Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 26

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 26

Postby Gazebo Music » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:57 am

Hope everyone is safe & well!

Well here we are, the final five volumes! I honestly believed once the Digital 80s series (approx 735 tracks) was completed, that would be it!

Fast forward to June 2nd during a global pandemic and with some time to reflect, I made the decision to begin a new series simply to continue sharing rare tracks Dave & I always enjoyed but did not make it onto the Digital 80s series. Another reason was to provide a brief distraction if you will from all the madness we were all going through via Covid!

The plan was to share only 10 volumes then put this series to rest as well! I guess that wasn’t the case! Approx 521 tracks will be used to complete this new series (30 Volumes + 3 bonus discs). I wish I could have continued as there were still hundreds of DAT tapes and CDR’s of vinyl rips, cassette transfers etc. still in boxes from over 20 years ago. Hopefully one day I will have the time and energy to go through them all! I encourage you to try and give every track a quick listen as they’re all quite unique in their own way!

I have done my best to remaster all the tracks including those from CD's that needed a bit of tweaking. If I have used tracks that have appeared on others previous compilations, I apologize as this was not intentional! I had worked on these tracks quite some time ago and simply wanted to share them in lossless WAV format with the best sound possible. I will leave the link up for one week while I work on Volume 27!

Please, this in NO way is intended to take away sales from any of the artists included here but rather a way to discover or rediscover these timeless masterpieces as many of them have never officially appeared on CD or are long "Out Of Print". Please support these bands if they should have material available! They deserve all the credit!

“In Memory Of Dave “Swerve” Myrvold”

I hope you enjoy!

Paul (Gazebo Music)

Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 26

01. The Sun And The Moon - The Price Of Grain 608 (88)
02. Solitaire - Nothing Left To Say 403 (85)
03. Metro - Gemini 452 (80)
04. The Laurels - Zoom (Take The Test) (Radio Mix) 321 (84)
05. The Farmer's Boys - For You (Big Version) 637 (83)
06. Fox In Socks - Sound Patterns 303 (82)
07. The Room - New Dreams For Old 316 (84)
08. Perfect Alibi - Not At Home To Heartache (The Majestic Mix) 811 (87)
09. Red Box - Never Trust Your Soul (Club Mix) 656 (83)
10. Intimate Stranger - Let Go 353 (86)
11. World Theatre - If I Stumble 437 (89)
12. T-4-2 - Don't Let My Love (Original Mix) 633 (89)
13. Near Paris - Visions 537 (85)
14. Twice A Man - Decay 408 (82)
15. Sinking Ships - Strangers 253 (80)
16. Joy Circuit - Wise To The Style 406 (88)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... LY_9h52lkK
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Re: Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 26

Postby Sean » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:51 am

Thank you Paul.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:57 am

Beautiful work, as always!! Thank you, Paul!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby AJWAVE » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:09 am

Thanks mi amigo!
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby retromusic » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:00 pm

Thanks, Paul. These comps are very much appreciated.
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby xymox970 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:28 pm

The Farmer`s Boys......is this their debut appearance on this compilation series ?

What a great band.....so glad when I managed to find their debut album in my local second hand store for next to nothing......and it sure is worth something.....
and this particular track is really really special to me.... :)
.....although the long extended version in this case is really totally unnecessary..... :D
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby Gazebo Music » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Xymo, Glad you like the track and yes this would be The Farmers Boy’s debut! An awesome band no doubt! As for “why the Extended Version?”.... I’ve always enjoyed the original extend versions and for the most part more difficult to find. For tracks I really enjoy, I always tried to include both the 7” and 12” in this series but just ran out of room this time around. Nevertheless, glad you liked it!!!

xymox970 wrote:The Farmer`s Boys......is this their debut appearance on this compilation series ?

What a great band.....so glad when I managed to find their debut album in my local second hand store for next to nothing......and it sure is worth something.....
and this particular track is really really special to me.... :)
.....although the long extended version in this case is really totally unnecessary..... :D
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby xymox970 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:51 am

Gazebo Music wrote:Xymo, Glad you like the track and yes this would be The Farmers Boy’s debut! An awesome band no doubt! As for “why the Extended Version?”.... I’ve always enjoyed the original extend versions and for the most part more difficult to find. For tracks I really enjoy, I always tried to include both the 7” and 12” in this series but just ran out of room this time around. Nevertheless, glad you liked it!!!

.....Paul, I didnt mean to say that it was unnecessary for you to include this version, but rather that this version IMHO doesnt really add anything to this song - it doesnt exhance it like its the case with so many other 12" extended versions out there (think only of FGTH & Propaganda for a start), but I am a great fan of 12" versions and thats actually the sole reason why I started collecting vinyl again after so many years in the first place.

On the other hand, The Farmer`s Boys actually do have another track that has a totally different 12" version when compared to the 7" - Phew Wow! - and such a thing happens actually very rarely...
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby DJ Kenny » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:37 am

HUGE Thank You for sharing all of these! I have discovered so many songs that I hadn't heard before (which I didn't think was possible). It's great that you are helping to keep this music alive! Much appreciated.

Kenny
DJ Kenny
Switchin' to Glide

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:59 pm

I'm looking forward to giving this a listen. Thank you
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby Gazebo Music » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:30 am

Xymo,

lol sorry! After reading your message again, I now get what you meant! My bad!

xymox970 wrote:
Gazebo Music wrote:Xymo, Glad you like the track and yes this would be The Farmers Boy’s debut! An awesome band no doubt! As for “why the Extended Version?”.... I’ve always enjoyed the original extend versions and for the most part more difficult to find. For tracks I really enjoy, I always tried to include both the 7” and 12” in this series but just ran out of room this time around. Nevertheless, glad you liked it!!!

.....Paul, I didnt mean to say that it was unnecessary for you to include this version, but rather that this version IMHO doesnt really add anything to this song - it doesnt exhance it like its the case with so many other 12" extended versions out there (think only of FGTH & Propaganda for a start), but I am a great fan of 12" versions and thats actually the sole reason why I started collecting vinyl again after so many years in the first place.

On the other hand, The Farmer`s Boys actually do have another track that has a totally different 12" version when compared to the 7" - Phew Wow! - and such a thing happens actually very rarely...
Last edited by Gazebo Music on Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby WLR » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:26 pm

:D Excellent work again Paul, thank you very much.
WLR
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central