Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Ultravox "Three into One" reissued on colored vinyl

Ultravox "Three into One" reissued on colored vinyl

Postby drivel » Fri May 28, 2021 7:23 am

Rubellan Remasters has posted the following at https://www.facebook.com/RubellanRemasters:

Planned for an early October release, the original 1980 compilation LP from Ultravox titled 'Three Into One'. This collection from the John Foxx fronted late 70's incarnation of the band was originally released when Ultravox hit big in 1980 with new vocalist Midge Ure after barely missing the UK top singles spot with Vienna. The original Ultravox may not have had the chart success they deserved, but their influence is highly recognized today by fans and artists of electronic music.

Freshly remastered from original master tapes, 'Three Into One' explores Ultravox as they transition from aggressive punk influences in singles like Young Savage & ROckWrok, to the artistic leanings of The Wild, The Beautiful and the Damned & My Sex, to the pioneering electronics on the singles Slow Motion & Quiet Men. the LP will come in two different color variations each limited to 500 copies each.

Side 1:
Young Savage
ROckWrok
Dangerous Rhythm
The Man Who Dies Everyday
The Wild, The Beautiful And The Damned

Side 2:
Slow Motion
Just For A Moment
Quiet Men (Full Version)
My Sex
Hiroshima Mon Amour
drivel
Take On Me

Re: Ultravox "Three into One" reissued on colored vinyl

Postby AJWAVE » Fri May 28, 2021 9:18 am

Scott strikes again!
Congratulations Rubellan remasters! :)
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby Glenn » Sun May 30, 2021 9:35 am

no CD?
Glenn
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:09 pm

Glenn wrote:no CD?

He has been concentrating on vinyl releases lately.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:45 pm

negative1 wrote:
Glenn wrote:no CD?

He has been concentrating on vinyl releases lately.

later

Not intentionally, it's just the clearances they've been sending my way. I suspect it's because it's quicker to clear a straight LP rather than a CD with bonus tracks. I would have been open to a CD reissue of Three Into One if there were something rare I could have added as bonus content. I found about 10 album outtakes from the Foxx era Ultravox on the master tape list but when I checked with Foxx management they said that neither John nor some of the other band members wanted those outtakes released. So without anything not part of that last Foxx Vox Box, I don't see a point in just another compilation CD.

I do still have a load of CD reissue requests in and hope that something will eventually be sent my way. I'm aware that a number are in the final clearance queue, and have been since about early February. I just have no idea when any of them will be addressed, and it's very rare that an inquiry (of any sort) is responded to.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations