Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 46

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 46

Postby Gazebo Music » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 am

Hello NWO, Hope everyone is safe & well!

Just a quick note! I decided to make a last minute change to this volume and celebrate the recently SOLVED mysterious song that stumped us for years! For those who joined in the search and followed the progress of this track, the search came to an end a few days ago on Sept 3rd when Allister Girvin made the discovery! 3D (A Fish In Sea) "Some Die For Money" was recorded for the legendary John Peel Radio program on March 27th 1982 and aired on April 5th of that same year! To think, I included a track by this same band on Digital 80s Volume 39 (3D - Dance To Believe (Extended Version)) 429! Job well done Allister Girvin!

I encourage you to give each track a listen at some point as you may be pleasantly surprised....

I have done my best to remaster all the tracks included here! If I have used tracks that have appeared on others previous compilations, I apologize as this was not intentional! I simply wanted to share them in lossless WAV format with the best sound possible.

Please note, this in NO way is intended to take away sales from any of the artists included here but rather a way to discover or rediscover these timeless masterpieces as many of them have never officially appeared on CD or are long "Out Of Print". Please support these bands if they should have material available! They deserve all the credit!

“In Memory Of Dave “Swerve” Myrvold"

Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 45

01. 3D (A Fish In Sea) - Some Die For Money 356 (82)
02. Episode I - Time After Time 513 (87)
03. The Second Coming - Return 331 (85)
04. Les Enfants - Slipaway 415 (85)
05. Etage Neun - Broken Shadows 400 401 (87)
06. Metropolis - Tell Me Now! 434 (89)
07. Taming The Outback - Blue Heart 354 (86)
08. Solid State - Movin' Up 344 (83)
09. Circle Of Eyes - Daylight 242 (87)
10. The Neurons - New Location 409 (84)
11. Dream Child - Luv On The Line 411 (87)
12. The Poppyfields - Candy 344 (84)
13. Beargarden - A Seaside Song 434 (85)
14. Day For Night - The Magnificent Obsession 509 (87)
15. Tent - Miles And Miles 346 (83)
16. Subtle Hints - Lost In Action 337 (84)
17. Night In Cologne - The Final Design 216 (84)
18. Exit - Strange Little Girl 331 (84)
19. Inside Out - Surrender 533 (86)
20. Dorian Gräe - In A Dark Place 253 (86)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... dSldW-ZHVh
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Re: Share: NEW! Lost But Not Forgotten 80's Volume 46

Postby retromusic » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:43 am

Many thanks, Paul. Much appreciated, as always.

The following is a great reference for those interested in Peel sessions. Here is the 3D link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/sessions/1980s/1982/Mar273d/
retromusic
Personal Jesus

Postby xymox970 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:56 am

Wonderful track by Beargarden.
Apart from Les Enfants thats the only one I know.

Peter Murphy also released a track (single) Blue Heart in 1986.
Would this one by a cover ?

As I write this, its hard to tell without listening to it first...... :D
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby crichert » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:16 am

Awesome collection of tracks Paul, thank you so much! Especially excited to hear your work on "Some Die For Money", which was recently solved!!

Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby Rissan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:56 am

Again a great collection Gaz.

Good to see this that this unknown earworm finally was solved.

Great to see Beargarden, Les Enfants again and the Dutch band Tent.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby WLR » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:54 am

Excellent work again my friend, thank you.
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby Fred80s » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:48 am

Thanks for another amazing set of tracks.
Fred80s
Personal Jesus

Postby Gazebo Music » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:23 am

Just thought I would share a very cool recent write up by band member John Reynolds with regards to their band 3D (A Fish In Sea) and the mystery track “Some Die For Money”....

