Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Duran Duran - Future Past - Out 22/10/2021

Duran Duran - Future Past - Out 22/10/2021

Postby Charlayme » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:19 am

A new album for Duran Duran will be released on 22/10/2021.
Its name is "Future Past".
For me, apart from the first, second album and White Wedding, I've always had a problem with this band. Luckily they did "save a prayer" and "The Chauffeur".
a link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMCd5zrsFpE

Charlayme
Charlayme
Take On Me

Re: Duran Duran - Future Past - Out 22/10/2021

Postby Chuck50 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Maybe you can get together with the band and talk things through,
30 something years is a long time to be burdened with such an overwhelming issue.
Chuck50
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:54 am

I try to make me like this song by listening over and over again, but there is no way. There will probably be DD fans who appreciate the new album, but for me it is another average album. However i recognize they are releasing new material and they are not only limited to releasing endless compilations with the same songs without any addition, did you hear Gary K.?
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby Uvox » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:35 am

AJWAVE wrote: However i recognize they are releasing new material and they are not only limited to releasing endless compilations with the same songs without any addition, did you hear Gary K.?

His new album is just 3 months old
https://www.amazon.co.uk/INSOLO-Gary-Ke ... =ABIS_BOOK

and for a Pink Floyd fan, his latest contribution in Nick Mason's early Pink Floyd tribute project, also deserves highest honors. With such international gig schedule, it is quite problematic to write a new material for SB.
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby oldwaver2 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:48 pm

I just had a listen to Future Past. It's just what the title infers. A combination of old Duran Duran mixed with some new elements.
Not like the Justine Timberlake recording, but with some modern EDM and modern beats. Simon's voice has not changed over the years.
Some will like it and some will hate it. I'm just glad Duran Duran is still going after all of these years. This should bring in a younger audience when bands start touring again.

Maybe that daft F%#@er -1 will give one of his stellar reviews.

"1. good beat with some synths ok singing"

https://superdeluxeedition.com/reviews/ ... -by-track/
oldwaver2
Take On Me

Postby omar » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:02 pm

Checked out all the samples on iTunes as I await my cd tomorrow. Thought it was slightly better than Paper Gods and Red Carpet.. but not as good as Astronaut and All You Need Is Now.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:49 am

omar wrote:Checked out all the samples on iTunes as I await my cd tomorrow. Thought it was slightly better than Paper Gods and Red Carpet.. but not as good as Astronaut and All You Need Is Now.

my feelings too.
but i didn't care for astronaut or all you need is now either.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:40 am

Radio 2 in concert on December 2nd. So there will be a superb recording of it somewhere about five minutes later.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:32 pm

mixed, split, labelled and up.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations