Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

MADNESS

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

MADNESS

Postby chotty » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:57 am

Let's get a board going for the BEST thing outta England since the Beatles - MADNESS!
I saw them on the pier in NYC - all 7 members with a string quartet.
They were awesome. Their popularity wanned as they matured in UK, but i think the music got BETTER. Great writers and boy, Mark Bedford was a kick-butt bass player!
-Right up there with Sir Horrace Gentleman of The Specials!
For the uninitiated, "Seven" is a helluva album.

"Don't watch that, watch THIS"!
chotty
Running Up That Hill

Postby mygreen » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:24 pm

I, myself wouldn't say that Madness was the 2nd best thing to come out of England - Duran Duran was but that's my opinion. I do like Madness - Our house was such a tongue and cheek song. Whatever happened to them?
mygreen
The Jet Set

Postby yipyipcoyote » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:56 am

I'd like to know when [i]Singles Box Vol.2[/i] is coming out
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby 2Nu » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:21 am

I'm STILL trying to track down a mp3 of a kickass 12" remix of 'My Uncle Sam' which I heard only in the local LI clubs (Malibu, 007) and on WLIR's live club broadcasts on Saturday night from the late '80s to the mid '90's.
That particular version of MUS
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:30 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by mygreen[/i]
<br>I, myself wouldn't say that Madness was the 2nd best thing to come out of England - Duran Du
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby ExRat » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:24 am

They recently reformed and there was a play in London's West End about the band. No word on a tour though. Have to agree that Madness were AWESOME! One of my faves.[:p]
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby more than this » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:55 am

I must watch myself around Madness. If I'm already in a good mood and "Wings Of A Dove" comes on, well I'll start dancing on the ceiling and generally making an ass out of myself! They are one of those all-time great bands that have tons of good songs.
more than this
Personal Jesus

Postby Borneojimy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:32 am

Yeah, Madness! One of the few bands out of the two tone revival that managed more than one good LP! Other than the songs already mentioned, I always liked "Baggy Trousers" & "House Of Fun". No clue what they're doing these days though. Maybe a future epis
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby MARV » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:01 am

I saw them in New York City at Irving Plaza in like 1998-1999. AWESOME show - just incredible. All the humor and energy they had back in the day. I even met them and got autographs after the show [8D]
MARV
Room at the Top

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?