Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 30 "Finale"

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 30 "Finale"

Postby Gazebo Music » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:36 am

PLEASE READ as link will only be available for one week!

A very Merry Christmas to all the New Wave families around the globe!!!

Six months later, during a global pandemic, lockdowns etc. and here we are, we somehow made it! I can only hope the new year will see things get back to some sort of normalcy!

As promised, this will sadly be the final installment to what I must admit is a great collection of incredible 80s New Wave tracks from around the world! Some were so ahead of their time and yet still sound amazing today! After countless trips to my parents home where my collection is housed and going through loads of music, a total of 618 tracks were used to create the Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Series (30 Volumes, 8 Bonus Disc, 3 Bonus Tracks and a single Tribute Disc to commemorate Dave’s One Year leaving us!

I’m not going to lie, I am truly exhausted beyond words but at the same time thrilled to have been able to compile, restore and share these tracks with you all! I truly believe that some of the biggest 80s New Wave fans/collectors are right here in this NWO forum and I know this series will be as special to you as it is to myself! I will miss these Friday posts!!!

I especially want to thank all the members who from day one reached out to me with praise, feedback, opinions, suggestions etc. which in turn motivated me to keep going! I’m sure Rissan, MSK, Crichert, AJ Wave and many others doing their part to share and expose this music can relate!! This by no means is an easy task if done right!

Also and worth mentioning, my biggest thanks goes to my brother Ray who helped me track down some of rarest cds and records when I had given up! Couldn’t have done it without him!

Lastly, for the true completest, I have approximately 5 more Bonus Discs (3x regular versions, 2x Mixes) that did not make it on to the series because I simply ran out of time and space to include them. They are by no means poor tracks but rather awesome tracks that for whatever reasons couldn’t be added. If interested, I will post them New Year’s Eve and officially put the series to rest! They will simply be titled Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Bonus Discs “4”, “5”, “6”, “7” & "8"...

Take good care and I know somewhere down the road we’ll meet up again as there were still hundreds if not thousands of tracks that I could have easily added to this collection!

I hope you enjoy!

I have done my best to remaster all the tracks including those from CD's that needed a bit of tweaking. If I have used tracks that have appeared on others previous compilations, I apologize as this was not intentional! I had worked on these tracks quite some time ago and simply wanted to share them in lossless WAV format with the best sound possible.

Please, this in NO way is intended to take away sales from any of the artists included here but rather a way to discover or rediscover these timeless masterpieces as many of them have never officially appeared on CD or are long "Out Of Print". Please support these bands if they should have material available! They deserve all the credit!

“In Memory Of Dave “Swerve” Myrvold”

Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 30 "Finale"

01. Secession - The Magician (Freddy Bastone Remix) 546 (87)

!!!Exclusive!!!My HOLY GRAIL and possibly the same for every Secession fan! As many of you know, Secession has and still is one of my all-time favorite bands from the 80s! This damn record took me over 30 years to track down and according to Dave, this may be due to the fact that only 50 copies were ever pressed and intended for DJ’s and Radio Stations ONLY! I still can’t believe that there has never been a sound sample or posting for this particular mix ANYWHERE! Even without ever hearing the mix, I just knew Freddy would not disappoint! With that said and for the very first time on the internet, here is the fully remastered and extremely rare Freddy Bastone Remix of The Magician! In my opinion, So worth the wait!!! Never on CD)

02. Dorian Grey - Lonely Pride 457 (85)

(Not to be confused with the many other Dorian GRAY bands, this is the only track released by the American band Dorian GREY and extremely rare with possibly less than 50 copies pressed! Never on CD)

03. Takumi - Days Of Romance 445 (83)

(Quite possibly the finest 80s New Wave song to come out of Japan! Takumi only released one LP and it’s truly magnificent if you can find a copy! Never on CD)

04. Alternative Radio - First Night (Long Version) 651 (86)

(Like “Valley Of Evergreen”, This Long Version of “First Night” is just as magical! As mentioned earlier by Xymox970, their LP First Night is absolutely brilliant and sadly only a vinyl rip was re-issued! Never on CD)

05. Sons And Lovers - Every Indication 532 (85)

(This American band only released one incredible EP and is extremely sought after by 80s collectors everywhere! Never on CD)

06. Minor Detail - Canvas Of Life (12'' Maxi Promo) 500 (83)

(From Dublin, Ireland, Minor Detail was formed by brothers John and Willie Hughes! This by far was their biggest hit and surprisingly this official extended version was only released as a Promo record! Never on CD)

07. John King - Munich 420 (83)

(Legendary Rap producer from L.A. John King (Chung King Studios) actually started off sounding like this! A New Wave masterpiece and truly incredible! Never on CD)

08. 1000 OHM - Love In Motion (12'' Mix) 621 (84)

Belgian New Wave / Dance at its finest and hard to believe from 1983! So ahead of its time! Never on CD)

09. The Valley Forge - Fit To Fall (The Mix) 605 (86)

(Another rare beauty from the U.K.! Sadly they only released two E.P.’s and both are brilliant! Never on CD)

10. The Impolight - Changing (English Version) 600 (83)

(From Israel, The Impolight later became the band Siam which I featured on previous volumes! This Full Length English version has only appeared once on an official CD from Israel and extremely difficult to find!

