Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The reason for your name?

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Postby savethewave » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:58 am

Save the Wave is the name of the New Wave night I DJ, and the name of my DJ business.

-Jim
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby Otters Walk Among Us » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:17 am

because how freakin' cool would it be if they did?
Otters Walk Among Us
The Jet Set

Postby ExRat » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:26 am

'ExRat' is the moniker I chose because I feel that I have have evolved into something better off than I was - only I still retain frightening orthodonture.
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:42 am

Hey devildog, I bet you miss this: the smell of sausage and pepper being cooked at one of the feasts. I don't even eat it but I love the smell.One of the great things about New York is that you can walk a few blocks and see every race, color, and religion. And you can go to a restaurant for greek breakfast then italian lunch, then indian dinner. I love the mix of New York. And I live in Brooklyn. Don't even get me started. I speak English, spanish, and russian at work.Only in America.Where is Marie3? She is from N.Y. So is skinnytie. Sing out your praises! And devildog, if I could I would ship you some drakes!
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:03 am

[quote]Originally posted by phillyidol
[br]Hey devildog, I bet you miss this: the smell of sausage and pepper being cooked at one of the feasts. I don't even eat it but I love the smell.One of the great things about New York is that you can walk a few blocks and see every race, color, and religion. And you can go to a restaurant for greek breakfast then italian lunch, then indian dinner. I love the mix of New York. And I live in Brooklyn. Don't even get me started. I speak English, spanish, and russian at work.Only in America.Where is Marie3? She is from N.Y. So is skinnytie. Sing out your praises! And devildog, if I could I would ship you some drakes!
[/quote]

Hey Phillyidol, thanks for the generous consideration! Yep, you are right, in New York you can experience any type of food from all over the world and cultures, too. Although, I was born and bred in the suburbs of Suffolk County, my whole family was originally from Brooklyn-Mom, Dad, Uncles, cousins, Aunts, you name it. I consider NYC my home because I spent so much time there. Most of my relatives still live in Brooklyn-in Flatlands, Bergen Beach, Gerritsen Beach, Sunset Park, etc. I think what I miss the most is NY style pizza! Man, I miss this little pizza place I used to go to in Bay Ridge that had the best pizza. Well, I will be back in NY next month so I will definitely eat some pizza. Currently my Dad lives in Queens and I have had many interesting dining experiences there like eating Malaysian cuisine and "real" Chinese food! Yeah, I miss the block party at my grandmother's neighborhood in Flatlands every summer. I could still smell those sausage and peppers!!!!
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby ghosty » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:48 am

I chose Ghosty for reasons unknown to me. When I got my first D.J. gig I was told by station management that I should pick an alias. The idea being that if used my real name (Dave) I would have stalkers and lust-crazed women hounding me.....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...like THAT ever happened!!!
I could'nt come up with anything cool before my first show so I just turned on the mic and said "Hi, Ghosty here". Have no idea why.
ghosty
Room at the Top

Postby buffalochipz » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:52 am

Grew up near Buffalo, NY during the short run of WUWU 107.7 which is how I discovered new wave. Added the chipz because............well, I don't know why I added that.
I'm sure Devildogs are great but are they as good as TastyKakes? God, those are yummy! Can't get them around here either (Ohio)
buffalochipz
Personal Jesus

Postby phillyidol » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:59 am

Hey devildog!!!! Your a neighborhood guy! I live in Marine Park(next to bergen and gerritsen). You brought back some nice memories.Yeah, block parties are great. Queens? The best Chinese and indian food!
When you come in make sure to load up on Drakes.(and juniors cheese cake)
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby Jimbo » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:57 pm

It's what my friends call me.
I'll answer to most anything.
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby hexicon » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:31 pm

Hmm, in my first year of law school I went through this very strange feminist spirituality phase and read a book by theology professor Mary Daly called Webster's First New Intergalactic Wickedary of the English Language. Full of feminist, post-structuralist nonsense (I'm not saying I think feminism is nonsense . . . just this brand of it).

Anyway, one of the words defined was hexicon, hex + icon. I don't even remember what the definition was but I thought the word sounded cool and liked the way it punned on hexagon. Just one of those random words I liked the sound of . . . like miniscule . . . or infinitive.

Fortunately, when it came time to pick my yahoo ID, no one else had used it. It's certainly the last relic of that phase in my life.
hexicon
Room at the Top

Postby Goodnight L.A. » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:34 pm

Goodnight L.A. was a late night show in Los Angeles that showed all these great New Wave and offbeat videos. It aired from the summer mid 1983 to mid 1985, which is about when the "KSCR" photo on the 'A bit about me' page on this site was taken. (I lived in a dorm two blocks north of there.)
Goodnight L.A.
Running Up That Hill

Postby EchoBeachBunnyBoy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:43 pm

I've explained this somewhere before but, in 1984 I met one of my best friends because I was wearing an Echo & The Bunnymen shirt, which led us to talk about music. She later found out that we both liked "Echo Beach" by Martha & The Muffins. She put them together & TA-DAH!-I was born.[}:)]
Her nickname BTW is Lene Lobster. "Lene" because she likes Lene Lovich, & "Lobster" because she is a huge B-52's fan (Rock Lobster).
She does not have a computer, otherwise she would be here explaining this herself.

BTW- I have always been partial to Ring Dings.
We need to send Devil Dogs to Texas A.S.A.P.![:p]
EchoBeachBunnyBoy
Personal Jesus

Postby toe_jam_on_toast » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:36 pm

i like toe jam....on toast....kind of self-explainitory actually!!!!

yummy!

[:D]
toe_jam_on_toast
Room at the Top

Postby marie3 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:52 pm

My name is Marie and I have 3 children. My name sounds very boring and I guess I should have thought of a more "new wave" name but I can remember Marie3 easily, if you have children you know what I mean!

To get on the subject of Devil dogs. When I lived in Florida in 84, they didn't have drakes cakes there either (or boarshead cold cuts for that matter or new wave music!) My mom worked in a deli for years and the drakes man would give her boxes of devil dogs and other goodies to bring to me when she would vist Florida. Phillyidol, how are you doing??? Ready for the summer to be over? Are any of your daughters starting school? My youngest is starting kindergarten.[:(]
And the Italian feast in Brooklyn rock! The smells alone could make you gain 10 pounds. I personally love zepples but I haven't had one in years. (not very healthy) I think the name of the feast we would go to years ago was the San Genaro Feast. I could be wrong. I don't remember everything like I used to...
marie3
Der Kommissar

Postby Stanztrigger » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:50 am

I tried so hard to come up with something clever. You know how it is when you try to think...you blank out. So I figured I'd pick a name of a song from a band that I liked. I wanted it to sound kinda like a name.

Stanztrigger = an interesting song off of Yello's first album Solid Pleasure

one of my all time favorite groups, one of my all time fav albums!

-Mike
Stanztrigger
Switchin' to Glide

PreviousNext

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—