Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Japan - 7" Single Mixes

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Japan - 7" Single Mixes

Postby CharlburyF1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:52 am

A strange anomaly amongst all the Japan compilations that have been released over the years since the band parted company is that the 7" mixes of "Nightporter",
"The Art Of Parties" and "Gentleman Take Polaroids" have never been included on any of them. Nightporter's b-side the alternate mix of "Ain't That Peculiar" has also been omitted from these compilations and is unique to the UK single release. Other unique mixes also include the video edits of "Nightporter" and "Swing".

These anomalies has now been rectified.

All tracks in FLAC

NIGHTPORTER (UK 7" Single)
https://mega.nz/file/HAxSTQQL#PzHNF-ud2 ... vNxnpH-6wo

VIDEO EDITS
https://mega.nz/file/uRZ2gTCJ#_C3NlRg6W ... JOI7Mps2-c

POLAROIDS & PARTIES
https://mega.nz/file/KVRD3CDa#jN4KXv7h3 ... vg3wwzikyg

Have a good week everyone,

Rob
CharlburyF1
Take On Me

Re: Japan - 7" Single Mixes

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:28 am

Thanks for share mate:
Some time ago someone made a post about these versions that never appeared in official compilations of the band.
I remember made some edits Gentlemen, Quiet Life and Swing (which I remember took time) and cleaning up a pretty cracky version of Nightporter 7" mix.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby CharlburyF1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:11 am

AJWAVE wrote:Thanks for share mate:
Some time ago someone made a post about these versions that never appeared in official compilations of the band.
I remember made some edits Gentlemen, Quiet Life and Swing (which I remember took time) and cleaning up a pretty cracky version of Nightporter 7" mix.

Your welcome, yes my copy of Nightporter was pretty dreadful too, I must be honest I bought the single for the b-side.

Rob
CharlburyF1
Take On Me

Postby humanracer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:21 am

Thanks
But some corrections, thanks to Paul Rymer's http://www.nightporter.co.uk/pages/japansongs.html

Gentlemen Take Polaroids
Single version (3.28), 7" single A side and also included in the "Cantonese Boy" double pack. Available on two various artists compilation CD's - Poptronica Romance (1999) and Electropop Essentials (2002), both US releases on Rhino.

Nightporter
Single version (5.02) on the UK 7" single and Japanese 12" EP. Available on the various artists CD "A Kick Up The 80s".
DJ edit (3.38) on the promotional 7" single, and it is also the soundtrack to the music video. Available on the various artists CD "Into The Blue".

Art of Parties
Single version (3.49) on the 7" single in all countries except Spain. Available on the various artists CD "Dance The Alternative Vol.2".
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby CharlburyF1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:18 am

humanracer wrote:Thanks
But some corrections, thanks to Paul Rymer's http://www.nightporter.co.uk/pages/japansongs.html

Gentlemen Take Polaroids
Single version (3.28), 7" single A side and also included in the "Cantonese Boy" double pack. Available on two various artists compilation CD's - Poptronica Romance (1999) and Electropop Essentials (2002), both US releases on Rhino.

Nightporter
Single version (5.02) on the UK 7" single and Japanese 12" EP. Available on the various artists CD "A Kick Up The 80s".
DJ edit (3.38) on the promotional 7" single, and it is also the soundtrack to the music video. Available on the various artists CD "Into The Blue".

Art of Parties
Single version (3.49) on the 7" single in all countries except Spain. Available on the various artists CD "Dance The Alternative Vol.2".

A strange anomaly amongst all the Japan compilations that have been released over the years since the band parted company is that the 7" mixes of "Nightporter",
"The Art Of Parties" and "Gentleman Take Polaroids" have never been included on any of them. Nightporter's b-side the alternate mix of "Ain't That Peculiar" has also been omitted from these compilations and is unique to the UK single release. Other unique mixes also include the video edits of "Nightporter" and "Swing".

Slightly puzzled by your corrections, none of the tracks I have posted have ever appeared on a Japan compilation album, so what's your point?
CharlburyF1
Take On Me

Postby omar » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:51 am

... and what about the 12" remix of Nightporter which times in at 6:48min? i think it might've appeared on one of those 12"/80s cds before.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:21 am

omar wrote:... and what about the 12" remix of Nightporter which times in at 6:48min? i think it might've appeared on one of those 12"/80s cds before.

Yeah it's on here
https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Bes ... ase/660848
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby CharlburyF1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:27 pm

omar wrote:... and what about the 12" remix of Nightporter which times in at 6:48min? i think it might've appeared on one of those 12"/80s cds before.

What about the 12" remix of Nightporter, it appeared on the compilation "Exorcising Ghosts" a Japan compilation, so what's your point?
CharlburyF1
Take On Me

Postby humanracer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:43 pm

CharlburyF1 wrote:

What about the 12" remix of Nightporter, it appeared on the compilation "Exorcising Ghosts" a Japan compilation, so what's your point?

Actually It has never appeared on a Japan compilation actually.

Album version on "Gentlemen Take Polaroids" and "The Very Best Of Japan"

Steve Nye remix (6.49) on the UK 12" single, the European "Japan Sylvian Sakamoto" EP and "The Best of 12" Synth Gold Vol.2" various artists CD.

"Live" version on "Oil On Canvas". It is not really a live version, as anyone who has bootlegs will know, as it is quite different to the way the song was played in concert.

Exorcising Ghosts version - this is the same as the original version but has an earlier fade.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:46 pm

Thank you for these. I'm just starting to listen to them and so far I like what I hear.
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:55 am

Very clean sound, thank you Rob! Strange those were never accounted for on any band-related release and only appeared on scattered various artists CDs over the years. I know bands seldom like the single/radio mixes but those were essential for listeners so why shun them? Especially when labels are so short of money nowadays. Like they don't know how to do their business, really!
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Uvox » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:29 am

Passing_Stranger wrote: labels are so short of money nowadays. Like they don't know how to do their business, really!

Oh what an obsolete opinion.....
check IFPI 2019 report -
https://www.ifpi.org/wp-content/uploads ... 019-en.pdf

they know how to do business. 2020 is surely a crisis year, figures will not be that impressive.
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby AudioChimp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:45 am

posted about a month ago and already links are dead :(
AudioChimp
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:42 am

AudioChimp wrote:posted about a month ago and already links are dead :(

pm PLS
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby AJWAVE » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 pm

MIni LP style artwork done:
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central