Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

DJ David Bassin

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

DJ David Bassin

Postby leipsic » Fri May 30, 2003 4:22 pm

David Bassin was a legendary SF Bay Area obscure 80's DJ who was clued in to the latest and greatest underground New Wave groups of the time.

He had a late night radio show out of San Rafael, Marin County called Drastic Plastic. I have an MP3 of the intro, "Your ears are about to enter into another dimension. A dimension that lies somewhere between daylight and darkness, between sleeping and waking, between reality and illusion. For the next three hours, KTIM presents another musical perspective, the voice of the underground. And we call it Drastic Plastic..."

He also DJ's for KUSF, USF radio and KALX, UC Berkeley radio.

Anyone heard of him or know whatever happened to David Bassin? He shaped my musical tastes forever!
leipsic
Running Up That Hill

Postby Jason² » Sat May 31, 2003 4:52 am

This couldn't be the same David Bassin that used to work at Enigma/Mute, Nettwerk/IRS and managed the club (that i can't remember the name of) at the corner of Hollywood and Vine....

is it?
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby bohemianboy » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:54 am

I would guess that it probably is the same David Bassin that went on from DJ to working at those record labels and managing the club. It sounds like quite a likely trajectory for someone already "ahead of the curve."

Do you have any idea, Where is he
bohemianboy
Running Up That Hill

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?