Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 25

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 25

Postby Gazebo Music » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:56 am

Hello all,

So nice to see past and present members contributing their own take of what the 80s meant to them! Again, there were so many great obscure bands in a decade that gave us an incredible variety / styles of music we love unlike any other decade! Most of these were not your typical mainstream so exposing them this way is probably the only way you will ever get to hear them!

Next week I will begin sharing the final five volumes in this series and I can tell you there will be some absolutely stellar tracks! Some will be making their very first internet debut and listening to them again after all these years was awesome! For me, this series will always be my Covid soundtrack which made the subway rides into work every morning so much more enjoyable during these crazy times!

Lastly and worth mentioning, last week Paul Goodchild (Space Monkey) sadly passed away just as a Deluxe Edition Best Of was apparently in the works. An awful loss to the New Wave community! R.I.P.

I have done my best to remaster all the tracks including those from CD's that needed a bit of tweaking. If I have used tracks that have appeared on others previous compilations, I apologize as this was not intentional! I had worked on these tracks quite some time ago and simply wanted to share them in lossless WAV format with the best sound possible. I will leave the link up for one week while I work on Volume 26!

“In Memory Of Dave “Swerve” Myrvold”

I hope you enjoy!

Paul (Gazebo Music)

Pss: Please, this in NO way is intended to take away sales from any of the artists included here but rather a way to discover or rediscover these timeless masterpieces as many of them have never officially appeared on CD or are long "Out Of Print". Please support these bands if they should have material available! They deserve all the credit!

Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 25

01. Steve Hillage - These Uncharted Lands 540 (82)
02. Bel Pare' - Natalie 401 (86)
03. Vital Signs - Miracles 342 (83)
04. Eternal Triangle - Touch & Let Go 348 (84)
05. The Cut - Atmospheres 516 (81)
06. Belouis Some - Animal Magic (Dub) 613 (87)
07. The Gymslips - Evil Eye 623 (85)
08. Sal Solo - San Damiano (Music) 334 (84)
09. Vicious Pink Phenomena - My Private Tokyo (Remix) 335 (82)
10. Vivabeat - Man From China (LP Version) 522 (80)
11. Space Monkey - One More Shot 418 (85)
12. The Pop Gun - I Need Some Time 328 (86)
13. Rhetorical Band - Day Order (English Version) 356 (83)
14. So - Are You Sure (12'' Mix) 658 (88)
15. Rock And Hyde - Dirty Water (Extended Version) 646 (87)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... SA0mkLgxCL
Last edited by Gazebo Music on Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Re: Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 25

Postby AJWAVE » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:46 am

Thanks for share Buddy!
PS: RIP Paul. A sad loss for the new wave fans. He never got to see a deserved reissue of his only album.

Julio
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:07 pm

It's really been a sad, depressing and deflating 2020, but these collections are a ray of sunshine! Thank you, Paul!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:17 pm

Always look forward to Fridays for your compilations Paul. Like Cory said, it's been a tough year, and we still have 2 more months of it with lots of tough going on. Music keeps me going, music makes me happy. Excited to see that we will have 5 amazing final volumes to this series and at the same time a little sad as all good things have to come to and end. Thank you for putting these compilations together for our enjoyment. Space Monkey!!! :cry:
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby retromusic » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:06 pm

Much appreciated, Paul. Looking forward to the last 5 volumes.
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:30 pm

I love your compilations. Thank you for taking the time to share them here.
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby musfan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Thank you again for more outstanding series!

I have slowly been going through them, finding all sorts of new groups I didn't know about. One is Celtic Rumours, with Slow Rain. I found some more of their music and like some songs from their second album Greed, which I guess flopped harder than the first one? But Happily Ever After (with the Doors interpolation) and Innocent Child stood out to me on that - and I wouldn't have heard of any of them without your posts. As always, thank you!
musfan
Personal Jesus

Postby Gazebo Music » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:07 am

Thank you Mus, Glad you're discovering artists you've never heard before. "Wish" by Celtic Rumours is another one of my favs! Enjoy!

musfan wrote:Thank you again for more outstanding series!

I have slowly been going through them, finding all sorts of new groups I didn't know about. One is Celtic Rumours, with Slow Rain. I found some more of their music and like some songs from their second album Greed, which I guess flopped harder than the first one? But Happily Ever After (with the Doors interpolation) and Innocent Child stood out to me on that - and I wouldn't have heard of any of them without your posts. As always, thank you!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby mskremember » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:41 am

It has happened to me the same as to musfan. because of you I have bought several albums and CDs, among them "Celtic Rumors - Slow Rain - The Complete Celtic Rumors", so thank you very much for letting us know groups that without these compilations we could never meet.

I am always willing to meet groups, I buy everything I like, I am crazy about quality music and in your compilations I have found jewels that I have loved. Thank you very much dear paul

Best regards

Mario
mskremember
The Jet Set

Postby Gazebo Music » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:31 am

Mario, Thank You! If any of my compilations have generated sales for a band then I have done my job! Like yourself, Rissan and a few others on this group, we are all trying to share the more obscure, forgotten artists from the 80s who made incredible music but sadly never got the exposure they deserved. There is really no payback for doing all this work other than reading the positive comments and more importantly not letting these tracks be forgotten! I think all of us agree, it would be nice if more record labels took some time to explore their vaults and properly release some of the tracks we are sharing as there's still a global market for this music! That is my hope! Cheers!

mskremember wrote:It has happened to me the same as to musfan. because of you I have bought several albums and CDs, among them "Celtic Rumors - Slow Rain - The Complete Celtic Rumors", so thank you very much for letting us know groups that without these compilations we could never meet.

I am always willing to meet groups, I buy everything I like, I am crazy about quality music and in your compilations I have found jewels that I have loved. Thank you very much dear paul

Best regards

Mario
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby magnum » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:26 pm

Gazebo Music wrote:)
03. Vital Signs - Trading In Guilt 342 (83)

Some great tunes on this volume [v pink.vivabeat,So,S hillage,eternal triangle].....but there is an error on the best of the lot.....Vital Signs track to my ears sounds like the bside [Miracle] would be fantastic if you have "Trading in Guilt" in HQ.
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby Gazebo Music » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Mag, you’re 100% correct and thank you for noticing it! I have since made the corrections and will definitely try to include “Trading In Guilt” for you! Thanks

magnum wrote:
Gazebo Music wrote:)
03. Vital Signs - Trading In Guilt 342 (83)

Some great tunes on this volume [v pink.vivabeat,So,S hillage,eternal triangle].....but there is an error on the best of the lot.....Vital Signs track to my ears sounds like the bside [Miracle] would be fantastic if you have "Trading in Guilt" in HQ.
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central