Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Soft Cell Cruelty Without Beauty 2020 Expanded Reissue

Soft Cell Cruelty Without Beauty 2020 Expanded Reissue

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Soft Cell reissuing their 2002 Cruelty Without Beauty reunion album on Sep 25.

2 CD, LP and remix EP vinyl available. 2020 Extended mixes done by Dave Ball.

https://www.softcell.co.uk/cruelty-without-beauty/

2 CD tracklisting:
CD 1
Darker Times / Monoculture / Le Grand Cuignol / The Night / Last Chance / Together Alone / Desperate / Whatever It Takes / All Out Of Love / Sensation Nation / Caligua Syndrome / On An Up
+
Divided Soul / God Shaped Hole / Somebody, Somewhere, Sometime / Dancing Alone / Perversity

CD2
Darker Times (2020 Extended Mix) / Together Alone (2020 Extended Mix) / Monoculture (2020 Extended Mix) / Last Chance (2020 Extended Mix) / The Night (Manhattan Clique Remix) / Divided Soul (Live 2002) / Caligula Syndrome (Live, 2002) / The Night (Live, 2002) / Monoculture (Live, 2002) / Le Grand Guignol (Live, 2002) / Together Alone (Live, 2002) / Darker Times (Live, 2002) / God Shaped Hole (Live, 2002) / Somebody, Somewhere, Sometime (Live, 2002) / Last Chance (Live, 2002)

Pink vinyl LP tracklisting:
Darker Times / Monoculture / Le Grand Cuignol / The Night / Last Chance / Together Alone / Desperate / Whatever It Takes / All Out Of Love / Sensation Nation / Caligua Syndrome / On An Up

White vinyl Remix EP tracklisting (limited to 500 copies):
Darker Times (2020 Extended Mix) / Together Alone (2020 Extended Mix) / Monoculture (2020 Extended Mix) / Last Chance (2020 Extended Mix)

According to their Facebook page there are a couple of additional 2020 Extended Mixes being added to both the 2 CD and remix EP vinyl: 'Le Grand Guignol' and 'Caligua Syndrome'
Glenn
Take On Me

Re: Soft Cell Cruelty Without Beauty 2020 Expanded Reissue

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:24 am

A DLX RM already? Well, it is almost 20 years [shakes head]. Where does the time go?
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:07 am

It's missing quite a lot of period remixes:

-Monoculture (Radio Edit),
-Monoculture (Dave Ball 7" Edit),
-Monoculture (Dave Ball Extended 12" Mix),
-Monoculture (Playgroup Remix),
-Monoculture (Playgroup Instrumental),
-Monoculture (Solvent Remix),
-Monoculture (Antoine 909 & Oggie B Edit),
-Monoculture (Extended Version),
-Monoculture (Jan Driver Remix or Jan Driver Club Mix),
-The Night (Jan Driver Dub Mix),
-The Night (Almighty Mix),
-The Night (Almighty PA Mix),
-The Night (The Wayne G Heaven Anthem Dub),
-The Night (Wayne G Heaven Anthem Mix) and
-The Night (Manhattan Clique Mix).

Although not every remix is good, I'll keep my original CD's because I'm not really interested in the 2020 mixes. 8)

However, I'm still interested in the upcoming 80's album reissues. Hopefully added with some of the stuff on the Keychains & Snowstorms boxset, especially the longer versions of the album tracks.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Glenn » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:50 am

@ZippY,
The Night (Manhattan Clique Remix) is included on CD2 but is the only period remix included. I believe it was promo-only so a nice inclusion.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby BigManRestless » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:00 am

You might be missing out on the 2020 remixes. The new extended mixes Dave created for the Soft Cell box were excellent, not sounding like 21st century remixes' but more like mixes that could have been done at the time of release.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby WLR » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:39 am

:D Track listing for the 54 track Digital Download edition:

Darker Times / Monoculture / Le Grand Guignol / The Night / Last Chance / Together Alone / Desperate / Whatever It Takes / All Out Of Love / Sensation Nation / Caligula Syndrome / On An Up / Divided Soul / God-Shaped Hole / Somebody Somewhere Sometime / Dancing Alone / Perversity / Darker Times (2020 Extended Mix) / Monoculture (2020 Extended Mix) / Le Grand Guignol (2020 Extended Mix) / Last Chance (2020 Extended Mix) / Together Alone (2020 Extended Mix) / Caligula Syndrome (2020 Extended Mix) / Divided Soul (Hooker Mix) / Monoculture (Dave Ball Extended Mix) / Monoculture (Dave Ball Radio Edit) / Monoculture (Playgroup Remix) / Monoculture (Playgroup Dub) / Monculture (Playground Edit) / Monoculture (Solvent Remix) / Monoculture (Jan Driver Remix) / Monoculture (Jan Driver Dub) / Monoculture (Jan Driver Edit) / Monoculture (Antoine 909 & Oggie B Edit) / The Night (Manhattan Clique Remix) / The Night (Almighty Mix) / The Night (Almighty PA Mix) / The Night (Wayne G Heaven Anthem Mix) / The Night (Wayne G Heaven Anthem Dub) / Divided Soul (Live in Leeds, 2001) / God-Shaped Hole (Live in Leeds, 2001) / Somebody Somewhere Sometime (Live in Leeds, 2001) / Darker Times (Live at London O2, 2018) / Monoculture (Live, 2002) / Le Grand Guignol (Live, 2002) / The Night (Live, 2002) / Last Chance (Live in Leeds, 2001) / Together Alone (Live, 2002) / Caligula Syndrome (Live, 2002) / Darker Times (Instrumental) / Monoculture (Instrumental) / Last Chance (Instrumental) / Together Alone (Instrumental) / Divided Soul (Instrumental)
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby mathmandan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:43 pm

postpunkmonk wrote:A DLX RM already? Well, it is almost 20 years [shakes head]. Where does the time go?

I was thinking the same thing! My mind was saying "wait, that's a recent Soft Cell album, why are they redoing it already?"
mathmandan
Running Up That Hill

Postby Glenn » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Reissue moved back to Dec 4 as per their website.
Glenn
Take On Me

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations