Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Request: Viva!

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: Request: Viva!

Postby Uvox » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:27 am

Messrs. Witch-hunters are kindly reminded that:

1. there is a whole forum here to discuss off topics --
http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

2. there is a great option in this forum to remove the ( uploading request ) posts by the members they dislike:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes
namely, friends and foes - you add a foe, and you do not see his posts anymore.

Can we have a pleasure to concentrate on music and not to see these "hate 076 and all connected with him" theme posts no more??????
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:21 am

Are you his mum?

Uploaders in this section need to be aware of the utter contempt he actually feels for the hard work they do and obviously thinks it's ok that he does zero.

apf? southern boy? borntorun99? yazoost? Fucking joke? Definitely.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby magnum » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:55 am

Uvox wrote:Messrs. Witch-hunters are kindly reminded that:

1. there is a whole forum here to discuss off topics --
http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

2. there is a great option in this forum to remove the ( uploading request ) posts by the members they dislike:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes
namely, friends and foes - you add a foe, and you do not see his posts anymore.

Can we have a pleasure to concentrate on music and not to see these "hate 076 and all connected with him" theme posts no more??????

Agreed....it gets boring and tiresome hearing the same old jaded remarks in relation to maccafan76 and others who request/download a lot,it is what it is.... its the internet.
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby paulinhodaleonira » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Uvox wrote:Tried to resist posting as well, but when a parasite (45 posts since 2015, all upload requests, 0 shares):

http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/search.p ... 7&sr=posts

calls others "parasites", it all looks, first, not too polite and second, extremely caddish, would you agree ???

I am a most tolerant here to what you call "downloaders", you know it, but such an assault from one downloader towards others really goes beyond my understanding......

PS. And I would support, that "Members like he should needing to be banned from forum with the IP being tracked".......

I think I did 2 requests for what is no posted albums in here. All my other requests were to somebody reupload the shared materials by forum, where the uploaders have posted in servers like Wetransfer, where the links expires in a week. And after I did begin to upload to colaborate with the comunnity too.
paulinhodaleonira
Take On Me

Postby eddie » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:25 pm

You are not really an accurate comparison paul (but we have to have the usual white knight defender conducting the same witch hunt he claims to be against and employing the usual tactics of trying to focus on someone else). 44 posts hardly compares with 836 which have a huge percentage of actual as well as veiled requests in them. I don't, for example and I could be wrong, see you making 50+ requests on guitars101 or weekly requests on zinhof, several hundred requests on bootlegzone forum (when it existed), regular requests on the stones iorr forum, regular requests on the springsteen forums btx or greasy lake (how odd that the "uploads" there were all what accountant had very recently supplied on guitars101), requests on bowie sites, pink floyd sites, elton, beach boys, reddit, even trying to sneak some in on the hoffman forums. I don't see you copying and pasting others links. I don't know of anyone on any forum who would be an accurate comparison. The numbers are quite mind-boggling.

More importantly I don't see you laughing at the expense of uploaders because you get stuff without putting the work in and at the prospect of having to put even less effort in.

And if you don't like AJ or my posts or anyone else then take your own advice Uvox and block us.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby Uvox » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:27 am

There are hundreds of people visiting this forum with no registration, freely using the music links here to their enjoyment.

There are dozens of people here sharing their vaults, having no problem how many people download it and if they share anything in return.

There are very few who concentrated on kicking one who, they say, "asks too much with giving too little", and if he does, he, anyway, is kicked for "sharing a wrong link". They can not define, what is the reasonable ratio of sharing\giving, nor they can give a clear reason why - he does not break any forum rules, nor a general law, just because they do not like it, and they see him too often on other resources, criminally asking for music share.

Alas, this is the world we live in.

And please do not pretend, that you do not understand my message - I do not support freeloaders in general, nor one in particular, I just DO NOT CARE - AND MOST OF US DON'T - who and how many times downloads or asks for the music I am able to share - and I do not want to see hatred in this innocent forum - AND MOST OF US DON''T - I have enough of it in real life.

Or you really do not understand?? I will sign for additonal English lessons then..

This is the final post from me on this topic.
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 am

I don't see the word freeloader in my post but I am happy that you infer he, in particular, is. What I see in my posts is a pointing out of the sheer volume of requests, not the number of items downloaded and the recent reveal of his, again in particular, real attitude to uploaders. Until very recently I had nearly 700 items on a freely available site for anyone to download with no possibility of comments etc. The only reason I deleted them after well over twelve months was because someone posted a link to them on zinhof and we know who visits there don't we?

"Or you really do not understand?? I will sign for additonal English lessons then.."

Nicely insulting, I think Uvox, shame you can't still pm me begging for links to sites isn't it?

"This is the final post from me on this topic."

Let's see if this really holds true.

Meanwhile in other news that little laughing emoji which revealed so much has been removed from my post on Greasy Lake now I wonder why? Still we will always have the screenshot to remember it by.
eddie
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central