Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Lords of the New Church - Dance With Me (Extended)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Lords of the New Church - Dance With Me (Extended)

Postby Clint O » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:36 am

I have this song on a CD called "The Hardest Hits Collection: Volume 3", but it's a pretty horrible recording. Those guys at SPG really got together some good music (Classic Alternatives etc.), but sometimes their quality leaves a lot to be desired. Does anyone have an mp3 or m4a of this song?
Clint O
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Odessey » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:52 am

Yup, i have this one also.
Odessey
Switchin' to Glide

Postby British » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:45 am

I have it. See me on the hub.
British
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Lestat » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:58 am

DJ Lestat
The Jet Set

Postby swerve » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:49 am

70% of the tracks from the Hardest Hits series and the first 3 volumes of the Classic Alternatives series were from masters.

The other 30% were from vinyl sources with the exception of "Dance With Me" which was taken from the *cringe* video. The individual putting the comp together at the studio thought the vinyl source was flawed?? and went with the video source instead... never understood that.

A master either couldn't be located for some of the tracks or it took the record companies forever to find a master only to send the wrong version... continuing to wait to see if they would locate the right version wasn't an option with too much time having already elapsed.

I helped compile both series up until early '95 and left SPG just before CA #3 was released.

At least they did them despite not having masters in every case... back then cleaning up tracks was expensive since it was pretty much only done in studios at the time.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Randall Roq » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:59 am

Thank you DJ Lestat!
Randall Roq
The Jet Set

Postby KYYX4ever » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:42 am

Thanks for posting that DJ Lestat -- one of my very favorites, whih I've never heard the 12" before![:)]
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Return to Obscure 80s Central