My name is My name is John Reynolds aka Johnny Riff aka Riff. I am the guitarist on this recording. Somebody contacted me via Facebook yesterday 9/9/21 asking about this tracks’ origins. They already had quite a bit of information and I am now trying to fill some of the gaps? Titled ‘Some Die for Money’ by a band from Liverpool ‘3D a Fish in Sea’ a play on the word efficiency. When we first formed we were looking for an interesting name and Richie the vocalist read an article in a photography magazine with similar wording, he liked it, suggested it and it stuck. The song was never released in this format, it was released however, as a B side for the later 3D on RAK records with completely different lyrics titled ‘The Club’ Some Die for Money aka ‘My Murder’ …. A far better title by the way, whoever came up with it? 3D a Fish in Sea are- John Reynolds (me), guitar – Richie Holmes, Vocals – Roy Campbell, Bass – Phil Martin, Sax - Fred Palethorpe Drums, & Steve Spurgin, Keyboards . All still alive! 3D were John Reynolds, Guitar – Jon Corner, Vocals – Steve Spurgin, Keyboards & Freddie Palethorpe, drums (Later Roy Martin, Later Brian Rawling, Later Andy Redhead). ‘Murder’ was recorded first as a demo at The Open Eye Galleries (Studios), Liverpool https://openeye.org.uk/history/ I cannot recall if it was 4 track or 8 track at the time, it was engineered and produced by the band with David Hutchman and Noddy (Mike) Knowler (the house producers/engineers), I have a decent recording of the original session. It was later recorded for a John Peel Session which is the ‘recording’ that has been doing the rounds, along with the RAK version that have sparked off the controversy. I had though (until speaking with Richie the singer only yesterday) the song had been written by bass guitarist Roy. Apparently not, Richie had written it, as in adding to a keyboard riff Steve played at a rehearsal room, that I added the heavy guitar riff to. It turns out Richie (who‘d have known) was a bit of a Jack The Ripper ‘buff’. He wrote the lyrics based on some books articles he was reading at the time. He told me yesterday that my wife ‘Gail’ had said to him when she first heard it ‘that’s too good, you never wrote that’! I have to say it is damn good eh? Proper title track for a horror movie stuff? So good that when myself, Steve and Freddie were sacked by the other half of the band – Roy, Richie and Phil, I was reluctant to just forget the song hence the revamped version once we found a new singer for the new 3D. I have now heard ‘cover versions’ of the track, all emanating from this and other similar threads! Mental! s aka Johnny Riff aka Riff. I am the guitarist on this recording. Somebody contacted me via Facebook yesterday 9/9/21 asking about this tracks’ origins. They already had quite a bit of information and I am now trying to fill some of the gaps? Titled ‘Some Die for Money’ by a band from Liverpool ‘3D a Fish in Sea’ a play on the word efficiency. When we first formed we were looking for an interesting name and Richie the vocalist read an article in a photography magazine with similar wording, he liked it, suggested it and it stuck. The song was never released in this format, it was released however, as a B side for the later 3D on RAK records with completely different lyrics titled ‘The Club’ Some Die for Money aka ‘My Murder’ …. A far better title by the way, whoever came up with it? 3D a Fish in Sea are- John Reynolds (me), guitar – Richie Holmes, Vocals – Roy Campbell, Bass – Phil Martin, Sax - Fred Palethorpe Drums, & Steve Spurgin, Keyboards . All still alive! 3D were John Reynolds, Guitar – Jon Corner, Vocals – Steve Spurgin, Keyboards & Freddie Palethorpe, drums (Later Roy Martin, Later Brian Rawling, Later Andy Redhead). ‘Murder’ was recorded first as a demo at The Open Eye Galleries (Studios), Liverpool https://openeye.org.uk/history/ I cannot recall if it was 4 track or 8 track at the time, it was engineered and produced by the band with David Hutchman and Noddy (Mike) Knowler (the house producers/engineers), I have a decent recording of the original session. It was later recorded for a John Peel Session which is the ‘recording’ that has been doing the rounds, along with the RAK version that have sparked off the controversy. I had though (until speaking with Richie the singer only yesterday) the song had been written by bass guitarist Roy. Apparently not, Richie had written it, as in adding to a keyboard riff Steve played at a rehearsal room, that I added the heavy guitar riff to. It turns out Richie (who‘d have known) was a bit of a Jack The Ripper ‘buff’. He wrote the lyrics based on some books articles he was reading at the time. He told me yesterday that my wife ‘Gail’ had said to him when she first heard it ‘that’s too good, you never wrote that’! I have to say it is damn good eh? Proper title track for a horror movie stuff? So good that when myself, Steve and Freddie were sacked by the other half of the band – Roy, Richie and Phil, I was reluctant to just forget the song hence the revamped version once we found a new singer for the new 3D. I have now heard ‘cover versions’ of the track, all emanating from this and other similar threads! Mental!
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby crichert » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Interesting details from Johnny Riff...thanks for sharing that Paul!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby maccafan076 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Always makes my week. Thank you as always
maccafan076
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:50 pm

maccafan076 wrote:Always makes my week. Thank you as always

Every NWO, Blogger, Zinhoff, and Reddit user always makes you week.
I wonder how many links you "share" are really yours.
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby musfan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:13 am

Gazebo Music - Can you share any information on the band Inside Out? I listened to this again and went looking for them and I can't find any information. Thank you!
musfan
Personal Jesus

Postby Gazebo Music » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:51 am

[quote="musfan"]Gazebo Music - Can you share any information on the band Inside Out? I listened to this again and went looking for them and I can't find any information. Thank you![/quote]

Hello Mus, Great track no doubt! Inside Out was a Dark Wave/Goth band out of Italy active from early to mid 80s. The track “Surrender” is also featured on the Italian 2cd set below. I may add another track by them down then the road. Hope this helps!

https://www.discogs.com/release/1930504 ... d-In-Italy
Gazebo Music
Personal Jesus

Postby Uvox » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:41 am

Voyage Through The Deep 80s Underground In Italy -
what an interesting series that Italian label is releasing! Italian wave, region by region, at least 9 2CD volumes, and all unknown names.... Do we have any Italians here who could shed some light on their 80ies new wave ?? We know italo disco well, Ricchi i Poveri style of music, Felicita and all that, Italians have some big names in prog rock, but new wave???? Loredana Berte, Rettore.... who else??
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby musfan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:49 am

Thank you Gazebo! I see there are a couple others from that series as well (Art Boulevard, Reptile Chime) - thanks again!
musfan
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central