Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

WHAT ARE THE NEXT CURE REISSUES?!! WAH! WAH! WAH!

WHAT ARE THE NEXT CURE REISSUES?!! WAH! WAH! WAH!

Postby bruiser » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:51 am

because i want to know.

no seriously, i do. i look at this site, and ideal copy, and ice magazine, and the cure sites and messageboards, and i don't see them. any clues? and no, don't tell me that "the glove" is one of them. i know that.

i want facts! facts i tell you! and tracklists!

and where will they put the 12" of "just one kiss"? wah! wah! what's HAPPENING?!!!

[;)]
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:36 am

The Just One Kiss 12" version is amazing. The snippet they put on the Japanese Whispers cd does not do the song justice. I have the Just One Kiss on an unofficial cd and wouldn't mind owning an official one. A Cure 12" extended versions compilation would be awesome?

Just One Kiss
Let's Go To Bed
Primary
The Walk
etc.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby korova1 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Yeah, I have "The Walk EP" on vinyl and I LOVE the 12 inch version... so damn good. Is it not going to be released or something? I haven't heard. Please do tell.
korova1
Personal Jesus

Postby bruiser » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:55 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by korova1[/i]
<br>Yeah, I have "The Walk EP" on vinyl and I LOVE the 12 inch version... so damn good. Is it not going to be released or something? I haven't heard. Please do tell.
[/quote]

it might be released, but the question is: on what? the singles and b-sides from that period were collected back then on "the walk" e.p., and then again with two new songs on "japanese whispers" soon thereafter; neither was a "full length release." 2 years ago the b-sides were stuck on "join the dots"- but no extended or alternate versions (except "lament") and none of the singles (as they were already on things like "standing on the beach"). and so the question arises: we have three more remasters coming, and robert and steve s. have said one of them is "the glove" (which is certainly from that period of "japanese whispers"), so will they go on that? it seems strange that they would do a remaster of an e.p., so "the glove" having them seems right. and wrong.

but, we are now in MY holy trilogy of cure albums: "japanese whispers", "the top", "head on the door". so what ever comes out is fine be me.

personally, i think there is a 12" collection down the line, because weren't there 12" versions of songs from "faith" that weren't on the remasters? it's too confusing.
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby cubby » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:46 am

My God, bruiser!! You'll probably have a coronary when these come out. I agree though. We are now entering the peak of when the Cure were great. Like I said before, I think the next 3 will be "Blue Sunshine", "The Top" and "The Head on the Door" I really don't think they will bother with "Japanese Whispers". Though, I wouldn't mind them doing "Concert" backed with the "Curiosity" tracks. No idea of a release date. I would expect before the end of the year. Steven S. hasn't been saying much about the reissue of "Blue Sunshine" except for the fact that he has been trying to get Robert to possbily complete some tracks. I know he is busy with the Banshee reissues right now. I guess we have to keep checking the Cure website.
cubby
The Jet Set

Postby bruiser » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:43 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by cubby[/i]
<br>My God, bruiser!! You'll probably have a coronary when these come out. I agree though. We are now entering the peak of when the Cure were great. Like I said before, I think the next 3 will be "Blue Sunshine", "The Top" and "The Head on the Door" I really don't think they will bother with "Japanese Whispers". Though, I wouldn't mind them doing "Concert" backed with the "Curiosity" tracks. No idea of a release date. I would expect before the end of the year. Steven S. hasn't been saying much about the reissue of "Blue Sunshine" except for the fact that he has been trying to get Robert to possbily complete some tracks. I know he is busy with the Banshee reissues right now. I guess we have to keep checking the Cure website.
[/quote]

some of the concert and curiosity tracks have already made it onto the 2nd discs of the re-issues, so i don't know about an official release... and yes, a coronary would be in order. ha! bet you are happy about the siouxsie re-issues, huh? i'll be rocking out to the covers cd fer sure. "i'm the PAHssenger.... and i ride and i riiiiide..."
bruiser
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:15 am

And if they would only re-release Standing On The Beach on DVD. The Greatest Hits DVD left out so many of their good videos.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby derekmaddog » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:57 am

Here's my best guess..........they release THE GLOVE , THE TOP , HEAD ON THE DOOR......
THE TOP will have LOVE CATS , SPEAK MY LANGUAGE , THE WALK......so on and so forth.....I'm sure that's where they will stick all the Japanese whispers stuff....
derekmaddog
Switchin' to Glide

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations