Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Fashion "Fabrique DeLuxe" Preorder Confirmed

Fashion "Fabrique DeLuxe" Preorder Confirmed

Postby omar » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:32 am

Finally after two years of anxious waiting Fashion's Fabrique deluxe boxset is available as a 4 cd set, including a 60 page booklet and other extras. It's kinda expensive $156 approx. (including shipping). Release date is Jan. 31st 2021. Here's the tracklist:

Face 1:

The A & B side of the Original Fabrique Album.

Move On
Love Shadow
Streetplayer - Mechanik
Dressed To Kill
You Only Left Your Picture
Something In Your Picture
It’s Alright
White Stuff (Short Cut)
Do You Wanna Make Love
Slow Blue

Face 02:

Extended mixes from 12” Dance Singles.

Mutant Dance Move
Smokey Dialogue
Mutant Mix Mechanik
Dressed to Kill (Double Dub)
You Only Left Your Picture (Reggae Reprise)
Alternative Playback (Half Frame)
White Stuff (The Unfinished)
Do You Wanna Make Love ( at 5.00 A.M.?)

Face 03

Dub Tracks from B side of original cassette plus various unreleased mixes.

Move On (Audio Extra)
StreetPlayer - Mechanik (Audio Extra)
Love Shadow- Smokey Dialogue
Something In Your Picture (Motor Drive)
Mutant Mechanik
Love Shadow (7” remix)
Alternative Playback (Full Frame)
Lets Play Dirty - (Centrefold)
Love Shadow (U.S. 12” Promo Mix)
Something in your picture (Test Pressing Mix)

Face 04: Fabrique Global Birmingham MMXIX

Dressed To Kill
Something In Your Picture
Do You Wanna Make Love
Love Shadow
Streetplayer
Move on
You Only Left Your Picture

http://www.musicglue.com/fashion-fabrique-deluxe/
omar
Room at the Top

Re: Fashion "Fabrique DeLuxe" Preorder Confirmed

Postby ZippY » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Hmmm ... still no Mutant Move 7 inch (B-side of Move On) or Let's Play Dirty 7 inch.
I also think the Love Shadow (Dub) is still missing or is this renamed?
Last edited by ZippY on Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm

I’m guessing Love Shadow (Dub) is the Love Shadow (US Promo
mix)
omar
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:40 pm

Way overpriced. I will wait and see if there is just a 4cd version without all the paraphernalia included if not i will be passing.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:44 pm

Same here. I’m just interested in the 4cds without all the glitzy stuff. I’m sure they’re going to push the boxset like mad.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:07 am

£15 postage as well. For that price is he going to be driving about delivering it to people :wink:
moni
Room at the Top

Postby drivel » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:33 am

It was suggested in the past that there would be a 3CD version (without the 2019 gig disk), and his Zee "Identity" release promisingly has lots of options including the individual CDs: https://www.musicglue.com/zee-1/

Dave Harris certainly takes his time releasing stuff, the notes for "Fabrique Deluxe" call it a 2019 release, while the Zee website has album artwork stating that "Identity" is a 2018 release (it was released May 2019).
drivel
Take On Me

Postby omar » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:47 am

Many people have ordered the boxset according to Fashion's Facebook page. I couldn't help it so i did it as well. Yes the price is steep and i'll probably kick myself for not waiting to see more format/buying options. But what the hell, it's a xmas gift to myself. One word of caution though.... using PayPal is a more secure means of payment, especially if you're outside the UK.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby drivel » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:46 am

Dave Harris has now posted "We’re going to look at a cheaper package, I’ll post as soon as I know...."

All the effort so far has obviously gone into making the boxset available, but I would imagine that creating a cheaper 3CD version from it would be fairly easy.
drivel
Take On Me

Postby ZippY » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:59 am

drivel wrote:Dave Harris has now posted "We’re going to look at a cheaper package, I’ll post as soon as I know...."

All the effort so far has obviously gone into making the boxset available, but I would imagine that creating a cheaper 3CD version from it would be fairly easy.

That will be the time for me to bite! :)
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:52 am

My esteem for this album is likely to make me buy the full monty ultrabox. Even with the tracks missing. But that would be the most expensive release I've ever bought. More than what I paid for the Prince SOTT ultrabox - which can't be matched, really.

So it looks like these are missing:
Mutant Move 7”
Let’s Play Dirty 7"
Mutant Move 12”
Street Mechanik 12”

The B-side to US “Love Shadow”12" is just a medley of three mixes; not essential, but out there.

I have not yet finished my project of CD-Rs because I wanted the Razormaid remix of "Streetplayer Mechanik” first. Still waiting on an affordable copy of that one. But my "Re-Fabricated" box was to also have the De Harris "Love Shadow" 7"/12" mixes, "White Stuff [the unfinished edit]" [from NME "Mighty Reel" cassette], and the Disconet "Fashionable Dubs."

If I am prepared to drop three solid figures for this [and I want to] I would be more eager to do it if I knew:

Was this a pressed CD or a CD-R?
Mastered from master tapes or vinyl?
Is the mastering brickwalled? [low dynamic range]

My own denoised vinyl rips are satisfactory to me. I would be disinclined to drop three figures on poor vinyl rips, brickwalled on CD-Rs. In fact, I’d be a little livid at dropping this much coin on something inferior to what I already have 96% ready to burn. Maybe I’ll wait until word gets out. And run the risk of it “selling out."
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby drivel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:30 am

postpunkmonk wrote:If I am prepared to drop three solid figures for this [and I want to] I would be more eager to do it if I knew:

The Zee ‎– Identity release is pressed CDs, and Fashion - Fabrique is bound to be many times more popular, so I'm sure it will be all pressed CDs again.
Dave Harris has stated that Fashion - Fabrique "...is now owned by Sony, and they have been really helpful regarding releasing and digitising the original tracks."
The Zee ‎– Identity release has not been brickwalled, and has a Dynamic Range value of 12 (more like a late 1980s CD pressing than a 2019 release!), so all looks promising.
drivel
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:35 am

drivel wrote:
postpunkmonk wrote:If I am prepared to drop three solid figures for this [and I want to] I would be more eager to do it if I knew:

The Zee ‎– Identity release is pressed CDs, and Fashion - Fabrique is bound to be many times more popular, so I'm sure it will be all pressed CDs again.
Dave Harris has stated that Fashion - Fabrique "...is now owned by Sony, and they have been really helpful regarding releasing and digitising the original tracks."
The Zee ‎– Identity release has not been brickwalled, and has a Dynamic Range value of 12 (more like a late 1980s CD pressing than a 2019 release!), so all looks promising.

This was all very good news.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby profil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:00 am

Finally - it's a great album and this edition has lots of awesome bonus tracks.

Already ordered.
Take On Me

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:13 am

I'm betting that the licensing fees that Harris no doubt had to pay Sony for the rights to release his own music probably factored into the relatively high cost. Bill Nelson had the same thing occur with "Getting The Holy Ghost Across" from CBS in the 2006. That Portrait album of 1986 had never been on CD and Nelson had to pay quite a bit to issue the initial CD of it on his Sonoluxe label, and that limited the numbers of it he could press up as well since he had to pay a royalty for every copy manufactured. I missed it initially but it was OOP in no time [mere months] and selling for outrageous sums, so caveat emptor. I will hope to be buying this in pre-release at some point.
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations