Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Help a girl out with some new stuff

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Postby Horrorgrrl » Thu May 19, 2005 8:27 pm

Oh, also check out another band - The Futureheads.

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby lbworshiper » Fri May 20, 2005 11:59 am

Someone mentioned it but Arcade Fire, Funeral is simply the greatest album in years, a masterpiece. A review coming soon to a topic near you.
lbworshiper
Take On Me

Postby Horrorgrrl » Fri May 20, 2005 2:49 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by lbworshiper[/i]
<br>Someone mentioned it but Arcade Fire, Funeral is simply the greatest album in years, a masterpiece. A review coming soon to a topic near you.
[/quote]

Yes - I wholeheartedly agree. This was one of my top five albums of 2004. Can't wait to hear more from them.

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby ghosty » Sat May 21, 2005 11:28 am

The Futureheads are great! Like The Jam and XTC forming a supergroup! I love "Robot", "Meantime" and their cover of "Hounds Of Love".
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby hexicon » Sat May 21, 2005 3:05 pm

Oooh, just downloaded VHS or Beta. Fab! (I'm supposed to be having a girls' night but the movie we're watching sucks!)
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby DavePlym » Sat May 21, 2005 5:58 pm

For me it's the Kaiser Chiefs, who must be XTC's love children!
I played their lp followed by XTC's Black Sea. Noticeable similarities, but for the best reasons. Sorry to annoy a few people here, but some of the current 'retro' bands are just noise and energy with no tune. At least with Franz Ferdinand, kaiser chiefs and the Delays you can hum the songs for hours afterwards. Perhaps i'm getting old and am going off the blistering wall of guitar noise that's out there (actually I never really liked it).
Anyway, if you pick 3 bands to splash out the cash for, make it these three and you'll want to put me in your will for the suggestions,
luv david
DavePlym
Take On Me

Postby Horrorgrrl » Sun May 22, 2005 8:42 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by DavePlym[/i]
<br>For me it's the Kaiser Chiefs, who must be XTC's love children!
I played their lp followed by XTC's Black Sea. Noticeable similarities, but for the best reasons. Sorry to annoy a few people here, but some of the current 'retro' bands are just noise and energy with no tune. At least with Franz Ferdinand, kaiser chiefs and the Delays you can hum the songs for hours afterwards. Perhaps i'm getting old and am going off the blistering wall of guitar noise that's out there (actually I never really liked it).
Anyway, if you pick 3 bands to splash out the cash for, make it these three and you'll want to put me in your will for the suggestions,
luv david
[/quote]

If you're an XTC fan, you might want to check out a new band called The Veils and their new album "The Runaway Found". The lead singer is Andy's (XTC) son. Of course, they have their own original sound, but definitely influenced by XTC and Shriekback.

Tess[8D]
Horrorgrrl
The Jet Set

Postby manekineko » Sat May 28, 2005 10:03 am

I just got turned on to Wolfsheim - Once In a Lifetime, at a club on new wave night. I LOVE the song and can't wait to hear more from them.
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby ru480s2 » Sat May 28, 2005 11:16 pm

And I... like it too.
ru480s2
Personal Jesus

Postby manekineko » Sun May 29, 2005 1:57 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by ru480s2[/i]
<br>And I... like it too.
[/quote]

Did you type that with an Irish accent in your voice? You made me think of an Irish Spring commercial.
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Sun May 29, 2005 2:05 am

Did U get those 2 mp3 files Paula?[8)]
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby manekineko » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:34 am

Yes, Rich, I got them ALL! Thank you very much! They are all great, but I especially like the ones by Scarlet Fantastic, ATB, Iio, The Lovebite, and Ampersand. I love getting turned on to new music! You're so nice! [:D]
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:19 am

Glad to be of service M'Lady[;)]
Too bad you can't join us on the hub, there's plenty more where those tunes came from! [^]
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby manekineko » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:00 am

Yeah, I'm so mad because hubby won't let me get on the hub [:(!], especially now since no invitation is required to join. He has security issues... ([:)])
manekineko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:02 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by manekineko[/i]
<br>Yeah, I'm so mad because hubby won't let me get on the hub [:(!], especially now since no invitation is required to join. He has security issues... ([:)])
[/quote]
Hey I'm going to Freeport Wednesday and Bar Harbor Thursday. Should I just drop off my hard drive on the way?!!! [:p]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to Next Wave