Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

BERLIN Pleasure Victim reissue coming soon!

Re: BERLIN Pleasure Victim reissue coming soon!

Postby Glenn » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:25 pm

Posted a note re this release on SDE site's 'out this week' entry and see two others also posted info about the release today. Nice to see the support.

https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news ... ore-160622
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby Funeral Pyre » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Placed order, can't wait to hear this remaster!
Funeral Pyre
Switchin' to Glide

Postby omar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Got my cd today and played it. It's awesome, crystal clear sounding remaster. It was good to hear the 7"/12" mixes. BTW Scott was just wondering if there was ever a 12" mix of Pleasure Victim, didn't see it on Discogs. Perhaps you could create your own at some point. This is Berlin's best album! Definitely worth buying you guys. Those that still haven't do so now! Thanks Scott once again for a superb work.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby blaaah » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Scott, have you got anywhere with getting SDE to promote your releases? They always seem strangely quiet on your work but exactly up their street?
blaaah
Personal Jesus

Postby Spudboy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Scott, both Berlin CDs arrived today...

It's 1983 all over again!! I'm in the converted attic bedroom of my best friend Lisa and we're crowded over the little Radio Shack boom-box, listening to the "Pleasure Victim" cassette as loud as we can.... without waking her parents. :D

Thanks for all that you do. I really appreciate the quality and dedication put into your work.
Still looking for my girl with auburn hair and tawny eyes...
Spudboy
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Got my copy today as well (thank you U.S. Postal Workers).

A handsome visual presentation was the first impression!

Then I popped it in for a listen. I had to chuckle after hearing the first few seconds of "Tell Me Why" because my first thought was, is this a version I haven't heard before? So I brought up my own rip of the original Geffen CD and realized they were definitely the same version - I just hadn't realized how awful the original cd sounded!

This new remaster sounds AMAZING. Nice full-bodied bass throughout. I didnt realize how thin the original cd sounded until comparing it head to head with the new one. This 38yr old album now sounds better than ever without question.

The bonus tracks are all presented with the same sonic clarity of the album tracks which is not always the case with "expanded edition" reissues. The "Sex" single remix here blows my previous one (from some 1990s compilation) completely out of the water. Wonderful to finally hear the single remix of "Tell Me Why" again after probably 30yrs! The Euro single remix of "The Metro" and single remix of "Masquerade" are versions i hadn't heard before so those were fun! And of course the extended remixes of "Sex", "The Metro" and "Masquerade" have never sounded better. A perfect companion to the recently reissued "Love Life" album.

After "Love Life", I had high expectations for this one and am happy to say you more than delivered. The band themselves may have shown zero interest in these reissues but your impeccable work has made these 2 CD's the "ultimate" versions to have in regards to both content and quality.

Thanks once again, Scott, for your hard work and determination to finally get this one "out there". Job well done!
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:00 am

Thanks all for the great feedback! It's been a hit across the various forums so that's good news.

Regarding SDE, he did post about my Divinyls a while back and I think it gave my label some additional attention, but I did email him about my Fingerprintz CD when it went into distribution but I didn't get a response. And since he really doesn't post stories unless they are something that can be found on Amazon, I'm sure if he were to consider my Berlin title it wouldn't be until I submit it to distribution and it's on Amazon. That probably won't be for a little while now because sales are still rolling in. It's been my most productive opening week since the last two Visage releases.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Fred Taghon » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:09 am

Great to hear sales and feedback have been going well! I wish you continued success because you are a rare gem; someone doing this as a labor of love, while simultaneously raising the bar for all others in the industry.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Glenn » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:21 am

Received my CD yesterday and it looks and sounds great. Thanks Scott!

Regarding SDE, your point about it needing to be on Amazon is supported by the SDE coverage of the upcoming Sigue Sigue Sputnik Flaunt It reissue which Cherry Red announced a while ago yet SDE didn't cover until it was available on Amazon.
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby cjinca » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm

Got my copy the other day and have been playing it non-stop! If you are on the fence - go place your order now!

This CD is AMAZING! Solid, punchy bass, pulsing synths, crystal clear vocals - and NO BRICKWALLING!

The extra tracks included some I have never heard and were a great surprise.

Why these big labels don't use him to do their remasters I will never know - they are by far the best I have heard.

Highly recommended!

Now let's get that Count Three and Pray release out!
cjinca
Running Up That Hill

Postby Bellenger1981 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:20 pm

cjinca wrote:Got my copy the other day and have been playing it non-stop! If you are on the fence - go place your order now!

This CD is AMAZING! Solid, punchy bass, pulsing synths, crystal clear vocals - and NO BRICKWALLING!

Why these big labels don't use him to do their remasters I will never know - they are by far the best I have heard.

Highly recommended!

Spot on! STUNNING reissue, as I had expected! The big labels do not use Scott because they aim to have everything brickwalled, unfortunately. The real question is why they do not use him for vinyl transfers, as his restorations sound just like master tapes! Amazing! And, yes, let's hope that we get "Count Three and Pray" next!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:22 am

cjinca wrote:Got my copy the other day and have been playing it non-stop! If you are on the fence - go place your order now!

Highly recommended!

That's wonderful to read, I'm very happy you and others are enjoying it.
And I admit that it does feel a shame that I'm not able to make more of my skills. It's the area I have firm confidence in myself, but unless you are an engineer that made his name 30-40 years ago there's not much room in the club. BTW, I think many of those big names are maintaining just because of their past work because more often than not they just brickwall the life out of everything like any young up and comer would. Whether they really think it sounds good (due to hearing loss) or are just trying to fit in with current trends is anyone's guess. But perhaps the Rubellan name will become a benchmark posthumously...

I do hope I can get an approval on Count Three sooner than later. But as we know, it's a wait and see thing.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:32 am

Rubellan wrote:BTW, I think many of those big names are maintaining just because of their past work because more often than not they just brickwall the life out of everything like any young up and comer would. Whether they really think it sounds good (due to hearing loss) or are just trying to fit in with current trends is anyone's guess.

Touché!! I had to laugh when Neil Young, who has been in front of Marshall Stacks for for 50+ years had taken the sound of CDs to task and peddled his 24/96 highres snake oil. This satirical graphic I made on my web post on his Pono platform tells the tale…

One could make the potent argument that audio engineers past the age of 35 might be pushing it for the validity of their hearing.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:52 am

Arrived today! Both Pleasure Victim & Love Life. First listen: Terry sings very clear and with beautiful 's'-es :D

Thanks Scott. 8)
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby anfunny2003 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Got my copy of 'Pleasure Victim' here in the UK 10 days after it was mailed. I think that's the fastest ever ordering direct, so considering the worldwide pandemic, that's quite impressive! I think it was 12 or 14 days previously. Really nice end product, thanks Scott.
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations