Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: Ian Joshua Burns - Beyond The Truth (Synthpop Demo)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: Ian Joshua Burns - Beyond The Truth (Synthpop Demo)

Postby crichert » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:53 pm

Hi there NWO friends!

In the early-to-mid 90's, I connected with a fellow named "Ian" on one of the New Wave message boards I frequented. We shared a similar interest in New Wave/Synthpop music, and after a few email exchanges, he offered to send me a demo tape of his music. I received the tape and loved what I heard, his music is in the vein of T-42, Cause & Effect, and Cosmicity.

Sadly, we lost track of each other, and I've since lost the original cassette. Fortunately, I took the time to digitize that cassette to my PC immediately after receiving it, which I had forgotten about it until a few days ago, so I dug up the WAV files, which I’m sharing here today.

After several hours down the rabbit hole trying to find Ian on Google this week, I was unsuccessful. I was hoping that he officially released these tracks, so that I could have better quality versions of these gems, or that someone on here recognizes his music. I’d love to reconnect with him after all these years!

My fav track is “In My Dreams”. Have a listen … I hope you enjoy this rarity as much as I do!
https://mega.nz/folder/uJEEVLoJ#K_uKnQuPrFw-VnbYD0oUrQ

Last edited by crichert on Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crichert
Room at the Top

Re: Share: Ian - Beyond The Truth (Synthpop Demo Tape)

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:19 am

Thanks mate.
I'll hear when get back home :)

Regards
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:57 am

Thanks, just sampled a couple of tracks, sounds good.

bandcamp, Facebook, Linkedin, even old myspace profiles :lol: ?
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby crichert » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:18 am

Cool, thanks for the help!! 8)
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:47 pm

Thanks Cory.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:32 pm

Hi NWO friends!

A quick update that I was able to find and scan the original cassette jacket (see my updated post above). The artist's full name is: Ian Joshua Burns. Even with his full name I've been unable to track him down on social media, but maybe somebody will have better luck! Would love to know if he ever pursued a career in music, because he was obviously quite a talented artist!
crichert
Room at the Top

Return to Obscure 80s Central