Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

XTC bootleg search

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

XTC bootleg search

Postby eddie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:38 pm

A group of us are trying to get hold of all XTC bootlegs. We think we've got all the outtakes covered that it's possible to get but there may be some live gigs still hiding out. If you know of any extra ones please pm me some details. Please don't upload anything and don't reply here with what you have, thanks. So here's the current situation.

Image Image
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Re: XTC bootleg search

Postby magnum » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:03 am

have no interest in live concerts..........but intrigued to know if there are demos floating around of - Wait till your boat goes down,Ten feet tall,Senses Working [not version on Coats],Great fire,This world over,Love at first sight.
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:00 am

There's multiple demos of almost everything early in that little lot. A lot of later stuff has had extensive reissues including blu ray and the stuff that's on them is astonishing. But i didn't snapshot that folder because it's all official.

edited sunday 30th may 2021

Just a quick heads up for someone: please don't link to two xtc resources you have recently joined or found we don't want a certain individual on here gaining access to that stuff. Thanks.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:14 am

Words you don't expect to be typing in the same sentence on a Saturday afternoon:

XTC uncirculated 1979 soundboard master
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby 80rulez » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:09 am

I have this CD:

https://www.discogs.com/master/1731536- ... s-For-Andy

I can easily rip and upload if required.
80rulez
Take On Me

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:55 am

eddie wrote:Words you don't expect to be typing in the same sentence on a Saturday afternoon:
XTC uncirculated 1979 soundboard master

Amazing!
80rulez wrote:I have this CD:
https://www.discogs.com/master/1731536- ... s-For-Andy
I can easily rip and upload if required.

Probably our favorite leech will send a private message to one of us requesting a copy of your bootleg, my friend
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:17 am

Ha ha I was going to post the same thing. He will be sending a message from one of his many usernames saying how he has

1. Always been looking for that bootleg but
2. all he found were dead links
3. he had it but his hard drive crashed or was eaten by next doors dog or
4. it was with the pink floyd bootleg that the burglars took (a genuine line from a request because we know how often burglars will ignore easy sell electrical items and go for that old pink floyd bootleg vinyl to whack on ebay).
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:06 am

Just sourced a brand new one from 1978 - astonishing soundboard recording.
eddie
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central