Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Baby Buddha

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Baby Buddha

Postby Ollie Stench » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:52 am

I just scored a copy of Baby Buddha's "Music For Teenage Sex" on the Posh Boy label. Can anyone tell me anything about them?
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Plata66 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:28 am

Ollie I have the same intiguing release. Here's what trouser press has to say.
http://www.trouserpress.com/entry.php?a=los_microwaves
Plata66
Take On Me

Postby Momotaro » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:40 am

What do you know...I have the Baby Buddha lp on vinyl as well; Picked it up only three years ago, based on remembering it from a Posh Boy ad in one of the early 80's Trouser Press issues. Also have the Los Microwaves Life after breakfast lp mentioned in
Momotaro
Take On Me

Postby Plata66 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:39 pm

I was trying to remember who Baby Budha reminded me of and it came to me ,they and "the Silicon Teens" are quite a bit alike. Have you heard of them?
http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/h-son/cd/ ... rties.html
Plata66
Take On Me

Postby Momotaro » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:47 pm

Yes I have that one by Silicon Teens - - they ARE similar lps as they both are a synth act doing a lot of covers of 'oldies', with some oddball originals thrown in. Silicon Teens was actually a one-man act, the founder the founder of the Mute label, if I
Momotaro
Take On Me

Postby Bob-O » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:26 am

Silicon Teens had 2 singles and the LP "Music For Parties". It was Daniel Miller aka The Normal (Warm Leatherette / TVOD).

Another similar band was The Flying Lizards... lots of quirky electronic covers of old songs.

Nash The Slash also put out an
Bob-O
Take On Me

Postby Plata66 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:06 am

Yo!Ollie I'm right there with you. I have EVERYTHING by the Flying lizards except the Notorious hard to come by "The Fourth Wall" I have some singles from it but not the whole thing, I'd Love to get hold of the it but even on E-Bay it's quite a bit. How
Plata66
Take On Me

Postby Momotaro » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:31 am

Flying Lizards and Telex - - fantastic. For some reason the discussion of these acts got me to pull out my copy of Landscape's "From the Tearooms of Mars...." Has anyone ever heard it? No covers, I'm afraid, but plenty of bizarre early 80's synth. I be
Momotaro
Take On Me

Postby proufo » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:09 am

[quote]Originally posted by bpdp3
[br]Flying Lizards and Telex - - fantastic. For some reason the discussion of these acts got me t
proufo
Take On Me

Postby Bob-O » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:56 am

I had Telex's "Looking for St tropez", "Sex", and "Neurovision" lps years ago and lost them in a breakup with a girlfriend. I've been able to replace Neurovision (sealed copy off of ebay for $11US) but the other 2 are proving very difficult to find.

S
Bob-O
Take On Me

Postby proufo » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:11 am

[quote]Originally posted by Ollie Stench
[br]I had Telex's "Looking for St tropez", "Sex", and "Neurovision" lps years ago and lost them in a breakup with a girlfriend. I've been able to replace Neurovision (sealed copy off of ebay for $11US) but
proufo
Take On Me

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?