Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Anyone interested in cd-r copies of 80's music????

Post your vinyl, CD's or memorabilia for sale or your wants list here (no CD-R's please).

Anyone interested in cd-r copies of 80's music????

Postby DJJEFFCLARKE » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:14 pm

Hey gang, I can make cd-r copies of just about anything from the 80's. I have an immense amount of 80's music. I dont have EVERYTHING mind you, but i do have an awful lot. I cant make "custom" comp cd's(where you pick like 20 different songs and they go on cd). I just dont have time for that. But, I can make you copies of alot of your favorite 80's bands/cd's.

I will sell them for 3.00 a piece or I can trade them for other music.

LMK.

Cd's I just got in(that are available on copy-I have more than this, just letting you know):

MTV's 120 minutes
Phil Collins-the hits
skid row
fleetwood mac-greatest hits
ABC-2oth millenium edition(greatest hits)
bauhaus-79-82
motley crue-Dr Feelgood
Van Halen-Fair Warning
Whitesnake-greatest hits
DJJEFFCLARKE
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ekahob » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:53 pm

That's a great list!

I forwarded your post to the RIAA. They will be contacting you soon.
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby DJJEFFCLARKE » Sun May 01, 2005 4:37 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by ekahob[/i]
<br>That's a great list!

I forwarded your post to the RIAA. They will be contacting you soon.
[/quote]
Consider yourself "reported" as well.

Hey, great "illegal" downloadable songs on your blog too. Im sure you too will be hearin from the happy folks @ the RIAA??? I've taken the liberty of forwarding both your "blog"& email addresses to them(I knew you wouldn't mind).

Really??? I'm glad you did. I'd like to have a few words with them as well myself. I also forwarded them your email address &"blog" page where you have "illegal" downloads of music available for anyone to take and do the same thing you're apparently accusing me of doing??. Are the nice folks at the RIAA aware of your "blog" and your illegal use of mp3 download's there???Do the bands from those downloads get paid by you if someone copies them from your "blog"??? if not, then are they still aware their "copywritten" material is avilable for free(this sounds like napster to me)or a charge on your site??? Couldn't people download the stuff from your site and turn around and sell it to someone else??? Nice to know we have a guy with his own P2P network on here. At no time did I say anything about "downloading" songs did I??? no I did not, I dont do that. Im sure youve taped a few movies or something off tv in your lifetime as well??? ill be sure to pass your name along to those folks. I dont "download" songs, I just dont(unlike someone I know). So, we've BOTH broken the law?? Nice try smartass. May I suggest in the future, you know the difference between "downloading" and "copying" material??? You've done it too. Taping your favorite song(s) off the radio?? or a video off MTV??? or a Movie??? or a sporting event???or sold something youve gotten for free for a buck or 3??? I hate people like you. Hypocrites. I guess it's different for me and you right??? I meant no harm in trading or selling some copies of cd's for all to enjoy. As Im sure you meant no harm in stealing money from artists on your website/blog???

I want to ask you: do you think they'll be more inclined to go after me??? or someone like yourself who has "illegal" downloads/mp3's on your "blog"??? I especially like the part where you say:(here's a link to his site so you canall see it too)It's the same thing you're doing that I'm apparently doing.

http://lostbands.blogspot.com/
http://lostbands.blogspot.com/2005/03/b ... l#comments

About This Page-

"The purpose of this site is to give exposure to great music that never had a chance to be heard but should have. My goal is to share these relatively unknown bands and send you on a desperate search to find hard-to-find, expensive singles and lps. If you are the creator or copyright owner of a song and would like me to remove the file, please let me know. (It is not my intention to violate copyrights)".

-Sure it is, otherwise you wouldnt have them on your site???? oh wait, you didnt "know" that was wrong???? hypocrite. Aren't you doing the same thing?? what If I emailed all the label's of those bands you have "illegal" mp3's for and told them that??? Tell you what sport, I think I'll do just that.
DJJEFFCLARKE
Switchin' to Glide

Postby fritzb » Mon May 02, 2005 6:07 am

I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to interject myself into this pissing contest, but I think DJJEFFCLARKE, you are missing a very significant distinction between what you are offering vs. what ekohob offers.

DJJEFFCLARKE, you are offering to sell bootleg copies of CDs that are readily available for sale at any CD store and are therefore depriving the artists and their labels of a potential sales.

Ekohob on the other hand offers free downloads of songs of obscure forgotten artists that are long out of print and likely to remain so. No artists or labels are being hurt by these downloads because they are not making any money off these recordings anyway.

In my experience, these long forgotten artists are not angry about these free downloads. In fact, they are usually delighted to hear that anyone even remembers their material and cares about it.
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Mon May 02, 2005 7:38 am

Totally agree with you, fritzb. Hands Down, the two are worlds different
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby waukena » Mon May 02, 2005 7:59 am

and, from my dealings here with ekahob, I think perhaps he was just having a bit of fun...so maybe lighten up a bit DJJ?

Also, if you read the header to this group, it kinda says no cd-r right up front...
waukena
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon May 02, 2005 8:23 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by waukena[/i]
<br>and, from my dealings here with ekahob, I think perhaps he was just having a bit of fun...so maybe lighten up a bit DJJ?

