Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SHARE: 7" collections - Yello

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: SHARE: 7" collections - FoxxVox & Midge Ure

Postby retromusic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:15 pm

Many thanks for the singles updates and for the Ultravox! files.
Very much appreciated, V.
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby Rissan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:13 am

You can add an extra release to the FoxxVox & Midge ure list.

Last weekend The Steven Wilson 12" re-mixes was released during RSD.
https://www.discogs.com/release/3045363 ... 2-Re-Mixes
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Guys, thank you very much for the nice words and suggestions, it's truly appreciated. Feels really good to see positive reactions to my efforts - keep 'em up! :D
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:48 am

Poyns wrote:This page is fantastic. Thank you PS for your dedication.

A couple of points - not criticisms at all, just additional info.

One little Numan thing. My Car Slides 1 seven-inch fades out as the bass drum is going and you can just hear the car revving up at the end. The version you have been given fades out too early. I don't have my vinyl any more but maybe I can whip you a .flac up from the Warriors original CD. I will try. O yes, One little other thing. Puppets did not fade out on the seven inch single of I Still Remember that I had. It was the same as the twelve-inch.

An OMD point. There is a version of Never Turn Away exclusive to the seven-inch picture disc. It runs approx 4.27 and has a different synth line at the end. I have only got a poor quality mp3 of it (PM me if you'd like it but it IS poor quality) but it is a really, really good version of the song. Just though I would mention in case you (or anyone else here) have never heard it.

Thank you once again for all these. It is really very special.

Thank you for kind words, Poyns! I've never heard the picture disc mix of "Never Turn Away". Hopefully a good-sounding copy will come my way sooner or later.

As for Numan B-sides, interesting thing re: "Puppets" - I have a download with the short version (very crackly vinyl rip) that's tagged as 7" version. I did a comparison and turns out it's simply a fade-out. Also Discogs states the 7" has a short version. Maybe there were two 7" releases, one with full version and one with fade-out?
As for "My car slides 1", I have this edition of "Warriors", will check the version ASAP, thank you for alerting me.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Re: SHARE: 7" collections - Yello

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:13 am

Guys, the thread is a very UK-centric, which is understandable, but for the time being let's leave for the continent - next installments will cover some important bands from Europe. First one is Yello - not for any particular reason it's just I'm more ready to start with them. Must admit, I had a hard time getting into them, they're quite out of ordinary. Also, their discography is damn complicated, especially in the early years, but over the years I managed it (not for all albums equally, but for those from the 1980s - definitely). Also they're great masters of instrumental music, I adore their efforts, it's peak musicianship.

So I really had to this collection - not least because I gathered all the right and necessary versions. They're mostly from vinyls and early Cds, so the sound is nice overall. I only had to use the UK single version of "Desire" from the recent source which you sadly can tell - so if anybody has a better-sounding version, please get in touch. Otherwise it's all here in chronological order as usual. I took the UK order of releases as a reference point, with unique Euopean releases also represented. So have fun!

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/21dhXSjQ#4WCKb3tMeDUGRRempklRZg

P.S. Also please check their chartography on my blog: https://chart-collector.blogspot.com/20 ... yello.html
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 am

Thank you for putting this together.
I've been listening to Yello for so long now. (Ralph Records days)
I remember when Stella came out... I used play Stella for all my "Rocker" friends.
They used to refer to Yello- Stella as the New Wave Pink Floyd.

One of the greatest headphone albums of the 80s.
Maybe of all-time!
Last edited by telekon3 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby PKPN » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:28 pm

Nice! Thanks!

I've sent a PM with some updates for Yello. (You used the video edit of "Lost Again", and only one of the three single versions of "I Love You".)
PKPN
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central