Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

China Crisis three concerts (bootlegs)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: China Crisis three concerts (bootlegs)

Postby humanracer » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:25 pm

eddie wrote:'You did cut me' New York 1985

https://soundcloud.com/user-204744216/06a-1

I think NY 1985 is probably my all time favourite CC bootleg. They seem to be having so much fun and full of energy. My copy is from years ago but this one sounds cleaner.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:45 am

Yeah, it's just a shame I can't make them all widely available because of one person here.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:47 am

eddie wrote:Yeah, it's just a shame I can't make them all widely available because of one person here.

mmmm I can't imagine who! :lol:
Btw if you, Humanracer or Ris are interested I found a concert of the Riverside Lounge recorded on may 2019 (though they probably already have it) :wink:

Regards
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:38 am

Ha ha it's a good job I'm not sat here as I usually am with orange juice or tea as I'd have just spilled it. Yeah, everyone knows who we are referring to. The world's biggest requester. Miss one there will be another along shortly but no contributions. Same behaviour all over the internet. Wonder if anyone has come across him elsewhere?

I think i have the riverside I will pm you if I don't. Thanks.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:45 pm

eddie wrote:Ha ha it's a good job I'm not sat here as I usually am with orange juice or tea as I'd have just spilled it. Yeah, everyone knows who we are referring to. The world's biggest requester. Miss one there will be another along shortly but no contributions. Same behaviour all over the internet. Wonder if anyone has come across him elsewhere?

I think i have the riverside I will pm you if I don't. Thanks.

Three biggest requesters (one worse than the other)...but we already know who the king is :D
I wonder if the "new members" will not be the same m*ron with multiple accounts (as soon as they enter they are already making requests)

regards
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:19 pm

Yeah but the other ones have little effect on me. We should be kinder he has after all lost his happiest hunting ground recently which means a bit more reliance on guitars101. Jesus christ, anyone relying on that asshole "accountant" and his cashback mates needs some sympathy. In a way I admire him. He's turned requesting into an art form. Making them not look like requests but simply questions is a phenomenal tactic and claiming for years not to have anything to contribute when he's downloading on a similar industrial scale is genius. The funniest thing of all though is even the replies are copied and pasted along with quite a few links to other places so it looks like he's contributing.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:17 am

AJWAVE wrote:I wonder if the "new members" will not be the same m*ron with multiple accounts

I'd put money on the latest one, phukket, being my old mate "bill" aka bossman66 under another name. Sadly he can't send me his usual abusive pm's as I blocked him.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:56 am

China Crisis
Hollywood Palace Theatre. Los Angeles 1985
2 source mix

source one: our home town bootleg
source two: uk medium wave radio broadcast

wall of god
gift of freedom
tragedy and mystery
wishful thinking
black man ray
you did cut me
the highest high
strength of character
king in a catholic style
african and white
working with fire and steel
some people i know
christian

there is a significant difference in sound quality so this is what

it is.

However, tracks have been edited so thaat there is no overlap

or doubling up. For example, "hello los angeles appears in

different places on each source and has been edited where it

belongs and removed from it's duplicate. So now we have four

extra songs and a correct running order, you're welcome.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:28 am

Rissan wrote:A question from the past. And a promise to send you this one. Just found the CDr I burned of the Rotterdam Show this morning.

The CDr contains four more live tracks. Two from the Hanna Hanna 12" single and two from the You Did Cut Me 2x7" single.

Here is the link to the loseless files: https://mega.nz/file/A4gFxQhZ#95EscfsKb ... zUFjAwJKD4

What I remember from the radio broadcast, probably KRO Rocktempel on a Sunday night one or two weeks after 31 March 1984.

China Crisis played a support for Simple Minds, whom played the Rotterdam Ahoy for two successive nights. The broadcast of the show was of the first night.
What no-one expected was the great enthusiastic response of the crowd, who demanded an encore. The band came back on stage and played Red Sails, which unfortunately was not broadcasted.
The next evening Simple Minds demanded that the band did not play an encore how hard the crowd would scream for it.

The next year CC returned to the Netherlands to play Pinkpop. After that, according to Setlist.fm, it took them thirty years to return to the Netherlands again.
I know this is not true, since I remember the band played some acoustic shows in the nineties.

The first time I saw the band was in Sheffield on the 13th of December 2002. Since they returned to the Netherlands, I visit nearly every show at the boerderij in Zoetermeer.

Yes Holland loves CC. Their show at Pinkpop sounds pretty good. You can tell the crowd were enjoying it. I think King performed at the event later in the evening.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central