as I can describe it, is clear, spacious and warm, and to listen to the album with the volume it demands is like being in the room with the band. I already wanted a similar tracklist treatment for "What a Life!" but now I really really hope it's in the pipeline from Rubellan.

Monkey Grip would be nice (is there any vault material around that one?), but I understand that one's a whole separate set of rights issues, and demand outside Australia would likely be minimal.
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

Postby jaybag » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Man I really need to check this board more. Ordered the Divinyls and Berlin CDs the other day to complete my Rubellan Remasters collection (you know, the ones that have come out so far). If Scott's involved in the project, I'm in.
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations