Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

new Simple Minds book on the way...

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

new Simple Minds book on the way...

Postby oldnewwaver » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:04 pm

Got this email from Simple Minds in regards to new publication asking fans to contribute

here is the message

SM Logo
HEART OF THE CROWD
WE NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTION PLEASE!
We are calling out to all Simple Minds fans. We want your stories and anecdotes for the new book, Heart Of The Crowd sent to newsimplemindsbook@gmail.com
We want to know how you discovered our music, and what your relationship is with Simple Minds?
How it began and how and why it has continued? Why for you was it Simple Minds?

Additionally, what are your memories of seeing us live over the 40+ plus years of our existence?

Perhaps you saw us in the early days during our first ever gigs in pubs and clubs? What did it mean to see us for the first time, or even more recently. Maybe you've travelled far and wide to see us in theatres, arenas, stadiums? Crossed continents possibly?

Wherever in the world you have connected with Simple Minds, why not let your story be known, including of course your connection with others who share your enthusiasm for our music?
SM-HOTC book
Maybe you met some of those at gigs, maybe you became associates through our social network sites?
Likewise, maybe you worked with Simple Minds. A crew member, perhaps you worked with one of the record companies/concert promoters who promoted our music?
Maybe you were a DJ who played our songs, or perhaps you have covered our songs in your own band?

Whether you have been a fan since our very beginning or perhaps since teatime last night, what's your story? All this and more let us know. More than any other publications, your unique stories will be at the heart of this book.

Simple Minds don't do things by half measures. We want HEART OF THE CROWD to be something that both band and fans can be proud of!

We need your input therefore. Relying on your support - as always

Thanks to all!
Jim Kerr

If you would like to contribute to HEART OF THE CROWD then do send your memories - before the end of July - to newsimplemindsbook@gmail.com Stories of approximately 350 words would be great, photos of course would be welcome also!
oldnewwaver
Personal Jesus

Re: new Simple Minds book on the way...

Postby oldnewwaver » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:53 pm

the new book has been released and it is amazing to read from the perspective of the fans, fellow musicians, and others involved, listened or followed SM since the beginning and world wide and later in life and how their music has affected so many in so many ways ( I guess you can say that for all bands and their fans)

(and to my surprise, they included my story on the first time I listened to Sparkle in the Rain when i was 18 back in 1984 !)

anyhow, here is in the info on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Simple-Minds-H ... 1838078304

same author wrote the OMD book a few years back
oldnewwaver
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions