Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What Became Of The Jags?

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

What Became Of The Jags?

Postby newwavepopman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:32 pm

Anyone know what the band members to this excellent New Wave group have been doing since their breakup back in 1981? I'm just curious seeing how they came and went so fast.And what great albums they put out at the time.Their second LP may have gotton some pretty bad and mixed reviews,but I've always like it anyway.Can't help it when a band does such a great 60's cover like The Jags did with The Tremeloes hit "Here Comes My Baby"

My favorite songs on the Evening Standars album are not only their hit "Back of My Hand" but I also love "Single Vision" as well.But I prfer their 12inch version over their album version,which was quite different,and the 12 inch version while not very long,did get some radio airplay back then.Desert Island Discs is also another favorite of mine by them.Does anyone happen to know of any websites on the band or at least a website or two that has some information on the group? Thanks.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby firefall » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:50 am

Jags' two albums were perfect examples of english well played power pop.In my mind come also Yachts,Records and Bram Tchaikovsky.But Jags had the ability to create small,smart and bittersweet songs as the ideal atmosphere to someone who is young,troubled
firefall
Personal Jesus

Postby unguarded moment » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:49 am

"Evening Standards"-One of the more impressive New Wave debuts. The title song and "Desert Island Discs" are favorites, along with, of course, the classic "Back of My Hand", which, strangely, I've heard in three slightly different versions-LP version, Rh
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby ekahob » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:06 am

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000255OV/ericacticecom">The collection is a bargain at Amazon</a> and it's excellent!
ekahob
The Jet Set

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?