Also, if you read the header to this group, it kinda says no cd-r right up front...
[/quote]

And this is the NEW WAVE OUTPOST; the following don't fit into that description

Phil Collins-the hits
skid row
fleetwood mac-greatest hits
motley crue-Dr Feelgood
Van Halen-Fair Warning
Whitesnake-greatest hits
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Jason² » Mon May 02, 2005 9:24 am

*sits back and eats popcorn*
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby DJJEFFCLARKE » Mon May 02, 2005 12:40 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by fritzb[/i]
<br>I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to interject myself into this pissing contest, but I think DJJEFFCLARKE, you are missing a very significant distinction between what you are offering vs. what ekohob offers.

DJJEFFCLARKE, you are offering to sell bootleg copies of CDs that are readily available for sale at any CD store and are therefore depriving the artists and their labels of a potential sales.

Ekohob on the other hand offers free downloads of songs of obscure forgotten artists that are long out of print and likely to remain so. No artists or labels are being hurt by these downloads because they are not making any money off these recordings anyway.

In my experience, these long forgotten artists are not angry about these free downloads. In fact, they are usually delighted to hear that anyone even remembers their material and cares about it.

[/quote]

Ummm...no, he's allowing people to come onto his "blog" and "steal" music. No other way to explain it. Im well aware of the differences in what I offered and what he's doing. There are no excuses. It's fine for him to offer links to these "unknown bands" and then people could go there and listen to their music(it would be legal then because they'd be going through their website). Not "illegal" like he has it. As I said, ANYONE can go on his blog, download those songs and they, along with him, would also be breaking the copyright laws(take a gander at the RIAA's website). I doubt any or all of the artists he has these "free downloads" of on his site have gotten a penny from this guy???? so, it's safe to say then thay he has contributed to the stealing of copywritten material???? There's differences between the 2, but make it known, YES, he is breaking the copyright laws as well when he puts up "COPYRIGHTED" material on his site.

Would you feel the same way and say"well what he's doing is different" if you werent getting paid for your work??? maybe you'd think differently if you were in one of the bands he has links to their music of???? I doubt you'd be so willing to "overlook" it????
DJJEFFCLARKE
Switchin' to Glide

Postby DJJEFFCLARKE » Mon May 02, 2005 12:43 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by fritzb[/i]
<br>Ekohob on the other hand offers free downloads of songs of obscure forgotten artists that are long out of print and likely to remain so. No artists or labels are being hurt by these downloads because they are not making any money off these recordings anyway.

[/quote]

Do you know this for sure???? Ill bet if I asked people at their labels they'd be singing a different tune???? . Besides, if they arent "being hurt", then why say you'd remove them from your site if they were in violation of copyright theft???? he admits that he did it.
DJJEFFCLARKE
Switchin' to Glide

Postby DJJEFFCLARKE » Mon May 02, 2005 12:44 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by waukena[/i]
<br>and, from my dealings here with ekahob, I think perhaps he was just having a bit of fun...so maybe lighten up a bit DJJ?

[/quote]

Why should I "lighten up"??? do labels see that what he did as "having fun" or "joking around"?? no, they see that as blatant illegal song stealing.
DJJEFFCLARKE
Switchin' to Glide

Postby waukena » Mon May 02, 2005 1:07 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by DJJEFFCLARKE[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by waukena[/i]

[/quote]

Why should I "lighten up"??? do labels see that what he did as "having fun" or "joking around"?? no, they see that as blatant illegal song stealing.
[/quote]

hmmm...good answer, if you're trying to spin away from the initial issue...As I see it...
1. It says right up front on this board 'NO CD_R PLEASE' IT'S EVEN NICE ABOUT IT!
2. The shit you're peddling, for the most part, has nothing to do with this board...
3. I have 50 GIG of 80's stuff that I routinely GIVE to people here for the asking, as does ekahob and everyone else here...we don't rty and nickel and dime our friends here with not even Ebay quality crap...
4. you started this thread, and were wrong to do it, so don't wag your finger at those who merely pointed out your ongoing error...

DJ, we're all friends here...we have our moments but at the end of the day we all look out for each other...tell me exactly how you're fitting in to that...and don't say ekahob started it, because that's nonsense...don't shit where you eat, man...just my opinion...
waukena
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Mon May 02, 2005 1:28 pm

I have yet to see Ekabob post a song that is commerically available for sale anywhere. Most songs have been out of print for 20 or more years. He also provides links whenever possible to places to legitimately buy any available music by these artists. If the labels and artists in question really looked into it, they should thank him (or even pay him) for the free promotion. They are making money through his efforts.

You, on the other hand are simply looking to make a buck off someone else's work. That's theft pure and simple.

It is obvious to everyone else here there is a clear distinction. I can't help it if you are too obtuse to see it.
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Jason² » Mon May 02, 2005 4:21 pm

Hey DJ JEFF CLARKE...

who is Josh White?
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Big Josh Studd » Mon May 02, 2005 4:54 pm

It does not matter if this person sells or does not sell d/l's on his site. Problem is, he's contributing to the act. Other people can go on there and download that stuff and then turn around and sell it. Im not saying either person's right or wrong, but if you think one did it and the other did not, you're all wrong. This person knows he's using copyrighted material, he even has a disclaimer on there saying he'll take it down if he needs to. That admits guilt. Not picking sides, because I think both are wrong, i am just saying, neither should be complaining about the other, they're both guilty of the stuff the riaa is talking about.
Big Josh Studd
Running Up That Hill

Next

Return to Marketplace