11. Another Day - Afraid of Heights 520 (86)

(This American act only released two EP’s in the 80s and both are worth having in your collection! This is my personal fav from the two EP’s! Never on CD)

12. X-Press - Cliché (Special Remix Version) 606 (83)

(This awesome and obscure Canadian band only released one 12” and accompanying 7” which I featured on a previous volume. This Special Remix is simply awesome! Never on CD)

13. Catch 22 - Way Of Life (Flashback Mix) 441 (89)

(Our very own Toronto based band Catch 22 only released two 12” records and both are cover versions of two of my all-time favorite New Wave songs “Way Of Life” by The Puppets and “First-Last-For Everything” by Endgames! Go figure! I had the pleasure of meeting David Newfeld (now producer) and the band outside of Toronto's Much Music Studio on Queen St. back in the day after a performance they had done for Electric Circus! Never on CD)

14. A Day In Paris - Can't Look Away 407 (86)

(Keeping things Canadian (Vancouver, B.C), A Day in Paris were simply an incredible band that only released one Official EP and it’ a masterpiece if you can locate one! Every track on it is amazing! Never on CD)

15. Fantasia - Summer Fantasy 355 (88)

(This UK duo only released two LP’s and both are brilliant and extremely difficult to find! The track included here “Summer Fantasy” is truly a beautiful obscure 80s gem! Never on CD)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ef3mm91Cjv

(Bonus Track) Secession - The Magician (Gazebo Mix) 508 (87)

(Ok, having finally found the record after 30 years, I just couldn’t resist taking a stab at my own Remix/Edit so please go easy on me lol! What’s special to me about this mix is it contains parts from every official version! I took bits and pieces from the Original Version/Remix/Dub/Acapella etc. and put them all together to form one mix! Never on CD)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eRK-z_ ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by Gazebo Music on Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Re: Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 30 "Final

Postby crichert » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Such a wonderful Christmas surprise Paul, thank you!

What a year 2020 has been, at times scary and uncertain, while other times there were rays of sunshine and hope. Like several others on NWO, these posts have helped make this year manageable! I can't thank you enough for all the countless hours you've spent curating these fantastic songs! Dave is looking down right now and smiling!

Merry Christmas buddy and have cheers to 2021!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:35 pm

All good things have to come and end but if you decide to come back with future volumes, I am sure none of us would mine. :D What an amazing 30 volumes plus bonuses for this incredible series. Like Cory mentioned, this has been a tough year and I looked forward to every Friday for the past several months to see a post by "Gazebo". One of the few bright spots for 2020. Anyways, a big THANK YOU to you Paul and I know Dave would have approved every single one of these volumes. Also, Merry Christmas to you and all my friends here on the the NWOutpost!!!
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby retromusic » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Merry Christmas, Paul, and thanks again for all your work on this project :)
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby telekon3 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Thank you for all of the work that you've put into these now not so hidden gems.
It is crazy to think I've been listening to your Digital 80s series for over 20 years.
I still have the memory of opening the box with the CD-Rs and the bright colored labels with the cone, sphere and square printed on them.
Thank you and everyone that has helped you to share these wonderful gems with us.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:19 am

I hope you retire from this series like A-ha retires. :lol: Some utterly amazing tracks on this volume.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Fred80s » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:32 am

What an amazing Christmas gift! thanks, Paul.
And thank's for all your efforts in putting together the best comps around!
Last edited by Fred80s on Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby synthwavefan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:54 am

Thank you Paul! You have brightened our dim year. Merry Christmas!
synthwavefan
Take On Me

Postby xymox970 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:09 pm

So many nice surprises on the last, long awaited volume of this exceptional series.

So......it looks like Secession was the THE BIG ONE, that big elusive record it took you 30 years to find......

Forgive me for saying that, but by the tone you announced it, I thought it was really gonna be some truly well-known established name
belonging to an 80s music royalty category and one of those kind of 80s rarities, like for example, I thought it was going to be
the ever-so elusive Sound Shower 1984 mix of Careless Whisper - guess thats just my inner George Michael voice speaking from within as usual......
and the timing would be just about fitting.....

It seems that I forgot that this is an rarities / obscurities 80s group after all...... :D ......where the focus primarily is on such artists and their releases, as it should be......

Still, just like Digital 80s and not Lost But Not Forgotten, here is hoping that 2021 brings us yet another series in this direction....

Thank you, Paul, for all your hard work. :)
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby WLR » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:53 am

What a wonderful series this has been, thank you Paul for all your hard work.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby Rissan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:34 am

Thank you Gaz for the amazing music you brought us over the years. I am to late for the Christmas wishes, but I wish you a good and normal 2021.
I respect your decision and am considering your suggestion.

Looking forward to the New Year’s Eve post.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby Clalberg » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi and happy new year to all! It’s possible for someone to reup these files? Thanks in advance
Clalberg
Switchin' to Glide

Postby magnum » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Gazebo Music wrote:

04. Alternative Radio - First Night (Long Version) 651 (86)
(Like “Valley Of Evergreen”, This Long Version of “First Night” is just as magical! As mentioned earlier by Xymox970, their LP First Night is absolutely brilliant and sadly only a vinyl rip was re-issued! Never on CD)

06. Minor Detail - Canvas Of Life (12'' Maxi Promo) 500 (83)
(From Dublin, Ireland, Minor Detail was formed by brothers John and Willie Hughes! This by far was their biggest hit and surprisingly this official extended version was only released as a Promo record! Never on CD)

heard the 7" version of the Alterative radio track ["valley of the evergreen" is a classic] but not the 12"

Canvas of Life,,,,,,now this is a classic!!!! its bewildering to think this never breached the UK top100 singles chart on its release in 83.
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Thank you for sharing these excellent compilations here. Your time and work on them are very appreciated.
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central