Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Pylon, the Vestrymen and others

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Pylon, the Vestrymen and others

Postby noodles » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:31 am

Hey everyone-

been looking on the hub for a while but have yet to find a few gems that will save me from ripping my own vinyl. Does anyone have a decent rip of the following REM derivative bands?:

Pylon- Chomp and Gyrate
Vestrymen-same (the first, not ruby ranch)
Soundtrack- Athens Ga Inside and Out
Miracle Legion- Glad

and while you're at it..

Bangles- 1st EP

i don't mind trading or helping out with other requests.

let me know if you can help me out.

bv
noodles
Personal Jesus

Postby goutroy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:46 am

I'll have to check, but I think I have both of those Pylon records. If you can't find them online (I *think* I saw them on the hub once), I can rip them for you.
goutroy
Personal Jesus

Return to Obscure 80s Central