Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood Reissues

Frankie Goes To Hollywood Reissues

Postby omar » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:15 pm

Universal has now acquired ZTT and are to kickstart a reissue campaign starting with FGTH . Both the band’s studio albums Welcome To The Pleasuredome (1984), Liverpool (1986) as well as the best of collection Bang.. The Greatest Hits (1993) are coming out next month on cd and vinyl. These are straight forward releases with no bonus tracks or remixes. As for the remastering it’s unclear if they’ll use the previous ZTT/Salvo ones or if any. With ZTT’s acquisition we’ll see a whole bunch of Propaganda,808 State and Seal reissues in 2021 hopefully.
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood Reissues

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:04 am

Hopefully not. I can't be said to "collect" ZTT and I really never did, though i sort of liked the idea. I'll sit this round of exploitation out.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby RevUp64 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:45 am

Might we finally see something done with Slave to the Rhythm?
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

Postby omar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:12 am

These are straightforward reissues with no bonus material. I guess every time a label is taken over by another the new agenda is to release out of print stuff and make it available again to the buying public. As much as I'd to see deluxe editions of Slave To The Rhythm and Seal i doubt it, perhaps just straightforward reissues. But then again, who knows??
omar
Room at the Top

Postby anfunny2003 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:01 pm

RevUp64 wrote:Might we finally see something done with Slave to the Rhythm?

Isn't that owned by Island Universal anyway? It's not on ZTT, and never was, it's just produced by Trevor Horn and co. Grace's catalogue reissues were shaping up to be great, but after the Disco trilogy set, Warm Leatherette and Nightclubbing, they just ceased. Living My Life and Slave To The Rhythm are now long overdue. :(
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:29 pm

anfunny2003 wrote:

Isn't that owned by Island Universal anyway? It's not on ZTT, and never was, it's just produced by Trevor Horn and co. Grace's catalogue reissues were shaping up to be great, but after the Disco trilogy set, Warm Leatherette and Nightclubbing, they just ceased. Living My Life and Slave To The Rhythm are now long overdue. :(

Still waiting for that Living My Life reissue, although I think there's not enough material for a double CD set like the others.

As for the FGTH reissues: I hope for a boxset with all of the Propaganda stuff ...

A Secret Wishful Thinking 8) :wink:
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby RevUp64 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:43 pm

anfunny2003 wrote:

The initial UK issue was ZTT/Island, but all subsequent issues were just Island, while the copyright on all releases, so far as I know, is with ZTT. I'd be very curious to know what the whole story behind that one is. AND a deluxe reissue :D
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

Postby BigManRestless » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:58 am

I'd like a CD version of the Inside The Pleasuredome box set. But other than that the Frankie well must be bone dry by now.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:33 am

BigManRestless wrote:I'd like a CD version of the Inside The Pleasuredome box set. But other than that the Frankie well must be bone dry by now.
We should have gotten that several years ago. How I despise the trend to release physical product on vinyl only. The choice between streaming and vinyl only is a bad one for me. A lose-lose scenario that I hate.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby negative1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:41 pm

love frankie and all the releases.

cool that bang is going to be on vinyl.

you guys must have hundreds of frankie releases.

i only have about 50 or so from them i think.

i haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what they have.

here's some things they could work on.
======
a liverpool super deluxe edition
they could put out a cd-singles set,
a 7" boxset
a 12" boxset

i have the limited 'watching the wildlife' cd-single (and bought another copy for a friend):
https://www.discogs.com/Frankie-Goes-To ... ase/478029

Watching The Wildlife
CD2-1 Watching The Wildlife (Animal Lust) 3:50
CD2-2 The Waves (Animal Fat) 2:56
CD2-3 Watching The Wildlife (Hotter) 9:06
CD2-4 Wildlife (Voiceless) 5:10

I don't think thats been re-released (although the mixes can all be found elsewhere).

I just bought 2 of the 1993 power of love boxsets with the postcards and badge:
https://www.discogs.com/Frankie-Goes-To ... se/1531366
TracklistShow Credits
1 The Power Of Love 5:29
2 The Power Of Love (Original Extended Mix) 9:29
3 Rage Hard (Original DJ Mix) 4:13
4 The Power Of Love (Alternative Mix) 5:07

There are countless picture discs, posters, and so many other things to get.

There is no end to frankie releases, so i'm not sure how you guys have all of it.

I'm not even close to making a dent, even with 20+ compilations, deluxe editions, vinyl, and cds.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:12 pm

A CD singles boxset would've ideally been the obvious way to go from here. I'm surprised that ZTT/Salvo didn't jump on that idea after those deluxe versions. Frankie were essentially a singles band and had more remixes for every release than anybody else out there.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:42 am

omar wrote:A CD singles boxset would've ideally been the obvious way to go from here. I'm surprised that ZTT/Salvo didn't jump on that idea after those deluxe versions. Frankie were essentially a singles band and had more remixes for every release than anybody else out there.

Agreement! This would be the one FGTH product I would buy at this point.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations