Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The reason for your name?

Reserved for off-topic posts.

The reason for your name?

Postby devildog » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:11 am

Phillyidol gave me an idea for this thread. In another post he jokingly implied why I have "devil" in my name. I do not know if this topic has been covered before but what is the reason for your NWO name?

Mine is simple and not satanic as it implies. As a former New Yorker who grew up eating Drakes snack cakes, I always enjoyed "Devildogs" and they are my favorite snack food. Well, since I live in Texas now, I cannot get them here. So my name is homage to the snack cake that I miss. (I certainly eat them whenever I am back in NY). I know this is not a new wave name but it was the first thing that came to mind when I first joined NWO.[:D]

How about you? How did you come up with your NWO name?
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby fritzb » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:25 am

Well my name in real life is "Fritz" and my last name starts with "B". Sorry it's no more interesting than that... [:I]
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:27 am

KYYX 96.5 in Seattle ( RIP 1984) was the greatest radio station on the face of the earth. Period. This station single-handedly exposed me to the Best Music in the Universe: New Wave. I will always have a place in my nostalgia-ridden heart for The Wave. [8D]
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby cubby » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:35 am

My nickname given to me by my partner
cubby
The Jet Set

Postby SwampThing » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:38 am

Picked the name from a song of my favorite band The Chameleons UK. Wanted MadJack but it was already taken.
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby beatschool » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:46 am

I work with kids, teaching them how to digitally record music. Started a mobile recording "school" that travels to underfunded schools and teaches "beats".
beatschool
The Jet Set

Postby Grunch » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:59 am

My nickname goes back to my teen years, some in Germany, and I picked up the nickname babygrunch which was really meant as crunch. I used to hit lots of homeruns in babe ruth baseball (13-15 yrs) and our fans would yell out the the pitcher to watch out because I was going to "crunch" the ball - everyone just started to call me "babygrunch" because my older brother was given the nickmane grunch. Well, as an adult, I dropped off the "baby" part but it used to be "babygrunch"

I can identify with the devildog, having spent many years living in New England - Massachusetts, Upstate New York, and I too was parially raised on devildogs, the delicious snack cake from Drakes. If you have never had a devildog, but know about the Little Debbies snack treats, they sell a cholcoate ckae with white cream in the middle, sorta looks like a hot dog bun, not sure what they call them. But if you know of them, think a thousand times better and you have a devildog. Man, we lived for those in our lunch when I was a kid. To hell with a sandwich, make sure there is a devildog in that lunch sack!!
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby SwampThing » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:09 am

[quote]Originally posted by kimiiii
[br]Hi, I'm Kim.
[/quote] What do the 4 i's represent? The number 4?
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:11 am

I was guessing for her 4 kids??? Not sure about "i" but 4 of them for 4 kids maybe????
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby skinnytie » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:57 am

"skinnytie" was the first thing that popped into my head that was associated with new wave. I was surprised it wasn't taken already.
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby phillyidol » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:11 am

Devildog; you are saying there are no drakes cakes outside of N.Y.? I never knew that. Man what the world is missing. And of all the drakes stuff, devildogs are by far the best! Remember as a kid eating one and right away you have to drink a cold milk to wash it down. Then someone came out with the poor mans drakes called little debbie. Who are they trying to fool?

Anyway, my few close friends call me Philly. And maybe 2 people called me phillyidol. I always had long hair and one day I cut it off and spiked it. They said look, its phillyidol.[:D]
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby pikeprof » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:35 am

A long time ago I picked profpike as my yahoo e-mail name-because I wanted to be a college professor-I had trouble logging in to the message board the first name-so I had to invert my name-My family name is Pike-I teach college and am a ph.d. student-so, Voila'
pikeprof
Personal Jesus

Postby randy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:40 am

My name is my name.
As for Devil Dogs--I prefer Funny Bones.[:D]
randy
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:27 am

[quote]Originally posted by phillyidol
[br]Devildog; you are saying there are no drakes cakes outside of N.Y.? I never knew that. Man what the world is missing. And of all the drakes stuff, devildogs are by far the best! Remember as a kid eating one and right away you have to drink a cold milk to wash it down. Then someone came out with the poor mans drakes called little debbie. Who are they trying to fool?

Anyway, my few close friends call me Philly. And maybe 2 people called me phillyidol. I always had long hair and one day I cut it off and spiked it. They said look, its phillyidol.[:D]
[/quote]

Well, er..I am not sure about the rest of the USA but for some reason, here in Austin, they are not sold here. Actually, there was a new supermarket that opened about 2 miles from my house that initially carried them. But they do not now for whatever reason. Come to think of it, I miss alot of New York foods. C'est la vie.
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:36 am

[quote]Originally posted by devildog
[br]Phillyidol gave me an idea for this thread. In another post he jokingly implied why I have "devil" in my name. I do not know if this topic has been covered before but what is the reason for your NWO name?

Mine is simple and not satanic as it implies. As a former New Yorker who grew up eating Drakes snack cakes, I always enjoyed "Devildogs" and they are my favorite snack food. Well, since I live in Texas now, I cannot get them here. So my name is homage to the snack cake that I miss. (I certainly eat them whenever I am back in NY). I know this is not a new wave name but it was the first thing that came to mind when I first joined NWO.[:D]

ask my parents

How about you? How did you come up with your NWO name?
[/quote][:D]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Next

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—